SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Winter Olympic Bid - Metro Miscellania

4 posters

Go down

2011 Winter Olympic Bid - Metro Miscellania Empty 2011 Winter Olympic Bid - Metro Miscellania

Post by AlexRogers Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:32 am

Sorry, I am new to this site so excuse any mistakes and I'm not sure this is a serious thing but...

I am Mayor Alex Rogers and would like to submit a bid for the Olympics to be hosted in the city of Metro Miscellania. Downtown (New Miscellania) is a small but incredibly developed metropolis, here are some facts/statistics collected by the last government census:

Population of city centre - 1,250,000 (Not regional population!)
Land Area - 4km squared
Total area - 16km squared
Life expectancy - 98.4 years (highest in the world)
Average income per capita - £25,000

Transport network:

Subway
Central motorway
Bus system
Airport
Ferry

Subway - The subway connects the high population areas of the city (almost everywhere) to the central corporate district (mainly in the centre and the southern waterfront). Due to a population boom where 200,000 immigrants arrived within a year the subway is over crowded (in some areas it is over 1,000% of it's capacity), however new terminals are being built to solve this problem.

Central motorway - This road network connects the city to the rest of the region, during the day the motorway may have over 20,000 commuters at any one time and due to limited space this problem cannot be fixed.

Bus system - Tourists can board a bus at one of the several bus stations within the city, however only a limited area is covered.

Airport - The airport is built on a small island to the east of the city, it consists of Terminal 1 (Large International Airport) and Terminal 2 (Large Municpal Airport), although this airport is busy, there is capacity for large tourist arrivals.

Ferry - Visitors/spectators from nearby cities/regions can catch a ferry to the southern waterfront, cheap and time efficient.

The city has many sport venues that can hold the majority of the events, however some events may have to be held in North Miscellania (approximately 10km North from downtown), there are also mountains beyond the northernmost point of the city which can hold events such as skiing and snowboarding. Our goverment has set aside a budget of £15 billion to make this event happen.

Please could someone tell me how to add images?

AlexRogers

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

2011 Winter Olympic Bid - Metro Miscellania Empty Re: 2011 Winter Olympic Bid - Metro Miscellania

Post by Wacky32 Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:52 am

Well 1st off, turn of the U-Drive, get rid of the menu witht he tiny square in the low left of the screen. Then click PrtScn (Print Screen) then Ctrl + ESC go to MS Paint or what ever you have and click Ctrl + V or paste.
Wacky32
Wacky32

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2010-01-12

http://sibf.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

2011 Winter Olympic Bid - Metro Miscellania Empty Re: 2011 Winter Olympic Bid - Metro Miscellania

Post by AlexRogers Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:54 am

Yeah, I have the images but how do I post them?

AlexRogers

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:55 am

Oh, go to Imageshack or Photobucket

http://imageshack.us/
http://photobucket.com/
Wacky32
Wacky32

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexRogers Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:59 am

I have to go now, can you please send me step by step instructions? I currently have the images that I want saved in my pictures; thank you and goodnight.

AlexRogers

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:00 am

Ok, goodnight, I'll PM you soon! And welcome to SimSports, Im Wacky32 (Alex)! Very Happy
Wacky32
Wacky32

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:49 pm

AlexRogers wrote:I have to go now, can you please send me step by step instructions? I currently have the images that I want saved in my pictures; thank you and goodnight.
Welcome to Simsports Smile

there is a fast way and a slower but easier way... the slow way is FASTER if you are uploading more pictures though.

Fast way: when you post a reply, at the top you should see a button with an image and a floppy disc. Upload your picture there. Then, once it's uploaded, you will get three links. Click the bottom one and copy it (Control + C) and then, using the button with the image WITHOUT the floppy disc, paste the link in. It will show up fine.

Better way: make an account on photobucket and upload your images there. When you hover over the uploaded images, you should see buttons that say things such as email/IM, direct url, HTML, and IMG. Click the one that says "IMG" at the bottom, and then paste (Control + V) into your forum post.

If you have any questions my inbox is always open Smile
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:52 pm

wacky,K50 I know your helping but this is for Bid only well it is now

alex official bids must have 2 threads 1 for the bid and one for the comments that way we(ISC) can make the proper decision without having to dig through pages of comments
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexRogers Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:56 pm

I have made a comments thread and thank you for the help.

AlexRogers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down