SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks

+23
2b2gbi
Bruce
i_love_lamp
Blakeway
Wacky32
Cyclone1001
ironicepitome
CarmineHilton
Aranho
simsamerica
alan_vzla
adam
Monegasque
TylerD30
Neil
OllyRogers
Slacker
Matt
dljrfn2000
Peter
canuck3360
cormiermax
Joe 90
27 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 Empty Re: BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks

Post by Joe 90 Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:42 pm

How's this?

BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 Wikiseal

BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 Wikiflag
Joe 90
Joe 90
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2334
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 Empty Re: BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks

Post by Bruce Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Yes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Just one little problem...can you upload a flag without a border?

EDIT: Also, can you make it 800px wide?
Bruce
Bruce

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:28 am

Sorry I can't be real specific, but could you make me a coat of arms using the colors on my flag (and possibly pastel yellow), with the puffin and possibly some way of showing it's an island. My country is a republic and has 3 major regions so maybe three stars somewhere too. Again sorry I can't be more specific, I can't come up with anything.

Here is my flag for color and puffin reference

EDIT: Like Slovenia's except no mountains just a hilly island and a have the Puffin as the shape with the other stuff on it would be awesome.

Thanks,
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 90 Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:03 pm

How's this?

BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 Insuloarms
Joe 90
Joe 90
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 90 Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:53 pm

Bruce here teaches classical philosophy, Bruce there teaches Haegelian philosophy, and Bruce here teaches logical positivism. And is also in charge of the sheep dip.

BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 Wikiflag800.th
Joe 90
Joe 90
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:08 am

Think you can make soccer jerseys, for Linktoria and Cincinnati's national teams?

Linktoria- Red jerseys and Blue pants with a cardinal and on top right and Nike on top left, and yellow stars in the middle and says Linktoria across it

Cincinnati- White with Red stripes and Black pants, with the flag on the top left and adidas on top left, and says Cincinnati across.
Wacky32
Wacky32

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2010-01-12

http://sibf.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:07 am

Wacky32 wrote:Think you can make soccer jerseys, for Linktoria and Cincinnati's national teams?

Linktoria- Red jerseys and Blue pants with a cardinal and on top right and Nike on top left, and yellow stars in the middle and says Linktoria across it

Cincinnati- White with Red stripes and Black pants, with the flag on the top left and adidas on top left, and says Cincinnati across.
Didn't you already have Devine Athletics make one for you? Or was that the DPL team?
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:24 am

That was DPL Smile
Wacky32
Wacky32

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:52 am

Joe 90 wrote:How's this?

BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 Insuloarms
Thanks, it looks great! One question though what does the motto on the banner say?
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:04 am

Thanks Joe!
Bruce
Bruce

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 90 Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:13 am

2b2gbi wrote:Thanks, it looks great! One question though what does the motto on the banner say?
The online translator told me "Solvo Terra" means "Free Land".
Fraterculus means "little brothers" in latin (Fratercula sp. is also the scientific name for the puffin).
Put it all together and it means "Free Land, Little Brothers" Smile (or "Free Land of the Puffins" - depends on who you ask Wink )
Joe 90
Joe 90
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:44 pm

I'm not familiar with Latin, but if it follows the same pattern as Spanish it should be Terra Solvo (maybe solva). But it 's not that big of a deal, thanks for the awesome coat of arms Joe. Now if only my pc wasn't in the shop (I'm really hoping the hard drive is ok for my sc4 and 5 gb of plugins) I'd dowload it and update some my nations stuff.
Thanks again,
Jon
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 90 Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

It may well be that way around - online translators aren't the most accurate! Razz

Wacky: Show me a national shirt with *anything* written across the front and I'll put them in. I haven't got Cincinatti's flag either, but you can probably put that in.

BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 Linktoria BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 Cincinatti
Joe 90
Joe 90
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:12 am

Ok thanks! Very Happy

EDIT: Cincys flag:
BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 Usohci
Wacky32
Wacky32

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

I realize it's the SimLympics very soon, so there's no hurry, but I would like if it's possible for you to improve my coat of arms. Here is some background info to help you out, plus som ideas.

I am a monarchy located in the North Pacific Ocean, about 390 km north of Hawaii. Our modern history goes back about 440 years, to the late 16th century. Most of the people are of Native Hawaiian or English descent (NOT British- they fought them). I woud like somewhere 8 yellow stars for the 8 provinces, 1 red star for the 1 autonomous province, 1 blue star for the 1 royal province, and 1 black star for the 1 Spanish province. Also note that all the stars should be 8-pointed. I would also like this motto: Dei Gratia Rex Imperator Grandensis Et Belluterrensis. Also, it's ok if you pu a second crown on the coat of arms. Other than that, FREE LICENCE!! farao

Please don't change the core section too much, however, because this core pattern (minus the swords) is also on my flag. Thanks! Here is the core.
BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 CoatofArmsoftheRepublicanKingdomofGrandBelluterrahires
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2011-01-10
Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:10 am

Btw ,afterwards, if it's not too much trouble, can you design my naval jack, army flag, and air force roundel and flag? I will descibe basically what I want so that you can improve on it.

