SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD

+4
Qorten
emperordaniel
K50
8 posters

Go down

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD Empty OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD

Post by K50 Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:03 am

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU SEE THE CEREMONY/WHILE IT IS LOADING...

I hope you appreciate my effort into this. I'm nowhere close to the best photoshopper or have nothing near the best city journal in the world, all I hope is that you enjoy this simple ceremony.

These games could not have been made possible without my supporters. Each person who comments on my work has got me this far, and I really mean that. A few people, some who may not have even seen my work, others commenting on it for ages, deserve a massive thank-you. I'd like to present them to you now.

Erwin Negentig (ErwinNegentig) - best known for making tutorials on parts of SimCity we find basic, but I found him most admirable for his elaborate cities. He was responsible for making me dust off the old SimCity box and discovering the glory of the NAM and Simtropolis, something that has kept the game alive. Unfortunately, he is only found on YouTube, a place where his work isn't as seen as it could be.

Craig Fay (CraigKingOfIreland) - responsible for introducing me to Simsports and the Simlympics, as well as unions. I first found his work a while before he hosted one of the greatest Simlympics of our time, in one of the greatest city journals of our time, Paranor Island. Simsports has known him for the last few years as an ISC member.

Daniel Alarcón (TekindusT) - responsible for introducing me to city journaling in 2009. If you haven't seen his work, you will notice quite quickly that he does something more than build a city, he builds a culture and tells a story, something that captivated many people, especially me. Today, he has the dirtiest city journal there ever was (a compliment if you know what I am talking about). Simsports might know him as a host of an ISC session earlier this year.

Peter Reyes (Peter) - responsible for presenting to all of us what will probably be the greatest SimCity event to be seen, and probably the only one to win a Trixie on it's own, without any other help. I wish he was still here to see this ceremony, which is a weak cry to his, and to bring his positive attitude back. I doubt there is a member of Simsports, new or old, that hasn't heard his name at least once.

Marshall B. (_marsh_) - responsible for revolutionizing SimCity even more than the NAM did with his city journals, the most famous one being Gansbaai. Marsh was such an influence during my time with him, which was a pretty long one; he has been in every union I have been, and always will be, as USNW is my final union. Anybody who talks to him is took in by his creativity, wit, and inspiration.
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD Empty Re: OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD

Post by K50 Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:04 am

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD Ca532540

Soundtrack for the Opening Ceremony Artistic Segment: "The Other Side" by Bruno Mars (with Cee Lo Green and B.o.B)

Anita: Hello ladies and gentlemen to the show nine years in the making, the opening ceremonies of the fifteenth summer Simlympic games, coming from a proud New Chandler nation. I am Anita Calatrava, with me is my co-anchor for the NCNews at 6:00, Kirk Pedula.
Kirk: We are live here against the picturesque setting sun of New Chandler City. Once a native outpost on the Warner Savanna, it's location has turned it into a world city, the biggest on Adonia. Always dreaming about coming into the international picture, we are now moments away from the beginning of an event that will change this city again.
Anita: Now, catchy upbeat music performed by Bruno Mars, Cee Lo Green, and B.o.B, three of some of the most popular male artists in the nation, amplify the brand-new stadium, and fireworks rock the darkening city sky as our ceremonies begin!
OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 0dd203ad

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 23f7cef6

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 48a5ac00

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 745a198b

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD F3273466

Kirk: The lights die down, and colorful figures emerge out of the stadium...
Anita: It's a tale of the history of New Chandler, portrayed by people lit by blacklights.
OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD D67ca74e

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 4b552d9c

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD F8e2331a

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 20b7b2e2

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 7d0ebc95

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 9e6483c2

Anita: Now, pictures of New Chandler's landscapes are being shown on the floor, and pictures of New Chandler's past glimpses are being shown on other screens.
Kirk: We are first shown with a picture of the Cameron National Forest, and others of Torreon Crater Lake (entry 14), the Doherty Jungle at night (entry 20), and Lake Martinazzi (entry 33) are displayed.
OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 68edb510

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD Cee8705e

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 160c0974

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 9116c9e7

Anita: We're now exploring ocean landscapes of New Chandler. We begin with the Perlazan Seaside (entry 21), Come Island (entry 23), and Twilight City (entry 38). A palm-shaped firework explodes above the stadium.
OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 7224e55d

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD B8a7d1bc

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 171c8df1

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD Ncup38pic9

Carlos: Finally, we experience something we're all familiar with; an urban jungle. A picture of La Brea (entry 2), Kensington (entry 18), Regal District (entry 26), and Rockaway (entry 32) are shown as fireworks shoot into the skies.
OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD A12f7335

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 963773db

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 6fa7935e

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 2206d47b

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD Be4b6bef
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD Empty Re: OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD

Kirk: The stadium is now rising, just like the Olympic Flag is about to!
Anita: The flag is being brought in by famous athlete's from New Chandler's past. As the Hymm starts to play, the flag is hoisted up!

