SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad)

+10
Emperor Stormont
dizflip
canuck3360
Peter
ellis896
dljrfn2000
CraigKingOfIreland
LeLeOne
Slacker
mitsos
14 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad) Empty PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad)

Post by mitsos Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:56 am

This is a new topic where you can see all the news, the action and the preparations of the host city for the seventh simolympic games.
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad) Empty Re: PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad)

Post by Slacker Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:37 am

Sweet, cannot wait Very Happy
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad) Empty Re: PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad)

Post by LeLeOne Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:59 am

That's really a nice idea to show us what's going on in Penthesili Smile
can't wait to see some pix
LeLeOne
LeLeOne

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:02 am

Hopefully you gonna see them at the end of the week due to some computer issues. I am really pissed with my computer. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by mitsos on Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:44 am

Watch the action of the seventh Simlympic games. The national broadcaster stations arePENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad) Ndc110

PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad) Ndc210

PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad) Ndc310

PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad) Ndcspo10
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:57 am

Simlympics in numbers

7 million tickets have been sold already

2.5 million Visitors are expected in the city

700,000 applications from volunteers

91,000 is the capacity of the Olympic stadium

60,000 policemen will guard the venues and the city

5 warships will guard the sea around the city

45 helicopters will be watching from above

3500 cameras will be watching for safety reasons

45.2 $ billion spent so far for the games and for the city’s infrastructures
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:19 am

Nice logos. And some interesting statistics there too. Really really looking forward to the August Simlympics mitsos Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigKingOfIreland Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:51 am

45 BILLION :O These are very expensive games. The stats are great mitsos, make it feel more realistic Smile
CraigKingOfIreland
CraigKingOfIreland
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:23 pm

thaks CraigKingOfIreland
Here is the map pollution around the Olympic stadium. During the games all avenues will be closed, so the pollution levels will be even lower.
PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad) Untitl10
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:58 pm

I see taking a que from Beijing all though I think you are pretty good in terms of Pollution so I wouldnt worry about that, just a question, wouldnt shutting down your avenue's hurt trafic distrobuiton for the millions of tuorists going to see the games?
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigKingOfIreland Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:08 am

First far out aerial shot I've seen f the Park, it looks good Smile BTW Where did you get those long arches that run parallel to the?
CraigKingOfIreland
CraigKingOfIreland
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LeLeOne Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:31 am

dljrfn is probably right.....inside the park people can be move by foot...but to reach it? Carspark apart I don't see structures for the public transport as railway stations and terminal for subway and bus.... Wink
LeLeOne
LeLeOne

Back to top Go down

Post by LeLeOne Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:56 am

ops sorry I find out the subway ones Razz
LeLeOne
LeLeOne

Back to top Go down

Post by ellis896 Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:14 am

Efstathioupolis companies some of the official sponsors of the August Simlympics,Penthesili 2008!!
The advertisers below during the Penthesili games,will spend about $1,43 billion all together.

Click Here to see the Official Sponsors.

Sponsors

SKG Airlines - Nations Airline
O.T.E.F - Nations Main Telecom Provider
HELLASIM - Nations Best Mobile Telecom Provider
Int'l Airport "Megas Alexandros" - Nations Biggest Airport
EPTE Digital - Nations Biggest National TV Channel

ellis896

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:26 am

Thanks for your comments guys. Well I m gonna shut down the avenues only for those people who are not going to watch any of the events and only during the day. For the tourists, there is an extensive public transportation system, and for those who own a ticket can use the public transportation for free. Also there is high speed rail station left, but it can not be seen. No need to worry for anything. the games will be well organized.
At this point I would like to thank ellis896 for his sponsorship. Sponsorships are really important for the games. Very Happy
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:36 am

CraigKingOfIreland I really don’t remember. Usually I add to my favorites all the sites from which i download stuff but for this one I didn’t. it was a Japanese-something site. It was Japanese-something site. I m not quite sure but I saw it on SimCity central forum
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigKingOfIreland Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:38 am

Alright, thanks I'll go scouting on some Japanese sites Smile
CraigKingOfIreland
CraigKingOfIreland
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:42 am

well i have some to give you but to be honest is really hard to found it. may be i can send it to you somehow if you want it Desperately i 'm sorry man
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigKingOfIreland Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:54 am

Nah it's alright, it was only out of interest, I probably wouldn't have even used it Laughing
CraigKingOfIreland
CraigKingOfIreland
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:46 am

The marathon finishing will take place in ancient stadium in down town Penthesili, the purpose for that is to connect the past with the future. PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad) Ancsta10

PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad) Penthe10[img]

PENTHESILI SIMLYMPICS COUNTDOWN (Watch the preparations of the seventh simlympiad) Penthe11

Last edited by mitsos on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigKingOfIreland Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:29 am

Ooh! Me really likey Very Happy Very, very nice.
CraigKingOfIreland
CraigKingOfIreland
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LeLeOne Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:09 am

really a nice park
LeLeOne
LeLeOne

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:24 am

Thank you CraigKingOfIreland and LeLeOne!!!
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by LeLeOne Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:36 am

I think you must have a really really huge region for having a city of 17mln people and create big parks like this or the Simlympic one......how much time have you spended for doing them?
LeLeOne
LeLeOne

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:42 am

I started about 2 years ago. And always I had in my mind to bid. Now this moment has come!! I m uploading the whole region to find out!!
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next