SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech)

Go down

Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Empty Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech)

Post by woodb3kmaster Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:34 pm

Regional Medal Table:

Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) MedalTable
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) NorthAmerica-1 9..13..15
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) URSC-1 9...9...14
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) SCJU-1 7...4...3
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) MoS-1 4...1...6
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) EuropeAsia-1 1...3...2

Individual National Medal Table:

Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) MedalTable
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Dunstonville 3...3...0
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) NewRhodesia 3...2...0
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) NewHaven 3...1...2
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Chesterfield 2...1...3
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Nyhaven 2...1...2
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) PineGrove 2...1...0
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) SanMarino-AzaleaCity 2...1...0
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Pakkusena 2...0...3
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Casanares 2...0...2
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Manchester-1 2...0...1
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Crossrivers_Vontaria 1...3...1
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) WestPasco 1...2...1
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Dahu 1...1...2
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) SanFrancisco 1...1...2
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Corrinton 1...0...2
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Trent 1...0...1
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Suudendam 1...0...1
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Avery 0...4...2
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) CoralBay 0...3...1
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Lloyd 0...2...2
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) CapitalCity 0...2...0
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) NewBurgundy 0...1...1
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Olympus 0...1...0
Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) DeKalb 0...0...1

Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Winner

Also, Congratulations to North America for winning the Regional. Manchester's Gold in Athletics was enough to edge it over the URSC, unlucky URSC you were so close.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) Empty Re: Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech)

Post by woodb3kmaster Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:34 pm

Closing ceremony speech from the President of the ISC:

Thank you for having me hear tonight Avery, it is a great pleasure for me to be here tonight after what has been a hugely successful Simlympics. You guys in Avery really are amazing, every where I go I see people with a passion for sport. I couldn't think of a better host for the Simlympics, your venues are second to none and every little detail has been taken care of. So citizens of Avery, give yourselves a pat on the back for hosting the Simlympics seamlessly.

The Third Simlympics has been the biggest and most detailed yet, it's just under 6 months since the Simlympics started so I'd like to give you all a bit of information about how much we've grown in that very short space of time: We started off with the October Simlympics, hosted by New Rhodesia, we had 4 competing nations and 4 bids. A great start, and the first Simlympics was amazing however we knew we could get more bids, have more of you taking part. Next up was the December Simlympics, hosted New Dunstonville, another amazing Simlympics. This time it was even bigger than the October Simlympics, 11 competing nations and 7 bids, nearly double the amount of bids! Not only was the Simlympics bigger due to the amount of bids and competitors, but it was more detailed thanks to Ccecill. He added dedicated graphics, as well as groups to the Simlympics which both improved the Simlympics. The Simlympics then went through some changes to make it easier to run and to participate in, we came up with a new timetable, a BAT team and many other great new additions. Now we come to the March Simlympics, hosted here in Avery, 13 bids and 24 competing nations - it was HUGE! In under 6 months we've increased the amount of bids by over 300%, and the amount of competing nations by 600%, incredible. I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you who has helped shape the Simlympics into what it is today.

That brings me nicely on to the future of the Simlympics... I'm here tonight not just to congratulate you on a great Simlympics, but to announce a major addition to the Simlympics as well as a few really big changes.
Firstly I'd like to reveal to you something I'm very excited about....

A new way of deciding who wins what medals.

Don't you think it's slightly unfair how an island nation has the same chance of winning the Swimming Gold as a land-locked nation? I do. That's why we're updating our method of picking who wins what, each nation can now decide which Sports it would like to do best in, it could be sports that nation is actually good at or it could just be what they feel like having a higher chance at winning! I'm not going to bore you all with the full details, I'll just sum it up for you (The full details will be released shortly). Each nation receives an equal number of points, that they can 'spend' on the Simlympic sports, they will also receive a supplement (The rating they currently have) that will be added onto their points for each sport.
We're really excited about this, and it should lead to a much more advanced Simlympics.

Next it is my pleasure to reveal to you the first ever Sport event for Sims with disabilities, the Para-Simlympics.

Closing Ceremony (Closing Medal Table and Speech) ParaSimlympics

The Para-Simlympics will take place at the end of each Simlympics, lasting for two days and comprising of four sports. The sports are:

-Wheelchair Athletics
-Swimming
-Boccia (Clicky)
-Goalball (Clicky)

We're really please to have disabled Athletes taking part in the future, it's gonna be great.

Now for our last announcement (At least for tonight Wink). A few months ago, we set up the Future Simlympic Sports Team, run by Ccecill, to help us decide what sports should be added to the Simlympics. They've been working hard researching new sports, and have something to show for their work. 10 new Simlympic sports:

Cricket
Polo
Golf
Tug of War
Karate
Lacrosse
Kick Boxing
Rugby
Baseball

We're still working out the final logistics of everything but expect an announcement on the new timetable within the next couple of days.

Well, that's about it everyone we've got some really exciting SimSports stuff coming up very soon, so keep an eye out. Thank you for listening, and thanks for making this the most memorable Simlympics yet. Enjoy the rest of your night.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down