SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics...

+3
Slacker
Kitsune
Jcool663
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Empty The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics...

Post by Jcool663 Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:34 pm

It was announced Friday that the city of Arranossa In the Republic of Palo by the Palo SimOlympics committee (PSO) and will make an official bid for the games to come in August but is more than likely to be making a full bid for the December games and is more than likely going to use the August and October bids to use as a pedestal to overwhelmingly win the December Bid....

The republic of Palo may not be competing in the games due to the lack of interest by the population and will ask the ISOC to permit them to still host the games without haveing to participate in the games...

Laughing Laughing

(Oh and i just wanted to ask if anyone knew a good place to find stadiums because on the simtropolis website i cant get my account going since i still haven't received my email from them.... Evil or Very Mad if anyone could let me know that would be awesome)

Also if Arranosa plans to make a bid it has already chosen its Logo
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Untitled
Tell me what you think...

Looking for a motto.... need to think of one... Very Happy confused Very Happy

Last edited by Jcool663 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:58 am; edited 5 times in total
Jcool663
Jcool663

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-03-01

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Empty Re: The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics...

Post by Kitsune Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:42 pm

Nice logo, from Cape Town 2004. If I remember correctly there motto was Good Hope, but that was from a long time go!
Kitsune
Kitsune

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-02-27

http://www.glidingeagle.com

Back to top Go down

The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Empty Re: The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics...

Post by Slacker Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:52 pm

Looking good, interesting concept of using the August Simlympics as a pedestal for a huge December bid. Watching this bid with anticipation Smile.

Oh and as for stadiums, I'd try to register at Simtropolis again as it's an invaluable resource. SC4Devotion.com is another good site for getting stadiums.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jcool663 Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:56 pm

Thanks for all the support Guys....
Planning on the logo being altered a little before my official announcment of a bid in april or may
Jcool663
Jcool663

Back to top Go down

Post by Jcool663 Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:16 pm

Arranossa's Official Logo is now released and hear it is
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Power

Motto:
Were The World will come to play Very Happy

I hope you all like it... hopefully by april i will have a page up for the bid... if anybody can help me do this let me know by emailing me at jcool663@aol.com
Jcool663
Jcool663

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Looking good with the logo's and as Slacker said I'm eagerly awaiting to see the bid to launcha full bid concept applied. as slacker said SC4Devotion is a pretty good place to find stuff but Simtropolis just simply has the most you may also want to check the Japanese BAT Thread over at SC4D there's been a few Stadiums there as well
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jcool663 Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:15 pm

Can somebody like send me a s/n on simtropolis and a password so i can get onto simtroplois cause i think i wont be able to get the confirmation code from the website Sad which is reallly anoying since i would like to set p the olympic village some time in the next month
Jcool663
Jcool663

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:30 pm

jcool silly uestion but did you check your junk/spam mail folder? cause I think AOL has a tendancy to kick the confirmation email's into that folder
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jcool663 Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:32 pm

yeah i have and like i try to re-send it like 4000 times... its really annoying to know that i may not be able to bid.....
Jcool663
Jcool663

Back to top Go down

Post by Jcool663 Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:41 am

Oh finally today my account on simtroplis is working! Very Happy happy am i
Jcool663
Jcool663

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:58 am

Good to here. Have fun downloading Very Happy.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jcool663 Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:14 am

lolz i need to ask....
but how do i download them onto my game? confused
Jcool663
Jcool663

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:20 am

download(and extract/unzip) them into your plugins folder usually

C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins

or in some cases

C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins

some files come with an installer so it'll do it for you
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn200 Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:42 pm

I love the logo's how do you make logo's like that, I'm assuming Photoshop am I am correct?

dljrfn200

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jcool663 Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:48 am

actually... No .... Paint worked wonders after i copied and passed a few pics.. changed some colors and stuff... its relatively simple..... anyways the logos arent the final ones... i am ganna have a bid myself to decide which one suits the city and its people.. hopefully i will get it done soon enough.. Embarassed Embarassed i am such a noob at this so i need help getting pics and makeing a CJ anybody wanna help?? Question Question Question Question Question Question
Jcool663
Jcool663

Back to top Go down

The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Empty Arrannossa making possiable April bid....

