SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delkon Forrest

3 posters

Go down

Delkon Forrest Empty Delkon Forrest

Post by dljrfn2000 Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:38 am

The time has come for me to start this CJ

BREAKING NEWS OUT OF THE DELKON FORREST
[mg]https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/13/11/26/78/28352810.jpg[/img]

We are sad to announce at this time 4:13PM local time that there has been some sort of large explosion to our north here in the vacinity of the Coca Cola Convention Center our street camera in the area is currently blacked out but we can from our vantige point see a large ploom of black smoke billowing over in the area of the Coca Cola Convention Center

Delkon Forrest Utopia41

The convention center is home to many activities through the year and is seen as a cultural importance to the city. The area also houses the Paranor Island Embasy and the Bushnell Thearter. Our currently unfinished building that will house us here at Channel 3. We now go to live feed of the area

oh at this time we have no picture's but let's go to Norman Kelly at the scene with the mobile news van reporting in from the scene Norman what is the scene like down there?

N: Its very comperable to the scene after 9/11 in New York City! A lot of confusion and terror, tons of people are running around with injuries and you can't see around the area at all.

Can anyone tell at this time what happened have you heard from anyone?

N: It's complete chachos down here we are hearing initial reports of a truck bomb but nothing else at this time

Some members here in the studio are wondering if the Paranor embasy may have been a target can you see if it is standing?

N: From my vantage point it appears that the Embasy was completly destroyed along with the parking structure next to it.

How about other structures in the area?

N: I need to just move to the right here a bit to get a better look at the Convention center... oh wow it is fully engulfed inflames and debris cover the street here. The trees around are shattered splinters of wood are all over the street to the side here burning. We are actully behind the new TV Station which is not on fire but suffered structual damage

Are there rescue personel on scene

N:I see most of Delkon Forrest fire trucks and ambulance co's here and police have allready set up a premiter around the area and are working to get the fires out we are sure that are not only at the Convention Center.

We are now getting word that President Fischer is calling a press conference at the USA White House where he is in a meeting with President Bush and President Elect Obama. We now go to USNSE Press Secretary Alvin White

Delkon Forrest 20030710

President Michel Fischer of the United States of New Sim England has offered a statement to all Delkon Forrest residents to please return to there homes at this time and be with there families in this dark hour of USNSE history. He suspects that millitant groups related to the current Monarchy in Paranor are responsible for the attack. All USNSE Military units are to report to there bases imediatly and set Defcon 3 level, a no fly zone has been set up over the entire country all planes are to land imediatly and all public transprotation will be haulted as a percausion.

Early estimates in from the Police on scene there was minimal staff in the Coca Cola Convention Center at the time of the blast. The death toll is expected to be about 500 people and thousands more injured at this time.
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Delkon Forrest Empty Re: Delkon Forrest

Post by Peter Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:47 am

wow. someone must really hate paranor island. these terrorist attacks are very serious.

We Petrovars express our grief over the attacks. Petrova sends a medical team as well as a donation of 3 million dollars. Hope we can help.

P.S: i think the 9/11 is over doing it a tad bit, its a convention center, not two towers, but nonetheless, its still a terrorist attack and must be dealt with.
Peter
Peter
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1386
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://sites.google.com/site/chihiropetrova/

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:04 am

Petrovan Ambassador wrote:wow. someone must really hate paranor island. these terrorist attacks are very serious.

We Petrovars express our grief over the attacks. Petrova sends a medical team as well as a donation of 3 million dollars. Hope we can help.

P.S: i think the 9/11 is over doing it a tad bit, its a convention center, not two towers, but nonetheless, its still a terrorist attack and must be dealt with.

