SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bidding window is now open!

+8
Aranho
Peter
Monegasque
GreekMan
Slacker
CraigKingOfIreland
Jcool663
canuck3360
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bidding window is now open! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bidding window is now open!

Post by canuck3360 Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 am

true but it's early on and with the fact that most bids have only put a few pictures up so far I'm not suprised really you should wait and see before saying something like that I could understand if it were 2 days till bidding closed and no one had shown us venues but it's 5 Days in.
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:31 am

I'm sure stadiums are coming Smile. Most of the bids are still in the teaser/announcement stage, plenty of time yet.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:41 am

ok, just kinda reminding everyone hey.... the city pics are great and the teaser videos are cool.... but this is the simlympics wanna see where these games are gonna be held.
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:27 pm

ok dljrfn I have to ask this why are you the one reminding? your not on the voting comitee
your entitled to your opinion but thats just it it's yours and not mine or even some of the others in the ISC
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 pm

hahaha Razz
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:59 am

canuck3360 wrote:ok dljrfn I have to ask this why are you the one reminding? your not on the voting comitee
your entitled to your opinion but thats just it it's yours and not mine or even some of the others in the ISC

Well no one else is, it just seems strange to me that the focus has been on the cities and not the venues even this early....

though I have to wonder.... why is everyone blowing this up into something more than it needs to be? Like all I said was really, like the cities but why no venues I'd sort of expect the first things we see in most bids to be the simlympic stadiums.... I'm just a little surprised that I haven't seen any stadiums, yeah it's early but why keep essentially the most important part of the bid until the end?
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigKingOfIreland Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:24 am

dljrfn2000 wrote:
I'm just a little surprised that I haven't seen any stadiums

My only in game pic so far is of my Simlympic Park Razz
CraigKingOfIreland
CraigKingOfIreland
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:26 am

CraigKingOfIreland wrote:
dljrfn2000 wrote:
I'm just a little surprised that I haven't seen any stadiums

My only in game pic so far is of my Simlympic Park Razz

I can't argue with that retort Laughing
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Monegasque Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:35 am

dljrfn2000 wrote:
Well no one else is, it just seems strange to me that the focus has been on the cities and not the venues even this early....

though I have to wonder.... why is everyone blowing this up into something more than it needs to be? Like all I said was really, like the cities but why no venues I'd sort of expect the first things we see in most bids to be the simlympic stadiums.... I'm just a little surprised that I haven't seen any stadiums, yeah it's early but why keep essentially the most important part of the bid until the end?

Because, you need to know the backround of the city, what the actual city is like, you don't pick a city that just has venues.
the Simlympic is a very cultural event, and without the culture behind the bid (the culture is shown in pics of your city), what is there to like?
as these day's every single idea and venue has been used in the simlympics, its impossible to have a different bid to your competitors if you just show venues.

and im sure the people who will be visiting your nation during the simlympics, will need other stuff to do other than watching the games Wink
sorry for it sounding like im having a raunt at ya, LOL this subject has escalated way to much just for an opinion.
anyway you'll be seeing venue/stadium pics from me later.
Monegasque
Monegasque
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:00 am

oh no it didn't sound like a rant at all, I understand this, trust me I do I just felt it was odd that all we had seen (exception to Leah Razz ) was just culture things, I was surprised that stadiums had not been shown.
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Monegasque Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:04 am

haha i guess you can't stop curiousity.
Monegasque
Monegasque
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:52 am

well honestly everyone bids differently you may want to show stadiums first but not everyone else does I didn't show venues first everytime i bid laval in fact started with some cultural shots and then venues more cultural then more venues.

you also have to understand that it is month long process and some people have RL so some things could take time
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:28 pm

i agree with you canuck

i understand that it is currently a holiday season in certain part of the world but not all of us have tons of free time on gearing up our bids. good bids do takes time as compared to rushed and sloppy bids.
Aranho
Aranho
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2008-10-18

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aranho

Back to top Go down

Post by GreekMan Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:44 pm

wait i haven't been around for a week or so(football practice)
is it justg oing to be craig and myself bidding this time around unless others step in? wow the bidding process is the best part....

GreekMan

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigKingOfIreland Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:00 pm

I agree GreekMan. It has become a little disappointing to see so many dropouts after it started out looking like it would be a great bidding process =/
CraigKingOfIreland
CraigKingOfIreland
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:44 pm

I've been thinking whether West Borneo (my another CJ) will be bidding for this Simlympics. But since I myself have hosted the April 09 Simlympics as the former Raffore Islands, I doubt my chances of winning will be acceptional (not high but acceptional).

Also, I'm in the midst of an exam plus a major one two months later in October, so I doubt I can bid for this Simlympics. My terrible hosting of the April Simlympics have also leave a bad impression about me towards the ISC.
Aranho
Aranho
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2008-10-18

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aranho

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:47 am

Just a heads up - the host will either be selected this Saturday (30th August), or the Saturday afterward (6ish September). It's usually the first Saturday of the month, but that's usually a lot earlier in the month - hence the change.

If this is the case, bidding will close tomorrow. So time for any last minute additions Smile.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998

Back to top Go down

Post by GreekMan Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:27 pm

i don't think i need any more add ons....if you have seen my bid i don't show the venues for the simlympic park casue i don't know if i will win or not

GreekMan

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Jcool663 Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:39 am

Monegasquedude wrote:
Because, you need to know the backround of the city, what the actual city is like, you don't pick a city that just has venues.
the Simlympic is a very cultural event, and without the culture behind the bid (the culture is shown in pics of your city), what is there to like?
as these day's every single idea and venue has been used in the simlympics, its impossible to have a different bid to your competitors if you just show venues.

and im sure the people who will be visiting your nation during the simlympics, will need other stuff to do other than watching the games Wink
sorry for it sounding like im having a raunt at ya, LOL this subject has escalated way to much just for an opinion.
anyway you'll be seeing venue/stadium pics from me later.

As much as i would LOVE to agree with this i have only seen a few bids now and in the past about cultural events in the cities themselves and so when people throw around the "Cultural aspect" of the bid themselves i really wanna call them out on the fact that i have seen little to no cultural aspects to these bids. in fact i believe there should be more culture and displays of culture. Because just showing a metro system and a grand park is not showing culture... thats basically what i have seen all the time. i want to see interviews of people. news confrences. pictures of cultural events. honestly thats what i want to see at a Simlympic event, not a metro system that goes EVERYWHERE because it just can do that... Really? I've seen that in the past and I'm seeing it now. if i was apart of the ISC i would probably give the event to the smallest city with the worst planning structure i have ever seen if they showed some amazing culture and basically brought a different element to the thing!

So in theory...i agree with dljrfn2000 because if your ganna show off your city then go to the CJ section. i wanna see stadiums and what not and then add in the details later on about your city and transportation. and especially if your ganna make the argument of culture then show some culture.

(srry if i seem mad. Just really annoyed with some peoples opinions and ignorance on the subject.)
Jcool663
Jcool663

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-03-01

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:34 am

anyone can just show stadiums personally I look for more i don't have time to surf someone and every bidders CJ especially if they're spread out all over the place. When a city bid's I wanna see the city

and cultural could be more than news conferences not everyone can do that RP Shite ya know. Cultural aspects can be seen in a look of the city.
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2