SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weburg 2011 - Comments

+10
Peter
canuck3360
miguelleal1
K50
Emperador gran dios
Bruce
emperordaniel
simsamerica
alicaponi
Fulbgoldbatch
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weburg 2011 - Comments - Page 2 Empty Re: Weburg 2011 - Comments

Post by emperordaniel Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:13 am

Where did you get that construction lot?
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2011-01-10
Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:25 am

It's a pretty good start. Great presentation, venues, etc. But it's way too Maxis for my taste. Sad
Blakeway
Blakeway

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-11-29

http://aoin.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulbgoldbatch Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:27 am

emperordaniel wrote:Where did you get that construction lot?

The construction objects are part of the SFBT Construction Site Pack, which you can get at Simtropolis.

Blakeway wrote:It's a pretty good start. Great presentation, venues, etc. But it's way too Maxis for my taste. Sad

I know some cities that have won the rights to host the Simlympics had Maxis buildings in their downtowns, a couple of ISC Session host winners had Maxis downtowns as well.

Fulbgoldbatch

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:42 am

what about the caramel marketplace? where'd you get it?
simsamerica
simsamerica

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-12-14

http://sc4united.darkbb.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:19 am

Fulbgoldbatch wrote:Closing Speech

Weburg 2011 - Comments - Page 2 Andreo10

Andre: Rigado and I thank you all and especially the ISC for giving us a chance to show what our country has been wanting to show for years!

Andre: Rigado et je vous remercie tous et en particulier l'ISC de nous donner une chance de montrer ce que notre pays a eu envie de voir depuis des années!

[color=green]Internal Assessment. The 2011 Weburg Games Bid has truly raised the bidding standards with this extensively detailed bid with a refined city and venues from that of the 2010 bid accompanied by aesthetically pleasing graphics. The 2011 bid is a major improvement over its 2010 predecessor bid[You made a bid in 2010?]. The bid is unique in that it was presented with not just one ominous person, but a working team from the Weburg Simlympic Bidding Committee. Maxisland has been dubbed as the “entertainment capital of Sim North America” and they used that to their advantage with the presentation with different presenters in each segment of the bid. Weburg 2011 proposes something different to the ISC with a unique approach to the opening ceremony. They plan to use not only one person, but the ideas and planning of a team for a more diverse and phenomenal ceremonies[it's not unique anymore. Chihiro 2010 did it already.]. This bid also used unprecedented flash slideshows to showcase the city and venues. Weburg 2011 really emphasized the concept of celebration and uniqueness that they will bring to the ballgame.[What flash technology?][/color]The city may not be 100% custom lotted or eyecandy-fied, but this city as well as the country sure has the spirit that the Simlympic Games deserves. The bid presents the Maxisland Simlympic Ring to the ISC. The bid also excelled in the transportation and maps department compared to that of the 2010 bid. Overall, this bid is one of the most extensive and innovative bids to be presented to the International Simlympic Committee.[??? It's not extensive and innovative when it's been done already.]

D'évaluation interne. Les Jeux de 2011 Weburg candidature a vraiment haussé les normes d'appel d'offres avec cette offre extrêmement détaillé avec une ville raffinée et lieux de celle de la candidature de 2010 accompagné d'esthétique graphique. L'offre 2011 est une amélioration majeure par rapport à ses 2010 offres prédécesseur. L'offre est unique en ce qu'il a été présenté non seulement avec une personne menaçante, mais une équipe de travail du Comité Weburg Simlympic enchères. Maxisland a été surnommé la «capitale du divertissement de Sim Amérique du Nord » et ils ont utilisé à leur avantage que de la présentation avec des diffuseurs différents dans chaque segment de l'offre. Weburg 2011 propose quelque chose de différent à l'entrepreneur avec une approche unique de la cérémonie d'ouverture. Ils ont l'intention de ne pas utiliser une seule personne, mais les idées et la planification d'une équipe pour une cérémonie plus diversifié et phénoménal. Cette candidature a également utilisé des diaporamas flash sans précédent pour mettre en valeur la ville et des lieux. Weburg 2011 vraiment insisté sur le concept de la célébration et l'unicité qu'ils apporteront au jeu de balle. La ville ne peut pas être 100% personnalisée lotted ville ou eyecandy-fiée, mais cela aussi bien que le pays a certainement l'esprit que les Jeux Simlympic mérite. L'offre présente les Simlympic Maxisland Ring à l'ISC. L'offre a aussi excellé dans le département des transports et des cartes par rapport à celle de la candidature de 2010. Dans l'ensemble, cette offre est l'une des offres les plus complète et innovante qui sera présenté au Comité international Simlympic.