No I like Paranor Island very much, I just thought it'd be a good way to tie into my CJ and start it off. It also gives it a real world connection as two countries actully communicate its not just our own country is our own world. (needless to say on that thought I am ecstatic for Cities XL)

The 9/11 tie in is not the number of people killed its the scene of pure panic (I suppose the OK city bombings also would have been suficent) but I kept remembering the scene of the car's on the street in New York the street filled with Dust and debris and being unable to see above like 10 feet high. That type of thing going on, cuz this is right in a major center of town where most people would be getting on the highway just durring rush hour, there are also many small business's to the north of this that were destroyed and that's where the death toll was concentrated.
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:35 am

Investigation into the Delkon Forrest Bombings\

Initial reports show that there were two simultaneous explosions

1. The first was in the north of the Convention Center (if looking at the picture the intersection in the top left) and was the larger of the two explosions this caused the most structural damage and life loss

2. The second explosion came from the parking structure next door to the Paranor Embassy and was aimed directly at the Embassy building

The Convention Center finally gave way at 3 AM This morning local time after burning for several hours (this of course unlike with 9/11) was a fought fire which aloud it to burn for nearly 10 hours.

Estimated 25-30 people were killed at the bus station waiting to go on there way home from work as mentioned the time was in Rush Hour Traffic

Up to 100 People were killed instantly and another 50 or so after the fact who were in there cars

around 35 people were killed constructing the new TV station when it received structural damage from the blast

All 153 workers in the Paranor Embassy were killed, 57 were Paranor citizens

2 were killed in the Delkon National Courthouse (the building that you can see a part of on the right of the screen

14 were killed in the convention center

At minimum 85 were killed in the shops to the north, over 100 still remain missing at this time

The Bushnell Theater was empty at the time of the blast but 24 stage hand workers were working on the stage at the time of the blast 2 were killed when the shock wave broke scaffolding they were on. The 200 year old hall has received right now unrepairable structural damage a second evaluation will begin tomorrow.

336 Total dead
57 Paranor Residents
277 USNSE Residents

Estimate 334 People killed

This estimate is to rise or fall within the coming days

St. Thomas' s National Hospital reported excellent dealing with the disaster relief and over 100 injured were saved and expected to live with little to no physical limitation. Most in part to the hospital's close proximity to the blast site. The Delkon Forrest Police Department reports no casualties within the department and applauds the people of Delkon Forrest for cooperating with there members yesterday

The Delkon Forrest Fire Department reports minor injuries and burns to some of there members but no major injuries or death's reported.

President Fischer...

left Washington this morning with a care package in hand from President Bush and President Elect Obama of Neighboring USA. He made a short speech before getting on his plane at Edwards Air force Base.

"This is surely a sad day for the people of the world and I take partial responsibility for this in my comments to the press about Paranor Islands ruling class. But I will not stray from my path that all rules that oppress the peoples right to rule must be treated as enemies of freedom. King Donail I challenge you to help bring the people responsible to justice and return the rule to the people of Paranor. The USNSE was founded during a time of war when we felt things were going to collapse within the USA. It is with war that countries show there best and bravest and there most evil qualities and I hope that you will help return peace to the nations of the Sim World.
Speaking of the bravest I'd like to extend my congratulations to those in the city of Delkon Forrest, a city I hold close to my heart. Those who helped, those of the rescue force that helped make this horrible attack even more devastating. I'd like to extend a congratulations to those in the Military who's swift actions help prevent further attack when our country was at its weakest. I'd like to thank the Nation of Petrova for there support and the Nation of the United States for there support and all the support to come. Your help is a god send in this hard time. I would like to finally extend my condolences to the families of those killed or still missing in Delkon Forrest. May those missing be brought home safe and sound and may those who have passed not die in vain. I have always been told everything happens for a reason and we will make sure that those responsible are brought to justice."

Stocks

The Stock Market in Boston and Delkon Forrest Crashed miserably today in the aftermath of the attacks. Stocks in the United States also suffered greatly with a member of there largest trading having such a drop. President Elect Obama and President Bush met again today with economic leaders in the US and in the USNSE trying to help recover the stock drops in the last two days from becoming even worse. Stocks are set to close today at equally low numbers about 700 points down.
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:18 pm

News for November 14th 2008

Top Story:

President Fischer announced a major victory for Democracy around the world as the end of the Paranor strife has ended peacefully for a transition from monarchy to a republic. He offered that tomorrow at 5 PM a moment of silence be held for the victims of all bombings in both Paranor and Delkon Forrest that led to this victory for Democracy. He has offered a full support of the new Prime Minister.