Post by Jcool663 Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:02 am

**UPDATE!!!!**
Headline: Arrannossa making possiable April bid.....

The PSOC presdent announced today that the small Republic of Palo was going to make a semi-Serious bid for April but with NO intention of a bid and making a full Serious bid for the august games.... President Roberto Charrannoka said today at a pres-conference "Arranossa has serious dreams for the 2008 games and would find it a good idea to bid for the April games but make a more serious bid for August to coincide with the International Olympic Games in Beijing..." This came after the announcement that the Olympic park was fully complete and operational and ready for the games...`which was ahead of schedule by 4 months. They are making an exhibition now and not a full bid due to the fact that the Olympic village is still not ready and that the games are not ready... So today Arranossa announced its possiable bid and the Logo For their application into the games... which can be seen in the April bids Section
Jcool663
Jcool663

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:26 am

Interesting...
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Empty Arranossa: The city Of 1,000,000 dreams

Post by Jcool663 Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Well i finally am going to put up some pics of Arranossa Today and A tiny bit of back story from the last 10 Years in Arranossa

Arranossa...Was founded in 1986 and quickly grew into a thriving city with a population of more than 1,000,000. During its Economical strive period between 2017-2040 they were the 3rd highest population city with the best educational system in the region and with the health care in all of Torino. But lately after the previous prime minister stepped down after an affair in which he ordered all planes and borders coming in and out of Arranossa closed.. Since then the city has been declining in its downward spiral stage from 2040-2059 but reciently the new republic order election in 2060 announced the rebirth of the city and the impact on the region...

The Olympic Park And Surrounding Olympic Village- In the Early economic growth period in Arranossa the Olympic park was built around 2035 right before the Pallopinno Party was out of office and the DemoLina party became in control... Recently the park was used in the Torino Commonwealth games with great success with no problems and numerous city's in the region giving their recommendations to the little city that was....

Commuter Lines-

The Olympic park is supported by two Major Lines...

ARU or Arranossa Underground which is the above ground rail to underground tubes that connects to 96% of most of the city and to the Major business district which will commute most residents to and from the events...

The Other is AHR or Arranossa High Speed Rail Which directly connects to the Airport, Business district, Olympic Park, Torrey Yaki Industrial Park, Memorial Park, O$killa Park, To the Oak Ridge Water Center, And to the Abington court district ... This is where the Majority of the Tourists and Athletes will travel to and fro to the games and back to the Airport. Plans have been placed to create a major Terminal in the Olympic Park for the upcoming games... Also during the Games only tourists and athletes will be allowed to take the monorail during the hours of major events.

Now some pics-

The Olympic Park

The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Arranossa-Jun15621205193403

Swimming Center, Valedrome, Indoor Arena
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Arranossa-Aug8621205193671

1.Olympia De Valedrona (Valodrone Stadium)
2.Arranossa Swiming Centa (Swimming Complex)
3. Gymnastico De Arranossa (Indoor Stadium 1)

Omanna Hill District
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Arranossa-Aug19621205193730

4.Omanna Hill Greens (Golf Coarse)
5. Omanna Hill (Mountain Biking Location)

Olympic Stadium
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Arranossa-Jul9621205193497

6.Arranossa De Olympica (Opening And Closing Ceremonies + Track and Field Events)

Well those are all the venues... Please tell me what you think... More pictures of surrounding areas and of the olympic park to come in the coming weeks...

Next Week More Pictures and venues, Pictures of commuter Line, Answers to Questions Very Happy

Thanks To all who read my weekly (and sometimes daily) updates on the city.

and to all who are supporters of Arranossa Thank You. And if you would like to Support Arranossa, all supporters will be welcomed with open arms Very Happy Smile

Remember- One City, One Dream

Last edited by Jcool663 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Jcool663
Jcool663

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:00 am

That's looking pretty good cheers.

