SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW)

+6
Bruce
Joe 90
Emperador gran dios
K50
Wacky32
emperordaniel
10 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW)

Post by emperordaniel Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:48 am

Ok, I'll host the contest and then shut down for a while while I add custom content.
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2011-01-10
Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW)

Post by emperordaniel Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Ok, here's the sentence:

Me kaouke maash han han vea stabar, han ote brakeoik, iwe shasse awalow hae me ehkskhritikutei hae me apie. As?

You have 48 hours to figure it out.
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:57 pm

OK, since nobody's replied in the last 48 hours, I declare this contest officially OVER.
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Coming Soon...

A Tour of Lake Tranquil Royal Palace

EDIT: I am preparing a SimLympic bid for the August games, coming soon!

EDIT2: Tomorrow at the latest, the tour!
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:33 pm

emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:34 pm

emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:35 pm

The arrows you just saw are not a mistake. I put them there because the following update is going to be a long one Razz
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:36 pm

emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:37 pm

emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Ok, here we are, it's a sunny winter's day here in Grand (no snow, it's just north of Hawaii Razz ), and our tour bus should arrive at Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle in about 15 minutes or so.

Ok, we're now here, and we are crossing Ninahsh Bridge onto the main island, Palace Island.
The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 TourPic1

Oh, and by the way, allow me to introduce myself. I am Prince Imperial Charles, Mayor of Lake Tranquil, and next in line to the throne. My royal father would have loved to be your tour guide, but he's been faring poorly ever since he returned from his official trip to the Constitutional Republic of the Platte. Well, anyways, here we are, passing through the gates. The walls around the palace (and the palace itself) were originally built in the late 19th century, and never served in any military capacity whatsoever. Just in front of us, you can see the Royal Limousine leaving the temporary Parliament building, with the King on his way to the Royal Observatory, which we shall visit shortly. If you look closely, you might be able to see the King wistfully looking out of the window at all of us.
The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 TourPic2

Ok, we are now exiting the tour bus to walk around the palace, while the disabled or ill people will watch from the bus with their windows open, whenever possible. Ok, now, in front of us, we have the temporary Parliament building, which serves as the Parliamentary headquarters while an identical structure is being rebuilt in New Mousford, which shall soon be the new capital. Don't tell anyone what you have just heard about the new capital, for that information is VERY HIGHLY CLASSIFIED.
The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 TourPic3

Ok, now, we shall walk outside the city walls for a bit, in order to view what's left of what was once one of the most thriving Native settlement, mysteriously abandoned about 1,800 years ago. We shall also view a statue dedicated to Prince Arnold, a member of one of only 3 sets of twins ever born to the Monarchs of Grand.
The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 TourPic4

On your right, you can see the reflective pool, which we will see more of later on. We are now going to the Royal Observatory's South Wing. We would take you to the North Wing, to meet and converse with the King (and perhaps receive some small gift from him), but, in the interests of keeping the general public healthy, there is a royal decree in force that, unless the King calls for someone, the only people to go to him are his immediate family members.
The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 TourPic5
The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 TourPic6

We are now traveling to Holy Island, the headquarters of the Church of Grand. Ok, we've crossed Wall Bridge, and are now before Muhkae Pool, where the new bretheren are baptized. Many people also flock here each year, because the water is supposed to be unlike any other water in the world. It is rumored to have special healing qualities, and several others, which I will not elaborate on, for you can ask any of the locals you see wandering about. However, only royals and clergymen can grant permission to enter the pool. I, as a royal, grant permission to bathe here to anyone in this tour group who wishes to bathe here.
The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 TourPic7

You now see before you, the oldest surviving church in Grand, or part of it anyway. This tower was once the end-piece of a massive cathedral that once covered nearly the entire surface of the island. The main part of the cathedral met its end during the Third Island War with Belluterra and Lame Province. This wing now serves as the royal chapel, and the interior, plated in gold and silver and studded with gems of all sizes, has an almost mystical air, possibly created by centuries of existence. The nearly-identical wing opposite serves as the residence of the head of the Church, the Louwahkutapaht. We will now return to the gate by passing through the central area of the palace.
The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 TourPic8

The great golden-copper statue before you commemerates one of the two women who made up the only twin girl pairs born to the Monarchs of Grand, and my great-aunt, May Petersroy. She was instrumental in relieving the U.S. occupation of our island, and, as such, is often known as "Mae Shown Khwintensis", or, "May, Joan of Grand". She died peacefully a few years ago.
The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 TourPic9