Dedication. We hope that with this bid, we have shown a year’s worth of hard work, perseverance and success that will hopefully go into the most memorable celebration of these Simlympic games.

Dédicace. Nous espérons que cette offre, nous avons montré une année de travail, de persévérance et de réussite qui, nous l'espérons entrer dans la fête la plus mémorable de ces jeux Simlympic.

Activity and Promotion. If Maxisland wins the hosting rights June 2011 Games, we will go all out on promotional advertisements such as those from the 2009 Hinawa Games will be distributed throughout the Simcity world. This is what we want to achieve. Like the saying goes, “the more the merrier!” We will guarantee a huge increase of active members during the Weburg Games, because we want the whole world to celebrate these games!

Activité et la promotion. Si Maxisland remporte les droits d'hébergement Juin Jeux de 2011, nous allons passer tout de go sur les publicités promotionnelles telles que celles des Jeux de 2009 Hinawa seront distribués à travers le monde Simcity. C'est ce que nous voulons atteindre. Comme le dit le dicton, "plus on est de fous!" Nous vous garantissons une augmentation considérable de membres actifs pendant les Jeux Weburg, parce que nous voulons le monde entier pour célébrer ces jeux!

From the Weburg Simlympic Committee, we hope that you enjoyed this bid. This bid is a small slice of a giant cake and that giant cake is the Weburg 2011 Simlympic Games. Whether you choose to share that cake with the world, it’s up to you! Maxisland is ready: more professional, stronger, stunning and much more innovating.…..…so, let’s celebrate!

Du Comité Weburg Simlympic, nous espérons que vous avez apprécié cette offre. Cette offre est une petite tranche d'un gâteau géant et ce gâteau géant est le Weburg des Jeux de 2011 Simlympic. Que vous choisissiez de partager ce gâteau avec le monde, c'est à vous! Maxisland est prêt: plus professionnel, plus fort, l'étourdissement et beaucoup plus innovant ... .. ... alors, nous allons célébrer.!

On behalf of everyone here at Weburg, I, Andre Overton, would like to thank you all and hope to see you all in Weburg!

Au nom de tout le monde ici à Weburg, I, André Overton, tiens à vous remercier tous et nous espérons vous voir tous en Weburg!

Peter wrote:
Weburg 2011 - Comments - Page 2 10-Closing
Gwen: Well, here’s a recap video of tonight’s bid!

Gwen: Eh bien, voici une vidéo récapitulative de l'offre de ce soir!

Gwen: And now, for the Internal Assessment and closing speech, I welcome Your Highness, King Andre IV of Petrova!

Gwen: Et maintenant, pour l'évaluation interne et discours de clôture, je me réjouis de Votre Altesse, le roi André IV de Petrova!

Weburg 2011 - Comments - Page 2 Ande
King Andre: Komostavos and I thank you all and especially the ISC for giving us a chance to show what our country has been wanting to show for years!

King André: Komostavos et je vous remercie tous et surtout de l'ISC de nous donner une chance de montrer ce que notre pays a manqué de montrer depuis des années!

Internal Assessment. The 2010 Qhiro Games Bid has truly raised the bidding standards with this extensively detailed bid with a refined city and venues from that of the 2008 bid accompanied by aesthetically pleasing graphics. The 2010 bid is a major improvement over its 2008 predecessor bid. The bid is unique in that it was presented with not just one ominous person, but a working team from the Chihiro Simlympic Bidding Committee. Petrova has been dubbed as the “entertainment capital of SimEurope” and they used that to their advantage with the presentation with different presenters in each segment of the bid. Qhiro 2010 proposes something different to the ISC with a unique approach to the opening ceremony. They plan to use not only one person, but the ideas and planning of a team for a more diverse and phenomenal ceremonies. This bid also used unprecedented flash slideshows to showcase the city and venues. Qhiro 2010 really emphasized the concept of celebration and uniqueness that they will bring to the ballgame. The city may not be 100% custom lotted or eyecandy-fied, but this city as well as the country sure has the spirit that the Simlympic Games deserves. The bid presents the Petrova Simlympic Park to the ISC, providing a unique and unprecedented environment for its athletes: a beach paradise. The bid also excelled in the transportation and maps department compared to that of the 2008 bid. Overall, this bid is one of the most extensive and innovative bids to be presented to the International Simlympic Committee.

