SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!)

+2
Aranho
wishfulanthony
6 posters

Go down

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Empty Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!)

Post by wishfulanthony Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:23 am

It's me, Anthony, if you remember from several SC4-related sites, and I'm bringing back my flagship City Journal (or should I say, simulcast it from my blog), Molowaku Island in which it will be launched here on SimSports as part of my Simlympics Bid!

Molowaku Island has gone through a long, diverse, and rich history. From over a hundred years of British colonization to its struggle for independence, from volcanic eruptions to industrial revolutions, from parliamentary to federal republic form of government, the island nation located in the Central Pacific near the Equator and east of the International Date Line has been flocked by many visitors and investors due to its prime location between Asia and the Americas. Politically, it has one of the simplest forms of governance, with just 4 regions, several towns and cities, and a few villages, and everything is linked together with a strong Executive, Legislative, and Judiciary forms of governance. Economically, it is one of the strongest members of the Alliance of Fuel Developing and Exporting States, with contributions to advancement in factory standards, green technologies, transportation developments, and workforce standards making it a great place to start up businesses and industries. Socially, it is a country of contrasts: laid back yet ultra-modern, determined yet friendly, persistent yet practical. Molowaku, in itself, is a country of strong economic growth, yet having a loving and open people.

Here's my first city for my return (and simulcast) here at SimSports: the City of Saint Paul.

Population850,000
MayorStephen Fowler (2009-present)
Number of Councilors8
Congress RepresentativeRobert Carlson (2006-present)
Elevation60 meters
AttractionsAlonzo Square, Central Park, Downtown Row, Florentine Station, Government Square, MoloNetwork Arena, Robert Parsons Memorial Speedway, Alvin G. Rodriguez Memorial Home, Saint Paul Concert Hall, St. Mark’s Cathedral, St. Theodore Church, Sultan Hussein Mosque, University of Molowaku, U of M Stadium
Number of SchoolsPublic: Elementary: 12, Middle School: 8, High School: 10. Private: Elementary/Middle School: 9, High School:6, Charter: 2
Number of Colleges and UniversitiesColleges: Community (Public): 5, Private: 3. Universities: Public: 3, Private: 4
Number of HospitalsPublic: 3, Private: 4
Median IncomeMR 240,300 (2009)
Unemployment Rate3.6% (2009)
Crime Rate1.6 per 10,000
Number of Bus RoutesLoop: 3. To/From Downtown: 41. Cross-town: 25. Intercity: Basic (Daily): 10; Commuter (Daily/Weekdays-only): 32. Intra-Community Service: 23
Number of Subway and Monorail RoutesSubway: 11 (with 4 lines under construction and over 130 stations in service). Monorail: 3 (with one extending beyond Saint Paul and over 25 stations in service)
Number of Telephones and Mobile Phones112 per 100 people
WiFi Internet ServiceProvided by MoloNetwork and private firms

The City of Saint Paul is host to quite a lot of superlatives in Molowaku, including the most heavily used bus terminal in the nation (now serving 45,000 passengers, with a capacity of just 10,000), the busiest rail station (Florentine Station), the largest cathedral (St. Mark’s Cathedral), and the busiest Metro and bus lines in the region. Despite the bustling growth of the city, Saint Paul remains to have its fresh, friendly atmosphere, with Joie D’Vivre reigning supreme in the city’s ecletic lifestyle. The city is a major destination for conferences, summits, and cultural events that shape the nation, from the AFDES Summit to the National Congressional Conference, which reflect the city’s (and nation’s) lineage towards a free, democratic rule.