We are now crossing the bridge over the reflective pool, fed by underground conduits from Lake Tranquil, and as we do, take a look at the main part of the palace, where I, my Royal Father, my mother, and my eight siblings, reside. Each province, except the, uh, excuse me, SPANISH province, I mean, Lame Province, contributed something to the reconstruction of the building after the Third Island War. The Province of Deadfield contributed the gold to make the solid gold dome, the Province Royal contributed the Royals and the needed laborers, the Province of Mantaines contributed the interior decorations, the Province of Rania contributed the timber for the frame, the Province of Grand contributed the completed frame, the Province of Northton contributed the sandstone for the walls, the Province of Gaius contributed the architects and archived blueprints, and the Provinces of Weston and Canna contributed the worker's lunches.
The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 TourPic10

We have now come to the end of our tour. Our tour bus will take you to Arfief AFB, from where the Royal Private Jet, ImpAir Force One, will fly you all back home. I will go with you, as far as the Air Force Base.
The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 TourPic11

Now, I must say goodbye. Khot hap ee ko, and don't forget to look out of your jet plane window if you want to take a last look at the palace!
The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 TourPic12
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:56 am

Definitly an improvement now that you've added some custom content
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:28 am

Thanks! Very Happy I've found out from experience that daily updates are too difficult, so I'll be doing weekly to tri-weekly updates from now on. I will also host a new flag ceremony on the 8th of March, and I'll be introducing my new capital city sometime soon, and I'll probably have a SimLympic bid ready by August. cheers

Oh, and btw, anyone want more of those culture insights and language lessons? If so, tell me.
Also, tell me if you want more of those high-detail historical updates, or if you just want a highly-condensed version in 4 updates or less.
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 Empty Historical Update

Post by emperordaniel Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Ok, I've decided to do the highly-detailed version of my history. It will be posted more often then my 'real' updates, as it will be posted every 1-4 days.

Here's the next chapter:

Chapter IIII: Struggle

For Arthur and Grand

After the partially-failed ambush, King Samuel’s men rode back to their camp in the mountains, where King Samuel was waiting for them. He asked them if they had killed Armstrong, to which they replied that they had fired at him, but Isabel had moved in front of him at the last moment, taking the ball that was meant for him. They also said that they didn’t know yet if Isabel would survive or not. The next day, the 3rd of November, 1736, some of the men set out on a recruiting mission to obtain more men for the cause. That evening, they returned with about 150 men, increasing their numbers to about 1,000. The next day, they started to move camp to an unnamed peak about 5 kilometers from Mousford, in order to prepare a surprise attack on the British military installation there, the only one in the mountains, and the one that controlled the strategic pass over the mountains here.
The next day, the British sentries were on duty as usual, when one of them noticed about a dozen men riding towards them. The sentry asked them, “God Save the King”. The leader of the small group, who was really King Samuel in disguise, and who knew this British watchword, replied, “Long to Reign Over Us”, to which the sentry told one of the guards to let them in. As they rode in, Samuel made a slight jerk with his left leg, barely noticeable to anyone, unless you were looking for it. This was the prearranged signal for the Grandians to move in.
Just then, Samuel noticed that they were preparing to close the gates behind them as soon as they passed through. Immediately, he made his horse rear up, which was the signal for the Grandians to attack. They immediately charged at the gates. When the sentries saw this, they ironically asked Samuel for help, to which he replied, “Help? Sure- we’ll help them! For Arthur and Grand!” before he plunged his saber into the nearest sentry. Right away, another sentry blew his trumpet, to which hundreds of British soldiers poured out of their quarters, and ran straight to the armory and stable to get their weapons and horses. A few minutes later, they were riding to meet the Grandian Liberation Army.
A heated battle ensued, but it soon became clear that the GLA was losing, when suddenly a random shot entered the magazine, where the majority of the British were concentrated. It immediately blew up, killing most of the British. One of the few remaining ones, seeing that the battle was lost, reached for his rifle and took aim at King Samuel, but was quickly shot down by the King’s younger son Charles. Total casualties from the battle included 112 GLA soldiers killed and 148 wounded, while over 550 British were killed and 250 wounded, while all of the wounded but 15 were captured. The battle is commemorated today on the 7th of November as Beginning of Liberation Day, with an annual reenactment of the battle.
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:26 pm

A quick teaser of what is to come in the future

The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo (USNW) - Page 3 Teaserpic

(hopefully) coming soon!

EDIT: Since this is (embryonic) New Mousford, do any of you recommend any good buildings that I can use as government departments?
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:21 am

On your last "chapter", the roman numeral for four is IV, not IIII.
Bruce
Bruce

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:22 am

For number four Bruce, it can actually go either way Smile
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Proper way is IV, k50. Wink
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:46 pm

Actually, the ancient Romans had "IIII", since "IV" was the abbreviation for their chief god Jupiter, or, in Latin, Ivpiter.
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:52 pm

but the common way is IV today...
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:22 pm

K50 Dude wrote:For number four Bruce, it can actually go either way Smile
Although IV is more common, it isn't "wrong" writing it as IIII.
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Yes, and until about 400 years or so ago, it was common to have IIII.
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Sorry, I almost forgot to post the next part of my history...