Stocks:

Skyrocketed with the news of from Paranor and a promise of lesser violence. The USA also saw major stock increases.

Delkon Forrest Bombings Investigation:

No further findings on the blast were released today. The Bushnell theater unfortunately is damaged beyond repair and will be rebuilt on the same spot.
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:14 am

News for 11/25

The Delkon Forrest Chamber of Commerce has announced the schedule for Thanksgiving weekend

7:00AM: Moment of silence for victims of 11/12 Terrorist attack
21 Gun Salute from Delkon Forrest Bay by 3 Cruisers
NES Connecticut
NES Springfield
NES Delkon Forrest

7:05AM: Kick off to the Thanksgiving day parade
GM: Laura Fiscer (USNSE President Michale Fiscer's Daughter)

College Bands:
Delkon Forrest University
Kingsport University
University of Rhode Island
Providence University
University of Massachusetts
University of Connecticut
Boston University
Boston College

High School Bands:
Delkon Forrest North High School
Delkon Forrest South High School
Farmington High School
Kingsport High School
Cranston East High School
Cranston West High School
Providence North High School
Providence South High School

Corps:
7th Regiment New Haven CT
Boston Crusaders
Delkon Forrest VFW Drum&Fife Corp
Delkon Forrest Navy Drum Corps
Delkon Forrest Navy Drum&Fife Corp
Delkon Forrest Christian Society Drum Corp

Floats: (Organization that runs it)
Coca Cola
Delkon Forrest Chamber of Commerce
USNSE Navy
USNSE Army
USNSE Air Force
USNSE National Guard
USNSE Coast Guard
Petty Textiles
St. Thomas Hospital
Delkon Forrest University
Kingsport University
Delkon Forrest South High School
Delkon Forrest North High School
Atlantic Shipping Co.
JAL
British Airways

Persons of interest:
The Band: Boston
New England Patriots QB Tom Brady
UConn Head Womens Basketball Coach: Gino Auriema
National Tennis Champion: Steph Pelton
Mayor of Delkon Forrest: Tomaso Delkon
Mayor of Kingsport: Jen Frazon
Santa

12:00 PM
Kick off for the annual Civil War Rivalry Game Delkon Forrest North High School v. Delkon Forrest South High School at Red Dog Stadium

3:00 PM
Simlympic Torch runs through Delkon Forrest

Friday November 28th 2009
11:00 AM
Green Flag for the USNSE Grand Prix
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:19 pm

The Simlympic torch runs through Delkon Forrest as part of Thanksgiving day celebrations

Delkon Forrest Utopia43
recap of today's events to come tommorow
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Delkon Forrest Empty its become more trouble than its worth

Post by dljrfn2000 Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:41 am

After the update about the Thanksgiving Festivities the USNSE and the Delkon Forrest will be destroyed and work on Perthshire will begin. The DKF admirals will remain intact until the end of the season and the USNSE will compete in the December Simlympics. The Coca Cola Racing team will remain until the season is over for Sim Grand Prix. But At the end of the STHL & Sim Grand Prix seasons and the December Simlympics the USNSE and Delkon Forrest will be no longer. Its been a lot of fun building this region since early June but it's time to move on from a loosely planned city to a cultural mecca and a true fantasy land of Perthshire.

Update to come within the hour or so from the Delkon Forrest Thanksgiving Festivities
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Delkon Forrest Empty The final update

Post by dljrfn2000 Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:13 am

Thanksgiving Day Festivities

The Civil War Game

Delkon Forrest North High School vs. Delkon Forrest South High School

The Rivalry game between Delkon Forrest North and South High Schools takes place yearly on thanksgiving in Red Hill Stadium and usually sells out before each football season begins!