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 002daa82

Kirk: Now, it's the moment we have all been anticipating, and the cheering crowd looks like they know what it is!
Anita: It could only be the Parade of Nations! It's kicked off by Wales, as always, and ends with New Chandler!
OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD F4823765

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD Xvocparadeofnations

Anita: Now, Pedro McAllister, an official who will be seen in the rugby matches, takes the oath for the other referees.
OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 9e53eb39

Kirk: To take the oath for the athletes is Gordon Javes, a scholar at the University of Rockaway Law School who is also one of the best triathletes the country has seen.
OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD E832cd09

Anita: And now, with everybody inside and the official business finished, Rory Douglas takes the floor to open the games!
OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD C294e569

Thank You New Chandler City!
It's my pleasure to be here tonight with you all, I welcome you to this wonderful city and the
beautiful nation of New Chandler. I am here to open the Games of the 15th
Simlympiad.

I must start by saying thank you to the
organizing committee of these games for
putting on just a remarkable show tonight. We've seen breath-taking fireworks,
Some great displays of culture, wonderful performances and some spectacular
music and I'm sure you will all agree with me when I say it's been an enjoyable
and fantastically appropriate way of starting off what promises to be a
memorable two weeks.

The world's greatest sports men and women have
gathered here, many thousands of them stand below me in this very stadium, to
compete not just for themselves, not just for their country, not just for their
love of their chosen discipline, but for the Simlympic dream. The dream that
together through sport can build a better world. It is a dream that starts in a
young child playing or competing in their head and it grows as they grow up and
become the athletes we see today. I look forward to the breathtaking
performances that are ahead of us for the next two weeks and will be on the
edge of my seat as I am sure you all will be too.

And with that, I can hereby declare open the
games of the XV Simlympiad, in October of 2011, hosted by New Chandler City, New
Chandler!

Last edited by K50 Dude on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Kirk: Taking the center stage now is Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera!

Anita: Now to sing for the crowd is Foster the People!

Kirk: Entering the stadium now is the legendary football player, Oscar D'egiralamo Jr., father of Oscar D'egiralamo III and grandfather of London D'egiralamo, a popular coach and current starter for the national team, respectively. Oscar took the National Team of the newly-united New Chandler to great heights in the 1950's, and will take the honor of lighting the cauldron tonight.
Anita: Oscar puts the torch into the cauldron, and it erupts into a glowing flame!

Kirk: Fireworks as loud as bombs vibrate the city now, a message literally written in the stars.
Anita: For all of us in New Chandler, we thank you for watching, and we hope you enjoy the firework show. For Kirk Pedula, I am Anita Calatrava of NC News Channel 2.
Kirk: See you tomorrow, good night!

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 489cf134

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD Dc972049

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD C0e8a58f

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 01b3dd71

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD C587da64

OPENING CEREMONY OF THE XV SIMLYMPIAD 66190d68
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by 111222333444 Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:32 am

Countdown Video!

Last edited by 111222333444 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Countdown Video!)
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:41 am

Great opening ceremony K50! Smile
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2011-01-10
Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

Post by Qorten Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:49 am

Beautiful ceremony, K50, despite your so-called minor photoshopping abilities!

Qorten

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by TekindusT Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:59 am

You get a massive applause from me, let the games begin!

BTW, I've been thrilled when I've seen my name among some true SC4 masters... Such a great honour for me!
TekindusT
TekindusT
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:06 am

*Applauds* Fantastic K50! I know this will be a great simylmpics in New Chandler! Very Happy
Wacky32
Wacky32

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2010-01-12

http://sibf.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pongsatorn2540 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:37 am

Not Bad,Very Good.
Pongsatorn2540
Pongsatorn2540

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-05-15

https://sites.google.com/site/thailandsimsport/

Back to top Go down

Post by knarfmo Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Wonderful opening to the games, K50. Good job!
knarfmo
knarfmo
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down