SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010

+2
K50
Peter
6 posters

Go down

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Empty one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010

Post by Peter Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:17 am

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy1

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy2

Legacy of the Games of the XIII Simlympiad
Chihiro, Petrova

Exactly one year ago today, hundreds of thousands of people witnessed the opening ceremonies of the Games of the XIII Simlympiad held in Chihiro, Petrova on August 2010. With over 4500 views and 3 pages of comments from just the opening ceremonies, Qhiro 2010 is the most successful games yet.

Hi guys! I have missed you all so much and yes, from time to time I do lurk in the forums to see what y'all are up to. Here's what I have been doing for the past year: I have joined several clubs and organizations at my high school, MC-ed/hosted at my school's Culture Night event, won Mr. RHS 2011 and now I am about to embark on a new journey at the University of Central Florida, here in Orlando Smile I am having a blast in college and I'll be moving into my dorm this Friday and anyways I wanted to do this to give you all an update on Petrova. I still play SC4(but rarely, like once every month). There's not that much change from the last time you saw the country, but there are some new changes and developments that I would like to share with you guys and that is the legacy of the games and how the games affected the country. So for old times' sake, enjoy!

Tourism

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy11

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy12

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy13

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy5

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy6

As seen in the figures below, after the 2010 Games, a plethora of cities throughout Petrova has seen a rise in tourism. This also resulted in the boost of economy and has helped Petrova from the ongoing economic crisis in Europe and around the world. The construction of the Chipari Water Theme Park in Ordona has been stopped to make way for the construction of 2010 Games, but the construction of the water theme park has begun three months ago and is slated to be completed by Fall 2011. DisneyPetrova became the 3rd most visited Disney Theme Park in the world, behind the two Disney parks in the United States and surpassing Disneyland Paris and Tokyo. Plans have been made to expand DisneyPetrova into two more theme parks.

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy10

Venues

During last year's post games press conference, it was announced that the iconic beach themed Petrova Simlympic Park would be turned into a sports theme park and also be used by the University of Petrova. The Petrova Simlympic Committee has decided to scrap that plan and instead renovate the existing venues. Today, the Hasnaoui(pronounced Has-nooh-wee) Athletic Park is used by athletes around the world as a training center as well as hosting several sporting events. The HAP will also be the future host venue complex of several national preliminaries for the Simlympics of Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Armenia. The Chihiro Simlympic Complex at the heart of the Petrovar capital has remained intact and is used for national and local sporting events. The iconic torch has been remodeled by the Petrova National Guard and is currently the main kiosk of the capital's security system(for the games, several surveillance cameras have been placed in the streets of the Chihiro for safety measures and is still being used).

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy15

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy3

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy8

In General

Preparations for the games has benefitted the country overall in terms of economy, infrastructure, tourism and world fame. The Ambassador's Village, home to numerous embassies of countries with ties to Petrova, has been renovated into a more systematic "city" and has been renamed The Campanella Village.

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy14

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy9

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy4

The Artika Tennis Grounds was actually a temorary venue and used to be a huge plaza with shops, but after the games, the Petrova Simlympic Committee and the Chihiro Infrastructure Authority decided to keep the unique and iconic venue. After the simlympics, Downtown Chihiro and the Commercial Center saw a rise in offers for headquarters of various international companies. The King has appointed a special committee to oversee the post-development of venues that were utilized during the games to make sure that they are being used and maintained. The Games not only left a legacy, but the bid itself too. Qhiro 2010 bid has raised the bidding standards and gained attention again when earlier this year a country bidding to host the Spring 2011 Simlympics extensively plagiarized the Qhiro bid, angering millions of Petrovars, causing the ISC to take action.

While Petrova is known for hosting various entertainment events, it will forever be known for hosting the Games of the XIII Simlympiad, a dream and goal of the country since its arrival at Simsports in August 2008. Thank you for making it all happen! Spasiba and hope to see you all again! - Peter Reyes

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy2-1

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy2-2

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy2-3

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Legacy2-4
Peter
Peter
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1386
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://sites.google.com/site/chihiropetrova/

Back to top Go down

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Empty Re: one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010

Post by K50 Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:07 am

I think you should come back Razz
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010 Empty Re: one year later | legacy of Чиро 2010

Post by Wacky32 Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:28 am

Peter, that was a great games and I agree with K50, I wish you would come back. Smile
Wacky32
Wacky32

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2010-01-12

http://sibf.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Oh. My. Gosh.

I can't believe my eyes! Petrova is here!!! cheers

I agree with the others, it would be great to have you back Smile
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2011-01-10
Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

Post by knarfmo Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:39 am

I love seeing the after effects of hosting the Simlympics. Great job!
knarfmo
knarfmo
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:14 am

Was a wonderful games, and its great seeing you around again Peter Smile
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down