The First Naval Battle
When Armstrong heard about the British defeat at Sloping Mountain Pass, he was very surprised. Then another messenger came in, bringing news that they were marching on the shipyards at Round Bay. Immediately, he called messengers, and told them to bring all available loyal Grandians and British that bore arms to defend Round Bay, and to harass the enemy at every possible location. A few days later, the British armies were marching after the Grandian one.
After several days of hard riding, the Grandians reached the shipyard, only to find it abandoned, and its ships scuttled. They immediately started to construct one of their own.
A week later, on the 13th of December, the first British Army arrived at Round Bay, only to find out that the Grandians were waiting for them. Since the British had relied entirely on the element of surprise, they were not ready for this, and were repulsed, with heavy losses. They decided to fall back, warn the other armies, and together with them, decide what to do next. They decided to cut off the Grandians from getting any supplies, possibly starving them into submission, while preparing two of their vessels, the frigates HMS Daring and HMS Victorious, to begin a major naval bombardment of the shipyards.
A few days later, the British ships arrived at the Round Bay Yards, to find out that the Grandians were preparing to launch a three-master frigate into the harbor. The Victorious immediately signaled the Grandians, asking them to surrender, to which the Grandians signaled back, “Never”, before launching their vessel. The Daring, which was a bit closer, fired a broadside at the Grandian frigate, named RGS Freedom. The broadside mostly missed the Freedom, but some of the balls struck the Freedom and bounced off, much to the surprise of the sailors on board the Daring and Victorious. The HMS Daring then gave chase to the Freedom, at which the Freedom sailed into the canal that led to the lake where the warships that were completed in these shipyards tested their armament.
As the Daring entered the canal after it, the Freedom let loose a sternside at the Daring, which damaged it. The Daring, not knowing about the stern-pointing cannons, had blundered into a trap, while the Freedom fired sternside after sternside at the Daring. Finally, after a few minutes, The Freedom entered Lake Fire, and turned around in order to be able to fire a full broadside at the Daring, which it did, just as the Daring entered the lake. This proved too much for the remaining men of the Daring, and they struck their colors and surrendered. The Daring sank later that day, taking about 25 British with it, who had refused to surrender.
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Ok...
Loss of Round Bay
When Armstrong received news of the sinking of the Daring and the withdrawal of the Victorious, he signed an order reversing the withdrawal and ordering more ships to enforce a naval blockade of the bay, while bringing all possible land forces to assault the yards at once.
As soon as the Daring had sunk, the Freedom sailed back into the canal to help defend Round Bay. A few days later, with the position at the Yards becoming increasingly untenable, and with the British assaults becoming stronger every day, plus the fact that the British ships were due to arrive any moment, the Grandians decided to evacuate the bay, having already raised three of the British ships (the other five were too badly damaged to be worth raising and repairing in such a short time period). They had no sooner loaded all the supplies onto the four vessels than the British finally broke into the yards, having been delayed by the earthwalls, Quaker cannons, booby traps, and dummies surrounding the place. The Grandian ships sailed out just as the British ones came within firing range.
After several days of sailing, the fleet reached the village of Flathead, on one of the Imperial Bay islands, the northernmost Grandian non-native town. Flathead, unsurprisingly considering its topography, had never been taken by the British. There they stayed with the villagers, while deciding what to do next.
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:38 am

Now...

March on Flathead
It wasn’t too long before the British spies located the Grandian camp on Mount Flathead. They brought the news back to Armstrong, who was by this time obsessed with catching Samuel. He immediately ordered every British soldier in the entire country to assemble at Round Bay, from where they would launch their invasion of Flathead.
Meanwhile, the Grandians were also preparing for an attack by the British. They however, as is tradition, stopped all their work for a day to celebrate New Years. After New Year’s Day they continued to fortify their location. They built an octagonal fort, and then erected a low earthwall around the edge of their mesa. They also constructed a fortified pathway that led down to where they had moored their vessels. It was a week after they finished all this, on the 8th of February, 1737, that British ships came into view on the horizon. They were at first afraid that they were heading their direction, but, as it turned out, they were simply off course. They had been bringing more soldiers to help Armstrong finish off the uprising, as they called it. However, two days later, more British ships came, in their direction this time. It was Harold Armstrong at the head of over 10,000 men.
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next