SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linktoria City/Lake Newport 2011 - comments

+4
cormiermax
Joe 90
K50
Wacky32
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Linktoria City/Lake Newport 2011 - comments - Page 2 Empty Re: Linktoria City/Lake Newport 2011 - comments

Post by Joe 90 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:14 pm

K50 Dude wrote:And it's certainly not just custom content, all of my pictures are edited... and not with MS Paint, but with GIMP. Joe's pictures are edited as well, but he probably uses Photoshop or Inkscape (although I doubt he uses Inkscape on his SC4 images).

Do you see a pattern here? Wink
I'd just like to point out the none of the SC4 pictures I have ever posted anywhere have been enhanced in any way with Photoshop, Gimp, or any other image-editing software, bar putting a title on them. This is mostly because I don't have time, and partly because I hate how people invariably oversaturate everything, making it look like a very large nuclear bomb has just detonated a little off screen.
I also don't have the BAT or lot editor, so everything in my cities is unaltered stuff you can download. Just goes to show that it can be done with a little time and patience Wink

And wacky, I suggest you do a bit of research into what you're actually trying to build. From your ski slopes, its painfully obvious you have no idea what facilities most of the winter events require. Moguls and Halfpipe have already been pointed out to you, but the main ski slopes have protruding rocks, and are too steep for the likes of the Slalom and too short for the Downhill or Super G. I think you need to slow down - a lot. You're building seems to be done at warp speed, and consequently it looks like everything was slapped together without much thought going into it, and then posted up unfinished. IIRC, your last two summer bids had garbage all over your streets - its not a particularly good look. Bids don't close until the end of the year, so there's plenty of time to sit back, assess what you need to do, and then rebuild anything you need to. Remember there are no prizes for posting the first bid, only the best bid. Smile
Joe 90
Joe 90
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2334
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Linktoria City/Lake Newport 2011 - comments - Page 2 Empty Re: Linktoria City/Lake Newport 2011 - comments

Post by ForthWall Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Wacky - I got some stuff for you (Ski Lifts)

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2471 - Giraffe Very Happy

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?p=results - Pegs ski stuff Smile

K50 - for most stuff, unless your a pro at GIMP, I say try to do your best in Sim City (Made some half pipes and Ski Jumps from Terra forming (Took me 20 minutes)

Remember Wacky - patients (I hope I spelled that right) will lead you to get better landscapes - and a better bid, and yes I suggest GIMP (I have some tutorials to help you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFIuPODFDEw try this I'll find more

ForthWall
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:26 pm

At the absolute least try to pull up the contrast and the brightness a bit. Just the little things make the difference (although I have certainly starting to go more elaborate on things recently)

EDIT: This particular setting is one I have ALWAYS used. It just makes everything bolder. Seriously it's a big difference Smile
Linktoria City/Lake Newport 2011 - comments - Page 2 Simspo10

Also, PowerPoint can do a lot Razz Powerpoint made my signature, my big logo, my teasers for my bid, etc. wacky do you have powerpoint?
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperador gran dios Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:45 pm

.... .Powerpoint? like Microsoft?
Emperador gran dios
Emperador gran dios

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:53 pm

Yup Razz
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:55 pm

I use powerpoint for logos sometimes. K50, nate says update the tropics cup.
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperador gran dios Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:20 pm

K50 Dude wrote:Yup Razz

Tutorial por favor
Emperador gran dios
Emperador gran dios

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Ok, you guys win again, im sick of you guys talking crap about my bids. Im bidding for the ISC Session! I'll bid for April/May! Happy?

Sorry for getting mad, but im gonna improve!

Well, i may have to go back to ISC Session, ill think about it. And Linktoria will also host a leg of the torch relay and a block party after the games, and host qualifying tournaments, and bid for the next games in April or May!
Wacky32
Wacky32

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2010-01-12

http://sibf.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Maybe if you would actually take some of our advice your bids wouldn't be crap and we would have no reason to criticize...
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:41 am

I am taking advice, give time and it'll look a whole lot better!
Wacky32
Wacky32

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:46 am

Don't lie, you've had tons of time and so far I have seen no improvement. If you were taking advice you would have improved greatly.
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Im gonna have this as undecided, lemme think, bid or ISC Session?

Im gonna pay attention man! Very Happy
Wacky32
Wacky32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2