SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion about the games of the seventh Simlympiad

+3
dljrfn2000
LeLeOne
mitsos
7 posters

Go down

General Discussion about the games of the seventh Simlympiad Empty General Discussion about the games of the seventh Simlympiad

Post by mitsos Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:30 am

This is the place where general stuff can be discussed prior the games
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

General Discussion about the games of the seventh Simlympiad Empty Re: General Discussion about the games of the seventh Simlympiad

Post by mitsos Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:19 am

LeLeOne I saw your bid more carefully and I thought that your city can host Simlympics. The city is cool and the venues too. You just need to make some improvements and you will be ok! Wink if you ll need any help or advice just tell me.
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

General Discussion about the games of the seventh Simlympiad Empty Re: General Discussion about the games of the seventh Simlympiad

Post by LeLeOne Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:46 am

Smile I'm happythat you liked it ....I am now trying to magnify the city toward north, the city is passed from 1.300.000 sims to almost 1.700.000.
I think that the Simlympic park was enough small, originally I wanted to do a greater one out of the center of Alameda, but it will requested time, so I have used the industrial zone that I've then demolished, at the end it has revealed like an ideal location, but I was very bound by the rest of the city that I had around and that I didn't want to change. Nevertheless I have now demolished almost all the stadiums and, maintaining the green areas, I am trying to create a new commercial and residential zone.
Now the problem is that I don't want to propose a candidacy which is the copy of that of August, and I think that it will be difficult to do a better one if my city stays the same
LeLeOne
LeLeOne

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:22 pm

Personally I liked most your bid. Now my opinion is to construct a new big international airport and may help you to see original stadium sites to get some ideas. If I where you I would build it near the sea. I think that you can do amazing things. The city is great and it has everything for the simlympics. Of course due to luck of stadiums don’t be afraid to use the same ones. All that matters is the way you place them in the game. Smile forza Alameda
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by LeLeOne Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:32 pm

thanks for the encouragement.....I have already individualized two sites for a possible simlympic park, everything depends if there will be or no a winter edition of the games.
For the stadiums I have found last night some cool stuff that I had seen around, and for the airports I know that the games ones sucks, but I wouldn't know which one to download from simtropolis and then I hate have endless menues full of things that I don't use
LeLeOne
LeLeOne

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:26 pm

You can download just one pack for runways and another one for terminals. It will be easy to use them. But it is up to you.
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by LeLeOne Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:46 pm

I will try, thanks for the suggestion
LeLeOne
LeLeOne

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:01 am

I thought I would put it here, but Mitos in the preperations thread I can not see any of the photo's and one of your posts is blank so I am assuming there is on.
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:07 am

Sorry my mistake. I should upload them on JPEG. I hope only two pictures have this problem. How many pictures can not be seen?
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by LeLeOne Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:07 am

I can see alt the pictures now, but before it load them.....I think that is because we have posted too photos and some have too much great format ( expecially all mine: P)
LeLeOne
LeLeOne

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:14 am

I m gonna try to upload them again
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by knarfmo Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:57 pm

Where is the schedule for the games? I know I found it on here before, but now I can't. rabbit
knarfmo
knarfmo
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:06 am

Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

General Discussion about the games of the seventh Simlympiad Empty Ainkien Celebrates the Opening of the 2008 Games in Penthesili

Post by knarfmo Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:44 pm

I've added a Simlympics-related update to my city journal about the opening ceremonies. (It's towards the bottom.) Enjoy!
knarfmo
knarfmo
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:01 am

Fantastic! Pictures look great, really nicely edited.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:54 am

my very first olympic park

General Discussion about the games of the seventh Simlympiad First11
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by LeLeOne Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:44 am

mmmmmmmmmm how can I say......heterogeneous lol!
LeLeOne
LeLeOne

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 am

Laughing
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:05 am

Lol, well your Simlympic park has certainly improved since then Razz. Although, saying that - I don't see any custom content, so considering that - it's not too bad Smile.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Melbourne Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:49 pm

Umm. Brilliant improvement. My first park looked like that too. Just a natural progretion as we learn how to advance our cities
Melbourne
Melbourne
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:08 pm

and this is the Simlympic park in Penthesili before the Extensive uptade

General Discussion about the games of the seventh Simlympiad Old10
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:28 am

I actually like some of the elemens in that one I like the canal's as well as the paths around the area
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeLeOne Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:10 am

Yes, here there are some good elements, but the current one is my favourite :p
LeLeOne
LeLeOne

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsos Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:27 am

thanks leleone and canuck3360. i think that the current is much better
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down