SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Canada 17th ISC Session potential bid

3 posters

Go down

New Canada 17th ISC  Session potential bid Empty New Canada 17th ISC Session potential bid

Post by savevp Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Hello.
My region, New Canada is considering bidding for the 17th ISC Session. I will begin by uploading some general pictures of my city. Any comments/ criticisms are greatly appreciated. There will be more to come shortly. For now, enjoy!

New Canada 17th ISC  Session potential bid -jul_412

New Canada 17th ISC  Session potential bid -jul_210
The Sir John A. MacDonald National Monument overlooking Atlantic Blvd.

New Canada 17th ISC  Session potential bid -jan_810
The Gallery of the Atlantic is also located along Atlantic Blvd.

New Canada 17th ISC  Session potential bid -aug_310
The trendy shops and former warehouses now converted to lofts in the historic Rail District, along Borden St.

New Canada 17th ISC  Session potential bid -aug_110
The historic Kauker Manor on London Street.

New Canada 17th ISC  Session potential bid -jan_110
Midtown skyline.

Hope you enjoyed seeing some of my city. Once again please feel free to comment or provide constructive criticism. Thanks!

savevp

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

New Canada 17th ISC  Session potential bid Empty Re: New Canada 17th ISC Session potential bid

Post by Bruce Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Less Maxis. Download some CC. I don't think palm trees are in Canada, so get a mod. Don't use a real life country's name in your country's name, unless its really neccessary (like British _ for a former part of said empire). Don't crop pics. Remove UDI icons. Hide the menus with the [-] then use PrtScr and put in Paint and save as JPEG/JPG. Smile
Bruce
Bruce

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

New Canada 17th ISC  Session potential bid Empty Re: New Canada 17th ISC Session potential bid

Post by savevp Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:42 am

Thanks Bruce. However, I should have introduced my region better. I envision New Canada as an oversees territory of Canada located somewhere along the Atlantic Coast somewhere around where, say, Jacksonville, FL is today. I will shortly post some more images of my city with the JPG format. Thanks for the tips.

savevp

Back to top Go down

New Canada 17th ISC  Session potential bid Empty Quick update

Post by savevp Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:53 am

New Canada 17th ISC  Session potential bid -aug_311

The entrance to the Convention Centre is in the historic train station just West of the Downtown core, near the intersection of Atlantic and Borden (see below). The actual event space is located mostly underground. On top of that space, a large urban forest was created and behind that is the Rail District (see first post for a picture).

And one more,

New Canada 17th ISC  Session potential bid -may_310
The intersection of Atlantic and Borden is one of the trendiest places in the city. Right on the corner, in the pink building, is one of the best coffe spots in the city; Common Grounds.

savevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:12 pm

New Canada? alien Very Happy Funny name Wink
A little history of the name Canada:
Blakeway
Blakeway

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-11-29

http://aoin.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down