The Delkon Forrest North High School Tomahawks are 4-5 on the season and are 4th place in the Delkon Forrest Bay Conference and were knocked out of the state playoffs with there loss to the Kingsport High Longshoremen 2 weeks ago.

The Delkon Forrest South High School Midshipmen are 9-0 and lock home field advantage with a win over there cross town rivals.

The game is odd this year because Delkon Forrest South is the heavy favorite. As the smaller of the two schools it's weird to see Delkon Forrest South favored over Delkon Forrest North

The tickets are sold 50%-50% between the two schools to maintain a neutral field so no team will have a home field advantage despite the fact that Red Hill Stadium is in the South District.

Delkon Forrest Utopia44

The stadium filled early with people tailgating and now the final score of the game

Delkon Forrest North: 34
Delkon Forrest South: 54

The game was a tight fought battle but Delkon Forrest South had an advantage from the start they gained home field advantage for the Rhode Island State Playoff’s

Coca Cola Thanksgiving Day Parade:

The parade which began in 1973 was a small parade for Delkon Forrest residents to celebrate thanksgiving but since has grown into the premier Thanksgiving Day parade in the USNSE

The Parade Stages in a small business section of North East Downtown Delkon Forrest increasingly important this year after the November 12th terrorist attacks when North East Downtown Delkon Forrest was damaged. Thankfully the buildings shown here were far enough away from the blast center to be spared.

Delkon Forrest Utopia45

The Parade continues down North Ave. and past Delkon Forrest Train Station. It will then take a left down Star Ave. (The street higher up from the star building)

Delkon Forrest Utopia51

Then it follows down Star Ave. (You can see part of the label on the street)

Delkon Forrest Utopia52

When it gets to the corner of Star Ave. and Coca Cola St. (to the right of the coca cola building) the parade will take a right and then its first left onto Main Street.

Delkon Forrest Utopia53

The parade will then go down to Bushnell Ave. and turn left at South Church before going to a final end at Channel 3 studios

Delkon Forrest Utopia54
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:59 pm

At roughly 6 o'clock PM local time the USNSE and Delkon Forrest/Kingsport was destroyed forever as the region and all the plugins were deliberately deleted from my computer. I have to admit a part of me is crying inside at the loss of this region and particularly this city but it is time to move on to bigger and better things in Perthshire. I spent a good hour or so downloading a fair number of Pegasus shipping items and have begun preliminary construction on the massive shipyard that is to hold in southern Perthshire. The city is going to be built on the shore and in the shaddow of mountains. I'm looking to build a city that is heavy in STEX files and creates a realistic feel. Look for the first pictures to be up in January of Perthshire while I continue my preview history during the month of December. So its with a heavy heart I salute Delkon Forrest and the USNSE which will fold completely at the end of the STHL, Simlympic and Sim Grand Prix seasons it was fun why it lasted the region being built over 5 months and roughly 135 Sim Years played in the city of Delkon Forrest.

-Dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Shame so I guess USNSE's berth in the WHC finals will be one of the last events for USNSE
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:29 pm

It's a bittersweet day for me to be honest.

I got a lot of work done today on Perthshire I might actuly have it up New Years day... but at the same time the USNSE had it's final day in existence being replaced by Perthshire in the Simlympics. USNSE went out in style winning Bronze in Field Hockey and Silver in the Marathon. Its strange but I feel sad, even though it was just some made up thing I had worked on the Delkon Forrest region for over half of 2008 and now as it ends so dose the cities existence. Perthshire unlike the USNSE is well in the works and I've been working on it for one day. I guess it just came with practice, so I say on this last Monday of 2008 congrats to Philly Boy and an amazing Simlympics, congrats to the USNSE for making me proud in her closing days.

In all the USNSE won 9 Simlympic Meddles in her short span, Runner up in the WHC finals and in her existence the Admiral's were quite a force in the STHL.

-Dljrfn2000

I welcome now to the Stage my best region Perthshire- The Land of the Golden Pheonix
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down