SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City

+8
Engorn
dljrfn2000
CraigKingOfIreland
Matt
Monegasque
cormiermax
Sixu
Peter
12 posters

Go down

Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City Empty Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City

Post by Peter Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:19 pm

Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City TorchRelayLogo
Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City D1

Today we will begin the torch relay of the 11th Simlympiad at New Rhodesia City!

Last edited by Peter on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Peter
Peter
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1386
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://sites.google.com/site/chihiropetrova/

Back to top Go down

Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City Empty New Rhodesia City Torch Relay

Post by Sixu Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:57 am

Thankyou Peter!

The Torch relay begins in the very heart of the Captial of the Dominion of Wales, New Rhodesia City. Incidentally the first city to host the simlympics, many moons ago. In effect the simlympics has come home.

Here we see the crowds begin to form, alongside marchign bands near the Welsh parliament, overlooking the Metroplex Canal. Close by international representatives from all around the globe watch from the Simcity Journal Union Headquarters, the U.N of the simworld.

Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City Torchrelay4

A large crowd cheers the torch bearer near city hall, as he runs with the flame, closely followed by the marching band, playing "Ode to Joy" by Beethoven.

Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City Torchrelay1

Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City Torchrelay3

As evening quickly seeps into the remaining afternoon. Fireworks are lit to celebrate this most auspicious of occasions. The bear lights a specially designed mechanism with the torch that triggers the projectors in "Emerald Park", the international Financial District. Here the Simlympic Rings are projected on the tallest skyscrapers in the entire country. Symbolising togetherness in more ways that one, and also continuing a trend of host relays, whereby the instance of projection has become a continuing motif.

Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City Torchrelayend
Sixu
Sixu

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City Empty Re: Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City

Post by cormiermax Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:18 am

Very nice Very Happy, U.N. of the simworld? Rolling Eyes
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City Empty Re: Torch Relay - Day 1 - New Rhodesia City

Post by Monegasque Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:21 am

A fab relay Sixu! king
Monegasque
Monegasque
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:26 am

Amazing start for the torch relay ! Wink
Matt
Matt
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 863
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigKingOfIreland Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:51 am

Excellent start Very Happy

P.s: Peter: Why is the logo for 'Greenwhich City' and not the logo I made?
CraigKingOfIreland
CraigKingOfIreland
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:54 am

Sorry Craig, its been fixed! But what do you mean by the logo?
Peter
Peter
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1386
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://sites.google.com/site/chihiropetrova/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixu Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:39 am

U.N. of the simworld?

SCJU Headquarters is located in new Rhodesia City. It would be the closest Approximation. Very Happy Plus it's a huge complex!

Thanks for the lovely comments guys, very much appreciated! pirat

Last edited by Sixu on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More nice things to say)
Sixu
Sixu

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:48 am

Sixu wrote:
A large crowd cheers the torch bearer near city hall, as he runs with the flame, closely followed by the marching band, playing "Ode to Joy" by Beethoven.

*sigh* sorry Sixu I have to bring this up as a music major this is my thing. "Ode to Joy" is not the actual title of the piece written by Beethoven, the piece is Beethoven's 9th symphony, movement number IV. The "ode to Joy" as we know it today was not established many years later by another composer who's name right now escapes me.

Otherwise very very good Sixu loved the fireworks and the city, loved the brick lay out around the road and that plaza great job.
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixu Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:53 am

*sigh* sorry Sixu I have to bring this up as a music major this is my thing. "Ode to Joy" is not the actual title of the piece written by Beethoven, the piece is Beethoven's 9th symphony, movement number IV.

I Know that, but lets be honest "Beethoven 9th Symphony, Movement IV" (as in the title) is as well known to the average Joe as Stanislavski's "method" (in theatre). I believe it's just easier for people to recognise it first hand via reading rather than not know and never delve into it later. Even if it's technically not the correct title. study

btw, I think you may be thinking of "Friedrich Schiller" Wink
Sixu
Sixu

Back to top Go down

Post by Engorn Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:05 am

Great start for the torch relay. Very Happy
Engorn
Engorn

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dizflip Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:01 am

great job, good sir.
dizflip
dizflip

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:20 am

Sixu wrote:
btw, I think you may be thinking of "Friedrich Schiller" Wink

Yes that would be it thank you. lol
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:50 am

I meant its not really the UN because there are lots of other unions Razz
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperor Stormont Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Fabulous start gaz, very nice indeed Smile
Emperor Stormont
Emperor Stormont

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Great opening leg to the Torch Relay sixu!
Aranho
Aranho
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2008-10-18

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aranho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixu Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:33 pm

I meant its not really the UN because there are lots of other unions

There are of course, but it doesn't really detract from the fact that the U.N is the closest approximate organisation to the SCJU.

If you meant that because there are more unions inherently means no union holds a U.N-equivalent status. Then I must say that you're wrong.

Think of it this way, apart from the Simlympics, there is no other event or organisation that provides a platform that establishes all unions existing on the same relative "plane" if you will.

By that I mean, while we have union's existing in the community, doesn't necessarily mean they exist on the same "version" of Earth. Indeed, there's been several instances where memberstates from different Unions have nation states that infringe or even replace other states in different Unions (geographically speaking). This is basically the perspective most in the SCJU have.

So in affect, the U.N status is applicable, even if other union memberstates don't agree.

Thanks for the wonderful comments guys! Let's not turn this into a political debate, and get on with the games!
Sixu
Sixu

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:02 am

Incredible start 6U, thanks for kicking off the torch relay in such wonderful style Very Happy.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down