SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City

5 posters

Go down

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City Empty Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City

Post by Peter Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:18 pm

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City TorchRelayLogo
Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City D2

Today we will travel to the 2nd leg of the relay at Greenwich City!
Peter
Peter
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1386
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://sites.google.com/site/chihiropetrova/

Back to top Go down

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City Empty Re: Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City

Post by adam Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:07 am

Sorry 'bout the delay folks!
( This was recorded from Day 2 of the Simlympic Torch Relay on GBC, Greenwich Broadcasting Corporation)

Tim: Good afternoon, and welcome to the second day of the Simlympic Torch Relay, hosted by our own Greenwich City!
Joe: Right you are, Tim! The mood is very festive as we prepare for the torch to come down this way. Look at all- Look! There it is! Ladies and gentlemen, the Simlympic torch has started down this way now...

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City Greenwichcityfeb2347125

Joe: We can now see it as it passes down Hickory Creek Blvd. The procession consists of the torch, the Greenwich Republic team follows, and a parade is behind that.
Tim: And I just wanted to point out that this flame will have to travel all the way to Leah, where it will light the Simylmpic flame, signifying the start of the games.
Joe: Yes Tim! And as a reminder to all of our viewers in Greenwich and around the world, we will be broadcasting the Simlympics live from Leah on GBC, so join us as we will be at the games!

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City Greenwichcityoct1345124

Tim: And now it has just crossed over onto Franklin Ave, and we can see it now passing in front of the museum of science and technology...
Jim: Yeah, great museum, Tim. I think they have an exhibit on the history of the Apple Computer Company, you should check it out.
Tim: Sounds cool...

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City Greenwichcitymar8471253

Tim: And thats one of the things I love about Greenwich City and the surrounding areas, there's so much to do! You can go here, Hickory Creek, and if you want to go skiing you can just drive on over to Redding...
Joe: And speaking of Redding, it is one of the candidate cities to host the 2010 Winter Simlympics. Hopefully it will get picked!

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City Greenwichcitymar9471253

Tim: Well we can now see it turn into the financial district, onto University Ave, and that building right there is the Citigroup Tower, which happens to be the tallest in the Republic!
Joe: It makes me so amazed when I see architectural marvels such as that, all the manpower put in to making it.

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City Greenwichcitymar1047125

Tim: Here we see the torch pass through the University District. Right there is Franklin Christmas Park, home of the FSU Musketeers.
Joe: Its amazing all the attention this torch is getting! The crowd is going wild!

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City Greenwichcitymar1147125

Tim: And this looks like we are nearing the end of the Torch Relay at the Burj al Greenwich Hotel, where it will stay for the night, and a flame will be lit on top of the tower to guide Greenwich through dark times. The flame has been lit there for the past 10 years and is now tradition.
Joe: Well, as we near the end of the Torch relay, I'm Joe Stevens saying good evening and have a great day! We'll see you tonight for the fireworks show in Hickory Creek.
Tim: Thanks for watching! We'll see you back here later!

(Later that evening...)

Tim: Welcome back to GBC Sports, I'm Tim Ellington here with Joe Lieschwitz.
Joe: And right now we're getting ready for our fireworks show, which should start in a few minutes!
Tim: Joe, I've gotta tell ya, I've always loved fireworks, ever since I was a little kid...
Joe: Look, Tim, they've started!

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City Greenwichcityjan1039124

Tim: Well, thanks for joining us, we'll see you at the Simlympics in Leah!

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City TorchRelayLogo

Last edited by adam on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:44 am; edited 4 times in total
adam
adam

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City Empty Re: Torch Relay - Day 2 - Greenwich City

Post by adam Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:06 pm

As many of you have noticed, some of my pictures have crowds edited into them, some do not. I have been working in Photoshop, however, and I do assure you that all of them have a "crowd" version. However, my internet only is getting 1 mbps right now!
adam
adam

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Nice Smile , Those are some huge crowds!
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Monegasque Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:50 am

Very Nice! =)
Monegasque
Monegasque
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:03 am

Better late than never!

Great relay, particularly like the first picture; the trees look lovely Smile.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down