SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melbourne Bid for December Simlympics

+2
philly_boy
Melbourne
6 posters

Go down

Melbourne Bid for December Simlympics Empty Melbourne Bid for December Simlympics

Post by Melbourne Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:00 am

This is the first post for a preliminary bid for the city of Melbourne. The city is testing out whether in its current state can compete on a global scale. This bid is to help develope the city for a major bid sometime in 2009 but that being said, this is still a serious bid.

More to come, shortly
Melbourne
Melbourne
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Melbourne Bid for December Simlympics Empty Re: Melbourne Bid for December Simlympics

Post by philly_boy Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:13 am

looking forward to it Very Happy
philly_boy
philly_boy
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://www.simcitygreece.gr

Back to top Go down

Melbourne Bid for December Simlympics Empty Re: Melbourne Bid for December Simlympics

Post by mitsos Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:50 am

me too. good luck Melbourne
mitsos
mitsos
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:28 am

Melbourne, I haven't seen your city, but from most of your advice, critics and comments, you seem to have a great city going Very Happy. So I say go for it, even if you think your city doesnt have what it takes. Good luck to you too Melbourne!
Peter
Peter
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1386
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://sites.google.com/site/chihiropetrova/

Back to top Go down

Post by Melbourne Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:40 pm

My major problem is transport, both with dilapilation due to long commute but also low traffic volume in commercial areas due to the avenue layout. But hey, it will always flow better than my old canals.
Melbourne
Melbourne
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:47 am

Interesting idea, looking forward to seeing what you've got Smile.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigKingOfIreland Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:54 pm

For the 8th ISC Session I am doing summaries of each bid for the games. If you are still serious about your bid could you give me a large picture of your Simlympic Park without any banners, labels or logos on it going across it, as well as a picture of your logo please Smile If you aren't going to bid you should ask an administrator to remove you from the list.
CraigKingOfIreland
CraigKingOfIreland
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down