SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeKalb Simlympic Bid

Go down

DeKalb Simlympic Bid Empty DeKalb Simlympic Bid

Post by Slacker Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:43 am

I would like to put in a bid for my city DeKalb. Here is the logo.

DeKalb Simlympic Bid Dekalbolympicsjd8

Main Athletics Stadium - Beijing Olympic Stadium.

Atleast one indoor Arena - Eye-Dome, DeKalb Arena, one more in the offing.

A Swimming Center - Bejing Swimming Center.

A Park - (For Marathon, triathlon etc) - working on. May use auto road course as a marathon course.

Veldrome - Koein Arena.

Tennis Courts - triple tennis court arena.

Football Pitches - Stanley Park.

Space for Shooting & Archery - Working on.

A seaside/riverside sailing center - located along a stait with boat harbor.

A lake for Canoeing and Rowing - A strait river I am using for a shipping channel.

A suitable Mountain biking location - held at mountains a bit of a ways away but connected by highspeed rail.

Voleyball Courts - Will use large IMAX theater as arena.

A suitable site for horseriding - will need to work on this.

Olympic Village - Most of the olympics buildings in one area, housing will be near by and connected by ground light rail

Major Airport nearby - Crossroads International. Just south of city.

Good transport facilities - Ground light rain in olympic complex. El, interstate and highspeed rail connecting with airport. Highspeed rail to connect events to be held outside of city(ie. mountin biking).

Good Hotels - Many around airport and across strait from downtown and olympic complex. Will put some near downtown/olympic complex.

The following will be very kindley loked upon :
An Olympic Park - Olympic complex in a single area. Very landscaped.

4 Football stadiums - Have 3 arenas that can be used for soccer.

3-6 Indoor Arenas (Its very hard to have one arena big enough to host: Basketball, Handball, Gymnastics, Hockey, Fencing, Wrestling etc) - as mentioned at the beginning I have 2 and will be adding one, for a total of three.

Extremley good transport facilities, including high speed connections between the Olympic Park, the other Olympic Events and the Airport. - Hi-Speed from airport to city, ground light rail around olympic complex, as well as existing El system and road network.

High quality hotels - Several.

A big city, with historical venues as well as many tourist attractions. - Capital city of the State of Franklin. Attractions are capital complex, Governers University, large cruise ship port, numerous parks.

OK I have got photos for my submission of DeKalb above.

Capital complex-Capitol building, Judicial Building, Johann Office Building

DeKalb Simlympic Bid DeKalbStateComplex

Cruise Ship Port

DeKalb Simlympic Bid DeKalbCruisePort

Downtown with habor

DeKalb Simlympic Bid DowntownDeKalb

Crossroads International Airport

DeKalb Simlympic Bid CrossroadsAirport

Lastly the plan for various events

DeKalb Simlympic Bid DeKalbFranklin
Slacker
Slacker