SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18th ISC Session - Francistown

+3
K50
Bruce
emperordaniel
7 posters

Go down

18th ISC Session - Francistown Empty 18th ISC Session - Francistown

Post by emperordaniel Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:01 pm

18th ISC Session - Francistown 1
Yesterday, the plane carrying the members of the International Simlympic Committee landed at Francistown International Airport for the 18th ISC Session. Here you can see the airplane on its final approach.

18th ISC Session - Francistown 2
Outside, a convoy of specially-chartered taxis was waiting for them.

18th ISC Session - Francistown 3
After a brief tour of the city, they went to the various hotels that were to accommodate them, just as the sun began to set beyond the hills in the distance.

18th ISC Session - Francistown 4
The next day, President Slacker and the other ISC member who was staying in the Wave Hotel took one of the hotel's pivate limousines, and due to the fact that the Wave was the closest of the hotels to the venue...

18th ISC Session - Francistown 5
...they arrived before anyone else.

18th ISC Session - Francistown 6
After the other ISC members arrived a few minutes later, they all began to ascend the steps of the Imperial Senate, which had been chosen as the venue for the announcement, while the live TV cameras started rolling.

18th ISC Session - Francistown 7
Many of the TV crews were from FrancisTV, the Imperial Sports Channel, or some other such broadcaster.

18th ISC Session - Francistown 8
The President of the International Simlympic Committee has now arrived to the stage! A standing applause, everyone, for the one and only... Slacker!!!

We will now listen to his speech:
First of all, thank you to Francistown and the whole of Grand & Belluterra for hosting this, the 18th ISC Session. We have thoroughly enjoyed our time here and will no doubt be back on vacation someday!

The ISC have evaluated the bids presented to us, and we are constantly amazed with the quality of the bids, and congratulate all of the bidders for the Fifteenth Simlympiad, who truly are the life blood of the Simlympics. We know how much work is put into bidding and appreciate the effort. We hope you gained from the experience and enjoyed bidding, even though there can only be one winner from many great bids.

When each bid is of such a high quality it makes the task of deciding a host very difficult for us. However, we have reached our decision, and it is my everlasting pleasure in announcing that the Games of the Fifteenth Simlympiad will be held in the city of....

Spoiler:

Congratulations! We all look forward to an incredible Simlympics, hosted by an incredible city!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to recognise the unsuccessful bidders. I can only imagine how hard it must be to come this close to hosting the games, but please don't be too downhearted - we encourage you to work to improve your cities and to bid again in the future.

Once again, congratulations to all and to all a good night!

Cheers broke out from all over the conference hall after this announcement.

18th ISC Session - Francistown 9
Soon after, some of them went to the marina to enjoy sailing through the beautiful blue waters of the Sushili Sea.

18th ISC Session - Francistown 10
They also attended a live concert at Andrews Square by the famous Grandian rock band Paulo & the Kinsmen.

18th ISC Session - Francistown 11
Finally, they were driven back to their hotels, after a long, eventful day in Francistown, a paradise of wonder.
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2011-01-10
Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

18th ISC Session - Francistown Empty Re: 18th ISC Session - Francistown

Post by Bruce Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:41 am

Congrats K50! That's two USNW-hosted Simlympics in a row!
Bruce
Bruce

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:39 am

Congratulations! Very Happy
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2011-01-10
Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks for all of you who have supported my work, and the ISC for recognizing it, I'm so excited to host the Simlympics, it's something I've always wanted to do since I heard about them in 2009. I promise to raise the bar as high as I possibly can once the games start Smile

Daniel: well-done with the ISC session!
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:34 pm

Good job K50! Way to go New Chandler! Very Happy
Wacky32
Wacky32

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2010-01-12

http://sibf.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TekindusT Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:59 am

Massive congratulations, K50!! We can say without a chance of being wrong that these are going to be some awesome Simlympics!
TekindusT
TekindusT
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by knarfmo Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Congratulations to New Chandler City!
knarfmo
knarfmo
ISC Member