SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closing Ceremony

+3
Slacker
Neil
Aranho
7 posters

Go down

Closing Ceremony Empty Closing Ceremony

Post by Aranho Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:16 am

Mike: Good evening to all of the home viewers watching this. You are now watching the live coverage of the Closing Ceremony of the Tourist City Simlympics April 2009. I'm your commentator, Mike.
Neil: And this is Neil. Good evening to you all out there. I'm standing in for Alex whom has been sick after eating a 10kg tub of chocolate ice cream.
Mike: Neil, you must be joking, right? April Fools is long gone.
Neil: You're right! I'm just joking. But he is sick, definately.
Mike: I wish him a good recovery then.
Neil: Same here.
Mike: It's now 9:55 pm Singapore time and it could be any moment now before the closig ceremony for the 9th Simlympiad begins.
Neil: This installment of the Simlympics is a really special.
Mike: That's right. This April Simlympics has been delayed by about 5 days due to technical difficulties of both the scoing system and the opening ceremony.
Neil: On top of that, at around Day 10 of the Simlympics, there has been a threat of a possible terrorist attempt on the Simlympics.
Mike: Of course, wth such a strong security Raffore Islands have, none of us really worry about the terrorist attacks. I mean, what can the Fornax Empire do? Launch a nuclear attck on us?
Neil: Well, should the Fornax Empire launch a terrorist attack on Raffore Islands or on any nations, they are just cowards.
Mike: Agreed. Well, this is a time of celebration. Let's not talk about bad stuff.

The stadium floodlights then dims.

Mike: Oh. The closing ceremony is about to begin soon.
Neil: Let's now focus our attention towards the closing ceremony.
Mike: So all of you viewers out there, enjoy the closing ceremony.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, please rise to welcome the guest-of-honours, the ISC President Slacker and the Prime Minister of Raffore Islands James Wee Hsien Koh.

The audience then rise and applause as the Guest-of-Honours enters the stadium with the floodlights focusing on them and take their seats.

Announcer: You may now take a seat.

The audience then take their seats.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, we give you the first and only performance; the Child's Dream.
Different international organization logos (United Nations, The Commonwealth, ASEAN, COFR and AIN) then appears on the ground of the stadium circling clockwise in unison.

A soothing music then begins to play, in which hundreds of children performers pour into the stadium, laughing with joy. The children then form a shape of Raffore Islands in the middle of the stadium.

Closing Ceremony 3463175612_0340b9acd5

As the children perform their dance, adult dancers gracefully enter the stadium and form 5 different group of ring with the color red, green. yellow, blue and black respectively. A few dance move and the children move out and surround the adult dancers in a circle while the adult dancers, while maintaning the shape of the rings, close in and from the Olympic Ring.

A hologramic image of the Milky Way was then form throughout (not sure if spelled correctly) the whole stadium, filling the stadium with tons of stars with a bright core, while the dancers on stage rest their energy with the music still playing.

Closing Ceremony 3463176556_af8c276785

Amongst the hologramic Milky Way, Earth was then highlighted in green and it was magnified so that Earth is visible to everyone. A gently "shockwave" then boomed through the whole hologramic Milky Way, showing the five borders of the space sectors of the COFR. Gaia. Ezra. Neutral. Hiigara. Andromeda. These five sectors have their borders clearly shown. Within these five sectors, the main planets of each sectors were then highlighted and magnified. COFR Space Station. Diesmaran Empire/Oonte Rotocco. Hiigaran Confederacy (Hiigarar). Shalman Commonwealth.

Immediately after the planets have been magnified, the dancers then released two doves each per person from a cage that has been hidden behind their costume. The doves then flew up and out of the stadium ceiling opening. After all of the doves have been confirmed flew to a safe distance from the stadium, a firework display followed.
Aranho
Aranho
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2008-10-18

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aranho

Back to top Go down

Closing Ceremony Empty Re: Closing Ceremony

Post by Aranho Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:16 am

Mike: Whoa. What a stunning performance.
Neil: It definately is stunning, especially the hologram segment.
Mike: I got to admit. Raffore Islands is surely the entertainment capital of South East Asia and probably Asia because... I mean, look! What a great piece of art!
Neil: I could never imagine this happening at the Simlympics.
Mike: Now, let's go back to the live coverage of the Closing Ceremony. Enjoy.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Please welcome the athletics of the April 2009 Simlympics.