I like the area west of the Arranossa De Olymppica, gonna be fun to watch the bid develop.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jcool663 Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:32 am

Yea west fo Arranossa De Olympica is the mountain biking location
Jcool663
Jcool663

Back to top Go down

Post by patfirefghtr Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:33 pm

I will be for sure following here with intrest!!!
patfirefghtr
patfirefghtr

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Empty Arranossa Parks

Post by Jcool663 Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:49 am

I'am Back... Its been a while for me to keep up with school, travel, and this...

So anyways i have some more Pics and info on Arranossa including the current Economic delemia and how the Olympic Park is Going...

ECONOMIC CRISIS!- Recently Arranossa has been in an Economic slump and recession... so stores, business, and the housing market has been in a severe slump... The Cure.... The games is a start but they need relief NOW so it was decided that land that was going to be used for the Olympic rowing are and man-made lake for the rowing and sailing comps was given up after the government repossessed the land in order to create some jobs in the industrial district...So it has been decided that Arranossas sailing and rowing comps will be taking place in the nearby Island of Yelle... Problem is Yelle island takes about 5 hours to travel by car and by boat... so the government has decided to make sure athletes participating in the sports that require oceans and ports to go to the opening ceremony's and 6 days later compete on Yelle Island and then come back for closing ceremonies...

Also to clear up any confusion, AHR is a monorail line and not a railway...

Now for the picks

Arranossa Business District
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Arranossa-Dec23621205193858
The business district is connected to the High Speed Rail line and more information can be found out about the business district by contacting me...

Okanna Memorial Park

The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Arranossa-Jan9631205194145
Its location is across the city and is far from the Olympic park but it is the closest place and meeting grounds for all visitors. also it will be a second place if the soccer stadium is full and if the hotels in the Olympic park are all filled up.

Okilla Park
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... OkillaPark
Okilla Park is the newest part of the Olympic expansion... Its furthest away from the Olympic park but it has a high speed rail line that connects directly connects to the Olympic Park Station Via the AIA Corridor...
1.Okilla Amphitheater (Host to all music during the games...)
2.Okilla Stadium ( Rugby events)
3.Okinna Stadium (Tug of War + Hide-&-Go Seek Competitions)
4.Medal Plaza
5.Okilla Station

Just so you can see the distance of the parks
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Parks

But theres more... Lets go back to Olympic Park to see some more parks for the games

Olympic Baseball Park
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... BaseballStadium-1
Olympia Baseball Park (Softball +Baseball Events)

Olympic Station
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... OlympicStation
Connects to all points that AHR connects to and has a Direct connect line to Arranossa International Airport or AIA
Olympica Stationa ( Music station for Olympic Park

Olympic Torch
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... TheTorch
NOTE: the torch was lit during the commonwealth games... all the parks in the city have a torch to signafy the importance of how far Arranossa has come

Olympic Tennis Court
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Tennis
Located in the Olympic Park (Tennis)

Shooting Range
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Shooting
This will play host to the shooting and archery events.

Medal Plaza
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... MedalPlaza
Located in Okalla Park... This will be the place to be after all events were the medals will be given out to the winning athlete

Arranossa Soccer Stadium
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Arranossa-Aug2621205193639
Sochi De Olympica Is the place to be when soccer is the game....

So that is the Bid book for now...

Logo for the games and full description of the region coming up next week
Very Happy

One City, One Dream

Last edited by Jcool663 on Sat May 03, 2008 10:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Jcool663
Jcool663

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm

Making a CJ is pretty simple either use the ingame screenshot tool or anyother screenshot tool and capture pictures of your cities that you think need to be shown off. then upload them using Photobucket,Imageshack etc... and post them to whichever site you choose I look forward to finding your CJ at SC4D,ST,Simpeg or maybe even here lol missd the whole second page lol

very nice I like the use of some of the venues for the events especially the Shooting venue that's the best use for the stadium by far yet. I look forward to seeing this develope more!
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Empty Arrannossa Logo + Music Arrangments

Post by Jcool663 Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:55 am

Well its been decided..
The Logo for Arranossa was a tough decision to make but here it is...
The Arranossa City Bid Book For The Simlympics... Arranossa
The Motto: Arranossa.... The Future is NOW!