Saint Paul is chosen to become the new capital of Molowaku, as it has the resources and capability to hold immense government, commercial, and social responsibility to the needs of the rapidly-industrializing country. It hosts to several parks, from the immense Central Park downtown to the Lanham Square located next to the Lanham Industrial Park that serves as a commercial center south of downtown. Its large tract of land makes the city a vital area for developing commercial, residential, and industrial areas, alongside with the development of parks that represent an area’s “center” where people gather to relax and enjoy the scenery. Downtown Saint Paul also hosts to other important structures, including many national and international headquarters, from MoloNetwork to Robertson Financial Group (now Thompson Financial Group), while north of the city houses the Molowaku Presidential Home, Congress, and Supreme Court in the so-called Government Square. The city is also a major cultural and sports center, with the newly-opened Saint Paul Concert Hall, home of the Saint Paul Opera, Molowaku Symphony, and Molowaku Ballet Troupe; several new stadiums are to be built as well for Saint Paul's bid for the Simlympics as well -- from the Telstra Stadium to the Molowaku City Dome.

Along with an immense bus and train riding population, Saint Paul also hosts to 1,264 taxi cabs (with more to come soon), 2 monorail lines, and several shuttles that run throughout the city, and the city is capable of handling thousands of commuters everyday through the city’s dozens of bus, train, monorail, and subway terminals. All transit forms in the city are interconnected, providing a hassle-free commute. With that, it can be surprising to know that more than 80% of the people in the city either walk or commute to work, with only 50,000 (and declining) driving cars; as a consequence, however, many bus and subway stops in the city are overcrowded, some exceeding 120% of capacity (6,000 passengers using, with only 5,000 capacity). With the increasing number of buses flocking the city, the City Government has allowed opening three bus yards to accommodate with the large number of buses traversing city streets.

Here are some of the pictures from Saint Paul. Enjoy!

Sky Views of Downtown Saint Paul:

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Skyview

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Skyview2-1

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Skyview-1

Central Saint Paul:

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Dtwnstpaul3

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Dtwnstpaul4

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Dtwnstpaul1

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Dtwnstpaul2

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Centralpark1

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) New-westdowntown

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) New-stpaulconcerthall

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) New-eastdowntown

University of Molowaku:

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Univoverview2

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Univoverview

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Univconventionctr

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Univleicester

Lanham and Southland Industrial Parks, including Saint Paul's Rail Yards:

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Lanhamindlpark

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) New-industrialpk1

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) New-industrialpk2

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) New-industrialpk3

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) New-industrialpk4

Northside and Government Place (still being developed):

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Wellingtonspdwy

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Skyview3-1

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Govthouse1

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) New-northside3

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) New-northside1

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) New-northside2

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) New-northside4
wishfulanthony
wishfulanthony

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-07-26

http://www.anthonynachor.com/

Back to top Go down

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Empty Re: Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!)

Post by Aranho Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:18 pm

Damn I like your city.
Aranho
Aranho
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2008-10-18

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aranho

Back to top Go down

Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!) Empty Re: Molowaku: The Return (and Simulcast!)

Post by mayorm Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:29 am

Shocked Wow, never seen a better city.
mayorm
mayorm

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2009-06-19

http://simmania.darkbb.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by psander5 Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:35 am

Looks great! It's good to see your work here as well as your blog.

I think you're missing a texture dependency though Wink
psander5
psander5

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:08 pm

NASCAR Smile nice dude, I remember this from ST.
simsamerica
simsamerica

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-12-14

http://sc4united.darkbb.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by wishfulanthony Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:51 am

Replies for now:

Aranho - well... if you want to make a city like what I have, make one! Smile Just do your best in making it.

Mayorm - oh really? Seriously? hehehe well, it really takes hard work to make my city what it is today.

Psander5 - oh yeah, you get to see that on my blog too, but in here, it is edited, that's why you might see differences between the two. But, overall, you get to see quite a bit more pictures here.

Simsamerica - hehehe NASCAR, eh? It's similar to NASCAR, but it's more like regular car racing. You remember from ST, eh? Well, it has found new homes here in the SimSports (for my bid in the Simlympics) and also at my own blog, in which it is close to its first year anniversary. If you want, visit my blog at http://www.anthonynachor.com/
wishfulanthony
wishfulanthony

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-07-26

http://www.anthonynachor.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:02 am

Wow, what a start. Looking forward to more Smile.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down