Nation by nation, the athletics slowly enter the stadium, with New Rhodesia being the first and Raffore Islands being the last. While the athletics slowly pour into the stadium, two American musical bands, Fall Out Boy and Maroon 5, began to play their music pieces.

Fall Out Boy - Thriller

Maroon 5 - If I Never See Your Face Again

Fall Out Boy - I Don't Care

Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Goin' Down

Maroon 5 - Makes Me Wonder

Fall Out Boy - America's Suitehearts

Maroon 5 - This Love

Fall Out Boy - Thnks Fr Th Mmrs

Fall Out Boy - Tiffany Blews

Fall Out Boy - I'm Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off

Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved

Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning

Maroon 5 - Won't Go Home Without You

Maroon 5 - Goodnight Goodnight
Aranho
Aranho
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:17 am

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, let us rise as both the President of the International Simlympics Committee, Slacker, and the Prime Minister of Raffore Islands, James Wee Hsien Koh, approach to the winner's podium for the award ceremony.

Slacker and James then wake to the winner's podium.

Announcer: Now, let's award the prize to the fourth runner-up nation. The fourth runner-up goes to...
Spoiler:

Announcer: Would the representative of Greater Terran Region please collect your prize. The third runner-up goes to...
Spoiler:

Announcer: Would the representative of Raffore Islands please collect your prize. The second runner-up goes to...
Spoiler:

Announcer: Would the representative of Calioshire and the representative of Windsor please collect your prize. The first runner-up goes to...
Spoiler:

Announcer: Would the representative of Elizabeth please collect your prize. Now, the overall champion goes to...
Spoiler:
Announcer: Would the representative of Kenosha please collect your prize.

The whole stadium then cheered for the overall champion while there's a short fireworks display.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, now let us rise as we play the champion nation's, Kenosha, national anthem.

Kenosha's national anthem was then played.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, let us continue to stand as we end of the Closing Ceremony with the lowering of the Flag of Raffore Islands, the Flag of New Rhodesia and the Flag of the Simlympics as we play their respective anthems.

{{Raffore Islands' National Anthem}}

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Let us now put out the Simlympics Flame.

After a short pause, the Simlympics flame transform into a shooting "star" and flew into the sky

Closing Ceremony 3462957764_3cbf4e5abb

The shooting "star" then "exploded" into a firework, followed by a firework display.

Closing Ceremony 3462146845_4d3349a8b9

Closing Ceremony 3462150129_677e079253

Mike: Well, that's it. We've come to the end of the live coverage of the April 2009 Simlympics Closing Ceremony.
Neil: We hope you guys enjoyed both the opening and closing ceremonies, together with the other events of the Simlympics.
Mike: The Simlympics will be back again in August this year with a totally brand new host nation.
Neil: Until then, goodnight and goodbye everyone.
Mike: Goodnight and goodbye.
Aranho
Aranho
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:59 am

lol! LOL... Fantastic closing ceremony...
Congratulations to all the atheltes and their nations.
Neil
Neil

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2008-08-01

http://flavors.me/neilmoore#_

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:24 am

Stunning closing ceremony Aran Very Happy.

I'd like to say thank you to you and all of Raffore Islands for hosting a fantastic games these last two weeks. The world has come together in Tourist City, united through sport. Smile
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by philly_boy Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:13 am

Neil, we're presenting the closing ceremony together Razz

Great closing Aran Smile
philly_boy
philly_boy
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://www.simcitygreece.gr

Back to top Go down

Post by knarfmo Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:42 am

Great closing ceremony, Aranho. Thanks for all of your hard work during the games!
knarfmo
knarfmo
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:08 am

very nice!
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:36 am

awesomenessssss aran! great job on another simlympics! i like the milkyway and the concert xD

now...the long and anticipated summer games...man its gunna get bloody Twisted Evil
Peter
Peter
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1386
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://sites.google.com/site/chihiropetrova/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:27 pm

Thanks guys. Very Happy
Aranho
Aranho