Music Events:
Many Artists have asked in advance to play at the events in Arranossa...
Many of the Arenas and stages in the area have been already filled... Here just a short list

Why?- Because Arranossa is not just a international sport city... Arranossa is an artistic city, Rated number 2 Next to Soho Square in being most populated by artists, musicians and other lines of work in the artistic field... With over 40,000 Independently run clubs ranging from Scremo bars To Rave Clubs All the way to Independent Music Cafes...

Olympic Station: Olympic station has a small field and during the time of the games 2 bands will be playing the station... One before the opening ceremonies the night before and the night of the opening ceremonies 1 band will play... The night before and night of the closing ceremonies will also host a band on The Statico Stage...

The two bands and there days are...
Opening Day- Metro Station, Rize
Closing Day- Puffy Ami Yumi, The Pillows, Ketchup Mania

Okilla Amphitheater: The Okilla Ampithetere will play host to such modern acts of music over the days of the games...
Some bands thats are set to take the stage include
Day One- Paramore, The Ting Tings, Alanis Morisette
Day Two- Oh No! Oh My!, Feist, Romeo & Juliet,The Teddybears, Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Day Three- Operator Please, 311, The Sex Pistols, Coldplay
Day Four- Tegan & Sarah, The Cardigans, Vampire Weekend, The Verve
Day Five- Justin Timberlake, Madonna,T-pain, Souja Boy, Lilly Allen
Day Six- My American Heart, Panic At The Disco, Cobra Starship,Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects,
Day Seven- The Pippettes, The Fratellies, The Klaxons,
Day Eight- Yelle, The Teenagers, New Young Pony Club, The Subways,
Day Nine- Vanna, Hit The Lights, Saosin, She's a Massacre!,
Day Ten- Avril Lavigne, Hannah Montana, Chara, Perfume
Day Eleven-Devo, Justice, Polysics, The Pillows
Day Twelve- Shiny Toy Guns, Yelle, Puffy Ami Yumi, Twighlight Sleep
Day Thirteen- My Bloody Valentine,The Jesus And Mary Chain Band, New Found Glory
Day Fourteen- SilverSun Pickups, Mute Math, Death Cab For Cutie

Arranossa De Olympica- Headlining the Olympic Stadium will be the country's Own Sunset Silhouette and also a suprise singer that has been under strick secret of who he/she will be. Also on the Closing night Slacker will be asked that the ISC decide on a band that may perform at the closing ceremony, that is arranossas little gift to the ISC for letting Arranossa host a teriffic games Wink

Memorial Park-
Will play host to many local artists instead of Okilla parks where most will be internationally acclaimed bands. This will also Be the Opening of Memorial Park as continueing the trend in Arranossa By opening up what will be known as the Arts District in Arranossa... which will open 3 days before the official opening of arranossa to the games...

This Trend in bringing people of all ages accustom to all types of genres and art... Arranossa would like to create not just a sporting statement by hosting the games, but a artistic statement by saying "this is where its at"

Now for some Olympic stuff...

Torch runners and Culdron Lighters...- The runners of the games have already been chosen if Arranossa does win... Also the Torch Ligters have also been decided upon... This year there will not be just one Olympic Torch... There Will be 4. One for Olympic Park, One For Okilla Park, One For Downtown Square, One For Memorial Park, And finally One for AIA. Many may think that haveing many lighters is extremely tacky and is unessesary, but they are incorrect. Having numerous Torches will signify the 4 seasons of the year and they will also signify all the parks as united and as one... This also hides the Identiy of the true Olympic Torch Lighter a secret... Laughing Laughing haha i am sneaky....

And Finally
Arranossa Withdraws its Support for St.Helena and says "THE RACE IS ON!!"- Yup i was swaying back and forth decide if we were still ganna support. but since Arranossa seems to be the only city with any aspiration to Host... Arranossa is now ganna withdraw and say "The Race Is On! Best City WINS!"

Last edited by Jcool663 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:53 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated Music List)
Jcool663
Jcool663

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:06 am

well then Bring it on and I look forward to this nation's games if they happen Music is a tie that bonds all athletes/races and sexes so good choice one critisim that logo is nowhere nearly as good as the first couple.
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next