SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone Republic 2011

+2
cormiermax
simsamerica
6 posters

Go down

Stone Republic 2011 Empty Stone Republic 2011

Post by simsamerica Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Stone Republic 2011 Flag
Stone Republic

Stone Republic 2011 Archerscenter
Built in 1986, the Archers Center in East Stone is the national competition shooting and archery center. It is also home of the Pacific Wranglers, a demonstration shooting team that tours the Left Coast and islands nearby. The Pacific Wranglers dress in cowboy getup and act like stereotypical Wild West cowboys. Interacting with the crowd and doing Trick Shooting. The Arena has modern amenities yet 80's charm. The shooting area is in the near and the target area is the grass.

Stone Republic 2011 Cyclingcourse
Still in East Stone on the shores of the Millwater River. The Simlympic Velodrome- East Stone is a full length oval located in an air conditioned arena. The velodrome has exclusivly soft seats for all 15,000 spectators. The VIP Boxes on the front stretch are on a level similar to that of the Presidential Suite at the Omni Hotel in Downtown and the Club Seats similar to a room at the Marriot. The Velodrome began construction in 2008 and was finished in time for the Pacific Cycling World Championships for 2010.

The BMX Track has been home to Motocross and BMX for nearly ten years, Every year the best MX and BMX racers in the nation come to the track every October (Between the MX and SX Seasons) to decide who really is the best racer in the country. From the starting gate you go down the first hill and take the first jump before taking a hairpen followed by a long jump similar to a triple but with only two jumps. The course then doubles back on itself and takes the two jumps backwards before a final hairpen and a jump then crossing the BMX finish line, the Pits are off to the right after the finish line. The MX course continues round two additional 90 degree corners to restart the lap.

Stone Republic 2011 Nationalsarena
The only stadium in the nation with a track, Nationals Arena automatically defaults as the only stadium for Athletics. In addition to that, Nationals Arena would be host to the Field Hockey Finals as the main Field Hockey Stadium in South Stone Isle would be too small for a final. Just as its usual tenant, Nationals Arena would play host to part of the Football finals matches. Nationals Arena is usually home to Nationals F.C. of the Stoneish Premier League and has been home to 5 of the last 6 finals in the SPL. Nationals Arena was built in 1998 and opend on New Years Day 99' to the enjoyment of the fans of Nationals F.C. who could now play in a nicer stadium than the adapted National Stadium. Nationals Arena is currently undergoing upgrading renovations to include seats all around to replace the terraces surround most of the pitch. Air Conditioning and other modern amenities are also forthcoming.

Stone Republic 2011 Nationalstadium
National Stadium would play host to the Simlympic Baseball Finals. While it was built in 1986, National Stadium has undergone several renovations to stay with the times and is currently undergoing such renovations to make the stadium more modern for the Baseball section of the simlympics.

Stone Republic 2011 Simlympichq
The Headquarters of the Simlympics in Stone City would be located just off the Millwater River in East Stone. The Headquarters would be gated and guarded and include the Communications Center, the Athletes Village, an urgent care center for overnight athlete safety and finally a KFC for quick snacking in the middle of the night so that the athletes can have some familiar food. When the subway system is completed a subway station is set to be built to the West of the compound next to the KFC outside of the complex.

Other stuff to come. Smile

Last edited by simsamerica on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
simsamerica
simsamerica

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-12-14

http://sc4united.darkbb.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Stone Republic 2011 Empty Re: Stone Republic 2011

Post by cormiermax Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:14 am

I'm going to say no, The Simlympics should be like the Olympics and organized in a city proper.
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:20 am

Well how big is your country?
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:41 am

Only 1 region, and its an island, this pic shows what in the end, will be the width, i'm not done with it yet but if I bid I will be.
Stone Republic 2011 Regionshot

hmmm, thought I included a link in the first post Neutral I need to fix that.
simsamerica
simsamerica

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:18 am

If you are going to use the entire region, I would probably say no. Having venues in Berryford and Stone City would probably be okay though Smile
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:13 am

And i'm planning to build a beach town that would probably be hosting in that Large tile East (Right) of Berryford which would host some events.
simsamerica
simsamerica

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:18 am

Will, maybe you should think about modifying the config.bmp file for your region and make it all large or all medium, since it makes it easier to build regions.
Bruce
Bruce

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:30 am

I am not very familiar with the files system, I'll look into that though, but since I've already got things going and I am not familiar with the file system. I'm doing it but I made a copy just to be safe Smile

Neutral Didn't go so well, caused everything to clear and now its back to what it was around 9 last night which kind of makes the relevence of Berryford slightly irrelevent. Population is now at 36K. I'll explore something like that.though...
simsamerica
simsamerica

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:13 am

K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:39 am

I think so, its no big deal on that part really, I kinda already have this one planned, atleast 5 sections and the rest will kinda just fill in. I thank you for your advice though.... btw is there any way to zoom in/out in region mode? I have heard there isn't but I really don't know.
simsamerica
simsamerica

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:04 am

You can use Sawtooth's Region Census v0.8. It takes regional pics (big PNG ones) and also counts population, jobs and money outside of SC4.
Bruce
Bruce

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 am

ok, I've got... someone's regional census thing, not his though but also from the lex.
simsamerica
simsamerica

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:02 am

cant wait for more
Wacky32
Wacky32

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2010-01-12

http://sibf.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 pm

updated Smile
simsamerica
simsamerica

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:00 am

nice stadiums.
Wacky32
Wacky32

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2010-01-12

http://sibf.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by miguelleal1 Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:56 am

Your bid is great but need something unique or special...
miguelleal1
miguelleal1

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:49 am

I'm unveiling it in parts, Its a rather large bid actually or will be, I'm redoing the Nation due to lack of transport structure.
simsamerica
simsamerica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down