SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windsor Park: A City in Crisis Chapter 4

Go down

Windsor Park: A City in Crisis Chapter 4 Empty Windsor Park: A City in Crisis Chapter 4

Post by woodb3kmaster Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:16 pm

Windsor Park: A City in Crisis Chapter 4 Chapterheaderah7

“We look extremely forward to having you here at AsiaPop. When can we expect the first volume of Assassin’s Shadow?” asked the short man in the business suit, standing up and shaking Andy’s hand.

“Well, sir, I’m not really sure…” Andy began, “I think with what I have it should be about two weeks Mr. Sukumota.”

Windsor Park: A City in Crisis Chapter 4 Letsmakeabooktc9

“As your manager Andy, I look truly forward to what you have for us! And please, call me Yuri.” The man, apparently his new manager stood up. “Please let me know if you need anything. Do you need anyone to show you to the elevator?”

“No. I’ve got it. And I’ve got the office number if I need anything. I’ll email you the draft when I finish it.” Andy called back as he exited the moderately sized office and walked towards the elevator.

Pressing the down button for the elevator, he stood there contemplating the events of that afternoon; $50,000 per year contract for his manga, a new apartment, and an expense account for purchasing new computer supplies. This was a dream come true.

His attention was quickly drawn to his short manager running down the hall as he began to step on to the elevator.

“Mr. Kim! Andy! Wait! You forgot your phone!” he called out to Andy, taking a flying dive for the elevator doors, the small plastic phone flying out of the man’s hand and sliding into the elevator.

“Oh! Thanks! I’m still not used to having a different one!” he replied, thanking the now blushing man as the doors of the elevator closed. “See you later!”

As the empty elevator began its descent, Andy jumped as his small mobile phone began to ring and vibrate. Looking at the caller ID, he raised the phone to his ear, not recognizing the number.

Windsor Park: A City in Crisis Chapter 4 Goingdownio3

“Hello?” he asked, struggling to hear over the yelling in the caller’s background.

“Andy. Hello? Please, Andy, answer the phone!”

There was a note of distress in the familiar female voice on the other end.

“Julie? I’m here… I’m just in an elevator. What’s wrong?”

“Andy, I need you to do something really important. I need you to go pick up my brother and sister."

“Wha…? But I have to finish some shopping for work and set up some stuff for the new apartment… Can’t they just go…,” the confusion in his voice easily detected.

“NOW! Justin and I will talk to you later. Just… please… do it. Please…”

The desperation, raw in her voice, only furthered added to his confusion.

“Yeah. Ok. But what’s going on?” he asked, stepping off the elevator, as no sooner did he hear a large crash in the background and the line go dead.
Stepping into the large, dimly lit parking garage, he started making his way to the car.

Halfway to his car, he started hearing a loud shuffling sound coming from a dark corner of the car park, followed by a moan.

His curiosity peaked; he turned and began searching for the source of the sound. Making his way to the corner, he noticed a small, rotund, grey-haired woman standing there with her back to him.

“Ma’am? Is everything ok?” He called out to her, slowly moving closer to the woman, reaching out to tap her shoulder, “Are you alright?”

She slowly turned to him, an empty look on her face as she moaned out loud again.

Andy shivered as he heard the moan, the sound utterly inhuman and slightly sinister. He took a step back from the crazed woman.

“Um… well, since you seem ok, I’m going to…,” he stammered, “just leave you alone. You have… a great day.”

As he began to turn to walk away from the strange woman, she let out a loud, throaty scream and pounced on him.

Windsor Park: A City in Crisis Chapter 4 Donttalktostrangersrv7

-Two hours earlier-

Shaking their shared umbrella and taking off their jackets, Julie and Justin quickly made their way back to the staff call room in the emergency room.

Holding her jacket in her hand, she began placing her jacket on a hanger and then hung it up. She turned to her companion.

“So? What do you think I should do with my siblings?” she asked, as she took Justin’s jacket, “I was kind of thinking six hours of SpongeBob: The Movie would be sufficient.”

“Ok… I didn’t do anything wrong you know. And besides, I think that now counts as a war crime and child abuse,” said Justin, putting on his stethoscope and pager. “You’ll think of something I’m sure. Now let’s get back to work… it looked like we have a few people waiting to be seen in the lobby.”

They made their way through the door, and both took a seat in the large circular area surrounded by exam rooms.

Windsor Park: A City in Crisis Chapter 4 Pagingdrkavoriandp0

A pleasant man, in his early 40s, greeted them.

“Julie! Justin!” he said smiling at the two, “How was lunch?

“Oh, it was good Dr. Franklin. I left your sandwich and chips in the refrigerator.” Justin replied, grabbing one of the charts set out on the counter top.
“Julie, how many times have I told Justin to call me Gary?” Dr. Franklin inquired, crossing his arms to his chest.

“I don’t know. I lost count after 50. Besides, we all know how absent-minded he can be…” she said, picking up another chart to hide her smile.

At this comment, Justin’s face began turning a rosy shade of red.

“Anyways…” Justin continued, quickly trying to change the subject, “Looks like we have a transfer coming from South General. Patient named…” he continued, looking through the chart, “Ophelia Monroe. Being sent for leg lacerations, fever… and…”

“Yeah, I thought it was strange too. South Gen is transferring her for flu symptoms. Apparently, they just had a mob scene in their waiting area and the girl got bit by someone. They have so much overflow there that they had to transfer her to here,” explained Gary, recalling the details on the chart, “Besides, the parents wanted her sent here because of pediatrics. And they seem to be an hour late. Traffic must be bad with the weather.”

“Well… shouldn’t be that difficult for you both. And, I guess the news was right about the flu symptoms here in the city.” Julie added, “Just weird for the South General to be the only one with flu symptoms.”

“Yeah, but that’s life for you,” said Gary, turning to the sound of the ambulance approaching the building, “But I agree about the flu thing. Weird for it to be so localized. Well… let’s look alive people, time to get to work!”

As Julie went over to the trauma room and began clearing way for the incoming stretcher, Dr. Franklin and Justin went to go receive the patient… and were greeted by two heavily armed officers in the back of the ambulance with their 45mms aimed directly at the sleeping child’s head.

It was shaping up to be one strange day, Justin thought to himself as he looked at the scene before his eyes, strange indeed.

Windsor Park: A City in Crisis Chapter 4 Transferfromthesouthsidlo0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, the chapter is over... and we all know I strive on feedback! Comment, or else zombies will eat your legs... or is it brains? Never can get it right...
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down