SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novland

+2
Matt
cormiermax
6 posters

Go down

Novland Empty Novland

Post by cormiermax Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:10 am

Ok this is Novland 3.0 and in my opinion the best one yet Razz

Here is the first teaser!

Novland Novlandteaser

More coming soon...
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Novland Empty Re: Novland

Post by cormiermax Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:13 am

Here is one more castle before we go on to the capital of Rajavick.

Bærum castle, built in 1160 is located in the far northern areas of the Aslow Peninsula. It is in the middle of the Stabekk Highlands and is now a much visited tourist site.

Novland Castlew
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:03 am

Whoa! Nice Castle and the area around it! Novland Icon_eek

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks Nate! Smile

Here are some pictures of Rajavick and some of the countryside.

Novland Rajavick3

Novland Rajavickji

Novland Rajavickfg

Novland Trail

Novland Ahss

Novland Akl
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:24 pm

Just beautiful. Shocked
Matt
Matt
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 863
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:45 am

Lovely, I'm currious what your thought process is on the HSBC building. It looks out of place but if you were going for a certain effect it does pull it off... so just outta curriosity what were you thinking when you placed the buildings like that?
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:41 am

I placed it there to make it seem it replaced the original 17th century buildings but keeping there facade. So in reality all the buildings on that block are all the same building, and the inside is a completely modern office building.
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:30 am

That's what I figured you were doing with that shot. Cool, looks great.
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumba Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:45 pm

cormiermax wrote:I placed it there to make it seem it replaced the original 17th century buildings but keeping there facade. So in reality all the buildings on that block are all the same building, and the inside is a completely modern office building.

Not to argue, but I'm a architecture major, the HSBC building facade has no relation to any of the 17th century buildings facade and appears to be out of place. If thats the effect you wanted then you have achieved it.

On your CJ, it appears you're more talented in rural areas than urban areas. Its nice to see rural areas for a change.
Kumba
Kumba
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Monegasque Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:14 am

Kumba wrote:
cormiermax wrote:I placed it there to make it seem it replaced the original 17th century buildings but keeping there facade. So in reality all the buildings on that block are all the same building, and the inside is a completely modern office building.

Not to argue, but I'm a architecture major, the HSBC building facade has no relation to any of the 17th century buildings facade and appears to be out of place. If thats the effect you wanted then you have achieved it.

On your CJ, it appears you're more talented in rural areas than urban areas. Its nice to see rural areas for a change.

I totally disagree with your comment, Basically all European cities have that type of contrast within Urban City centres, like London, Paris, Berlin, for Example This is the Swiss Re HQ (or the Gherkin) in London, and the street infront is Bishopsgate, one of the main roads leading through London's financial area, you see?
More Examples
Just my opinion from a European POV Rolling Eyes
Monegasque
Monegasque
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:36 am

Kumba wrote:On your CJ, it appears you're more talented in rural areas than urban areas. Its nice to see rural areas for a change.

It seems you're more talented at Wikipedia than giving constructive criticism. It's nice to see our involvement in Wikipedia. Very Happy
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumba Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Monegasquedude wrote:
I totally disagree with your comment, Basically all European cities have that type of contrast within Urban City centres, like London, Paris, Berlin, for Example This is the Swiss Re HQ (or the Gherkin) in London, and the street infront is Bishopsgate, one of the main roads leading through London's financial area, you see?
More Examples
Just my opinion from a European POV Rolling Eyes

Yes I know there is a contrast in european cities most notably in Paris with the Pompidou Centre. I 100% agree with you but this is not my argument, this is my argument,

"I placed it there to make it seem it replaced the original 17th century buildings but keeping there facade. So in reality all the buildings on that block are all the same building, and the inside is a completely modern office building." -CornieMaxie

He states he placed the HSBC building to replace a 17th century building that was on the orginal site, and the HSBC building kept the 17th century building facade (style).

I'm disagreeing with this since the HSBC building has no relation with a 17th century building facade. The building in question is from HSBC Hong Kong, it was not designed to match a 17th century style facade.

Before you question me on misreading the quote, the second sentence says it all, he wants a continunity of the 17th century facade alongside the block and not an interuption of a building that stands out like the Pompidou Centre does.

Thanks.

Drfj -

Your comment is so far off base of whats being discussed here so I'm guessing you're still finding opportunies to personal attack me, so you have been reported to Slacker.

Thanks.
Kumba
Kumba
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Its not supposed to match, that's what makes it look interesting.
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumba Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:49 pm

Your orginal comment made it sound like that. But if you intended it to be a building that stands out, you achieved it. Smile I think it looks fine nothing negative, I wasn't critiquing the picture, but rather the comment you made about it. I just wanted to show you the HSBC building does not have a 17th century facade as what you seemed to comment on.

Thanks.
Kumba
Kumba
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:56 pm

well actually kumba if you look at the Lower section the Facade of the 17th Century Building continues and the HSBC building is set comming up and outta the roof he overlaped the buildings so in a way he did continue the Facade and look from the street level.

max I'm liking the look of the city centre and the addition of rural Novland is a nice bonus
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumba Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:50 pm

canuck3360 wrote:well actually kumba if you look at the Lower section the Facade of the 17th Century Building continues and the HSBC building is set comming up and outta the roof he overlaped the buildings so in a way he did continue the Facade and look from the street level.

We could have a whole discussion on this topic but the creator revised his orginal statement to reflect what he actually meant so I'll respect that and let the discussion die since I don't want to clutter his CJ Smile You're welcome to PM me if you want to continue the discussion.
Kumba
Kumba
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down