Naval Flag: Somewhere on the flag a full-color (Spanish?) galleon flying the English (NOT British) Flag defaced (vexillogically speaking) with the flag below in the upper right corner (The pictured ship was the first ship of the Grandian Navy)
Army Flag: I dunno. I guess it's free licence.
Air Force Roundel and Flag: For the roundel, how about white in the center, red in the second ring, and blue in the outer ring? And for the flag, how about lions holding the roundel on a green background?

Of course, these are all only suggestions. Perhaps you can think of something better. Oh, and btw, below is my national flag. PM me if you want a higher resolution.

BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 SecondFlagoftheRepublicanKingdomofGrandBelluterralowres

EDIT: Here is the flag that I was talking about in the Naval Flag section

BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 FirstFlagoftheKingdomofGrand

Last edited by emperordaniel on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 90 Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:33 am

A couple of questions:
1) Your 'core pattern' basically is a coat of arms, so when you say I have free licence to change it, yet I can't change it, what exactly do you want?
2) Technicolour stars are a disaster waiting to happen. It would look a million times better to have 11 stars in the same colour (say, gold) and say they represent all 11 provinces.
3) I'm going to keep going on about the 'republican kingdom' thing because its a giant oxymoron Wink
Joe 90
Joe 90
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:28 pm

A couple of questions:
1) Your 'core pattern' basically is a coat of arms, so when you say I have free licence to change it, yet I can't change it, what exactly do you want?
2) Technicolour stars are a disaster waiting to happen. It would look a million times better to have 11 stars in the same colour (say, gold) and say they represent all 11 provinces.
3) I'm going to keep going on about the 'republican kingdom' thing because its a giant oxymoron Wink

Answers to your questions:

1) What I meant is, could you please make it look more official, like those other coats of arms that you designed? Like with borders, flags, banners, stuff like that? (I saw everything on your BIG RAT emporium)
2) Ok, fine, 11 stars, in the same color, (say, gold Very Happy ) that's perfectly fine with me if it will work better.
3) Ok, ok, I've got it. Just wanted the name to be unusual but official-sounding Laughing king
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 90 Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:43 pm

So something like this then?

BIG RAT Sporting Goods Emporium & Flagworks - Page 10 Grandbelluterra

emperordaniel wrote:3) Ok, ok, I've got it. Just wanted the name to be unusual but official-sounding Laughing king
A lot of people do, its just you crossed the border between "unusual" and "impossible" Smile
My country is a constitutional monarchy (which I think is what you really have), and is simply known as the "Kingdom of Æscgeard." Doesn't need anything else. king
Joe 90
Joe 90
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:02 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!! JOE 90, IT'S JUST INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! IT'S FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy king king king king king

P.S. I have a constitution, but it basically gives the King absolute power. What would you call that?
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 90 Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Glad you like it Smile

If the king is still bound by the constitution (ie the king can't abolish the constitution and must abide by it), its constitutional monarchy.
If he can do what he likes regardless of what the constitution says, its absolute monarchy.
Joe 90
Joe 90
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Ummm, well the king can abolish the constitution, but only in a real emergency, sucha as a revolt or rebellion, otherwise, he is bound to abide to the constitution. So is that a constitutional or absolute monarchy?
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Birchbark Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Dear Joe 90,
Would u be so kind to make me a flag & coat of arms? I understand u are busy ( its the SimOlympics Basketball )
I am a democratic republic. My people are mostly from France & America. My country is in the Great Lakes/New England region of North America. My national symbol is the cresent moon. For my coat of arms my motto: Feel it, believe it, dream it, be it. Thanks! Smile

Last edited by Birchbark on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Birchbark
Birchbark

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bess Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:35 am

Joe 90, could you design my COA? Here's what I would like:

A shield, square at the top and pointed at the bottom, divided into four quarters. In the upper left quarter, a single mountain with a blue background, in the upper right quarter, a red rose on a white background, in the lower right quarter, the sun on a red background, and in the lower left quarter, a snowflake on a dark green background. On top of the shield stand two creatures, preferably non-cartoonish crabs, but if not, cartoonish crabs are fine. If you can't do that, then two spiders are fine. The two crabs (or spiders) are holding up with their claws (or front legs) a platform on which rests a magnificent crown. Sticking out from the left side of the shield is an eagle, only the head and half of the body are visible. The eagle holds an arrow in his beak, and has a spread-out wing. On the opposite side of the shield, and in roughly the same position, is a dove, with an olive branch in his beak. Suspended from the only visible claw of the eagle, and the only visible claw of the dove, there hangs a banner, on which is this motto: Aut Imperator aut Nilhil. Thanks!

PS: If you can't find a suitable mountain for the Coat of arms, check the COA of the city of Sochi, in Russia. Or perhaps, the coat of arms of Slovakia.

Last edited by Bess on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Bess
Bess

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 90 Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:41 am

As you might or might not have noticed, I've been a wee bit busy of late and haven't gotten around to fulfilling all your requests Sad
But rest assured, I will do them all... eventually! Smile
Joe 90
Joe 90
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum