SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical!

5 posters

Go down

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical! Empty Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical!

Post by TekindusT Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:13 am

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical! Logo800x600

* The logo is a modified symbol for a NOR digital logic gate, used in digital electronics. The correlation with the bid motto is obvious knowing this.

Stay tuned to see more!
TekindusT
TekindusT
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical! Empty Re: Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical!

Post by K50 Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:02 am

Wow, so you are bidding?

Can't wait to see it!
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TekindusT Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:58 am

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical! Banner1s

The Principality of Barnanova is a constitutional monarchy city-state situated in the island of Corsica, on the Mediterranean Sea. The small military outpost in the 14th century has grown up to become a roughly 1,000,000-inhabitants city because of its privileged situation on the Mediterranean. It has been an stronghold, a commercial hub, an stable democratic country and, nowadays; a financial and logistics hub. The Principality has experienced an steady growth since the end of WWII, and it is now one of the countries with the highest quality of life in the whole world.

Its gentle climate, its excellent international communications, its modern and well-equiped venues and its passionate Simlympic spirit are the main assets of Barnanova to celebrate the 17th ISC Session this April. It's just the logical option Wink

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical! Panoramaisc800x600
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img543/8721/panoramaisc.jpg

Barnanova is getting ready to give the ISC members the best accommodation to make them feel home during the days the ISC session lasts. On their free time, they'll be able to visit a city that has plenty to offer. Architecture, culture, shopping, history... Suming up, they won't want to go back home!

Click the link for full resolution!

Next section: Transport and Accommodation
TekindusT
TekindusT
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:29 am

Nice, fellow competitor!

PS: Do you know where you got those other BSC Park trails? I only got the base set.

PPS: Could you please tell me all the dependecies needed for the BSC Parks? I downloaded the ones in the readme, but 1) the flower walls don't look right, 2) the gazebo is just an empty lot, and 3) the wide trails look terrible.

If it helps, I can post pics of the three as they look on my computer...
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2011-01-10
Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:11 am

Some of those other BSC parks lots are part of JBSimio's University of Clayhurst set on LEX. (Warning: tons of dependencies).
Bruce
Bruce

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:29 am

Could you link me to them?

(The
Bruce wrote:
Warning: tons of dependencies
might be just the thing to solve my dependency problem.)
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2011-01-10
Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:12 am

Oh that is hot! Very nice (I will say that I was expecting a bigger airport Wink)
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:15 am

The dependencies are usually listed in the readmes of the BSC files and if the link is dead, check out the dependency list on SC4D.
Bruce
Bruce

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TekindusT Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:02 am

Well, I don't have the BSC Parks pack installed, but the University of Clayhurst pack. With all the listed dependancies installed (most of them are the "must have" packs...) I've never had a problem with the UoC set.

Thank you all for your kind words, stay tuned to see the next updates!
TekindusT
TekindusT
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by TekindusT Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:55 am

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical! Banner2ad

Now we've seen where the participants will be acommodated, we have to see the most prominent part of Barnanova's bid: the venues. The Barnanova Simlympic Comitee (BSC, what does remind me this acronym?) has put a huge effort on choosing the venues and planning everything to try to interfere as less as possible with Barnanova's everyday live.

The most prominent venue in this ISC Session will be the International Financial Center Congress Hall, with a capacity of 5,000 approximately. It's state-of-the-art design, the services it can provide and its situation (right in the middle of the CBD) makes this congress hall the most adequate option. Here, the ISC Members will have their meetings and will announce the result of their decision. The IFC is only two blocks away the Barnanova Center Hotel.

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical! 52133778

Accross the avenue, we can find the Barnanova International Conventions Center, where a media center will be installed in order to follow the ISC Session and to broadcast from Barnanova to the world all the news coming from the IFC Congress Hall. Every accredited TV station will have an small studio where they can broadcast their information.

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical! 99070565

Finally, once the results have been announced, the Simlympics party will begin on the BarnanovAirlines Arena, where all the Simlympic bidder representatives and ISC Members will enjoy, along with several thousands of people, of a great concert! The best of all is that this arena is only five blocks far from the IFC.

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical! 37721943
TekindusT
TekindusT
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by TekindusT Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:12 am

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical! Banner2fho

Now we've seen all what the Principality of Barnanova has to offer to the world, we're going to hear, as a closing for Barnanova's Bid, a message right from the Royal Palace of Barnanova, from Her Serene Highness the Princess Victoria III of Vallhonrat.

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical! 40537055

Barnanova 2011 :: It's logical! Princesaq

International Simlympic Commitee members, Barnanovese citizens, all of you who believe in the Simlympic Games:

First of all, it's been such a honour for me to be part of this bid to host the 17th ISC Session here in my nation, in the Principality of Barnanova. This is a tiny country, but our Simlympics spirit is as huge as yours; and this is why we are today.

Barnanova is a relatively new nation in the Simlympics, but in this short time, this nation has been able to win medals and to make some big things on the Simlympics. Some of our athletes have seen their name written in gold and changed the way our nation sees the sport. Some years ago, I wouldn't believe if you told me that this Mediterranean tiny nation could win a silver medal in Bobsleigh, but it just happened.

The fourth leg of the XIII Simlympics Torch Relay was held here with an attendance that overcame our predictions. We gained experience with this events, and polished what was not completely good. We've put an enormous effort preparing this bid and all goverments have worked side by side to give our best and to be one of the places where History is written. The Royal Family, the Central Goverment, the City of Barnanova Borough Council and, of course, the Barnanova Simlympic Commitee and our sponsors have worked tough. Really tough. What you can see on this bid is only the tip of the iceberg...

This April, Barnanova hopes to be the place where the world turns its eyes; the environment we'll see innovative ideas and some new concepts that will keep the Simlympics evolving as they have since their first edition. We, along with all the Simlympic bidding cities, will have proven ourselves that we can do better. That we can overcome the difficulties we are going through this days. That this nation, is capable of something really big. Is it capable of hosting the Simlympics sometime? Only time will tell...

International Simlympic Comitee members, my hope is to meet again this April in the IFC Congress Hall. The decision, is up to you.

I cannot end this message without giving thanks to everybody who has supported and commented on this bid. Very much appreciated.

HSH the Princess Victoria III
TekindusT
TekindusT
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:22 am

That's quite the bid! Smile I think everyone else has their work cut out for them Razz
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:47 am

Am I more impressed with the bid or the girl? Razz jk

Awesome bid, way better than anything I ever planned to do.
simsamerica
simsamerica

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-12-14

http://sc4united.darkbb.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down