D'évaluation interne. Les Jeux de 2010 Qhiro candidature a vraiment élevé les normes d'appel d'offres avec soumission cette largement détaillées avec une ville raffinée et lieux de celle de l'offre 2008 accompagné esthétique graphique. L'offre 2010 est une amélioration majeure par rapport de 2008 offre prédécesseur. L'offre est unique en ce qu'il a été présenté non seulement avec une personne de mauvais augure, mais une équipe de travail du Comité Chihiro Simlympic enchères. Petrova a été connue comme la capitale du divertissement "de SimEurope» et ils ont utilisé cela à leur avantage avec la présentation avec des diffuseurs différents dans chaque segment de l'offre. Qhiro 2010 propose quelque chose de différent à l'ISC avec une approche unique de la cérémonie d'ouverture. Ils ont l'intention de ne pas utiliser une seule personne, mais les idées et la planification d'une équipe pour une cérémonie plus diversifié et phénoménal. Cette offre également utilisé diaporamas flash sans précédent pour mettre en valeur la ville et des lieux. Qhiro 2010 vraiment insisté sur le concept de la célébration et l'unicité qu'ils apporteront au jeu de balle. La ville ne peut pas être 100% personnalisée lotted ou eyecandy-sion, mais cette ville ainsi que le pays a certainement l'esprit que les Jeux Simlympic mérite. L'offre présente les Petrova Simlympic Park à l'ISC, offrant un environnement unique et sans précédent pour ses athlètes: un paradis de la plage. L'offre a aussi excellé dans le transport et le département des cartes par rapport à celle de l'offre 2008.Globalement, cette offre est l'une des offres les plus vastes et innovateurs qui sera présenté au Comité international Simlympic.

“It all began in July 2008, the country of Petrova found Simsports in hopes of finding a SimCity version of the Olympics. With a click of a mouse, Petrova renewed its interest in the simcity world, visiting Simtropolis, improving the country and most of all bidding for the 2008 December Simlympics. Petrova also joined the Alliance of Independent Nations, while hosting numerous international events along the way. In February 2010, Petrova announced that they will be leaving all simcity sites in December 2010 due to Peter’s want to focus in school. Modern Petrova began in July 2008 with the Simlympics. Now, before saying farewell, Petrova hopes to repay the simsports community by presenting two year’s worth of a bid and hopefully the best Simlympics that will last a lifetime.”

Dedication. We hope that with this bid, we have shown two year’s worth of hard work, perseverance and success that will hopefully go into the most memorable celebration of these Simlympic games.

Dédicace. Nous espérons que grâce à cette offre, nous avons montré la valeur en deux ans de dur labeur, la persévérance et la réussite que nous espérons aller dans la fête la plus mémorable de ces jeux Simlympic.

Activity and Promotion. If Petrova wins the hosting rights 2010 August Games, we will go all out on promotional advertisements such as those from the 2009 Hinawa Games will be distributed throughout the simcity world. After all, the 2009 Hinawa promotion signatures, avatars and posters were made in Petrova! This is what we want to achieve. Like the saying goes, “the more the merrier!” We will guarantee a huge increase of active members during the Chihiro Games, because we want the whole world to celebrate these games!

Hi again. Just a suggestion, when copying and pasting my bid, make sure to actually change everything true to your bid when replacing it with your information. Your bid states that there is a flash slideshow in your bid, but I dont see any. I noticed that half the information you used was uniquely Petrova's bid(like the theme). And last time I checked, you didn't bid last year...did you?

I'm sorry to sound like a jerk, but I'm not a fan of plagiarism.
Peter
Peter
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1386
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://sites.google.com/site/chihiropetrova/

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:24 am

And a bit to add to peter's bit, I remember that there was a country called beropolis I believe it was on the ain forums that was rejected for some sort of breach of forum rules or plagerism and I think I saw that city in the map, maybe wrong but agreeing with peter here.
simsamerica
simsamerica

Back to top Go down

Post by TekindusT Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:02 am

I think we all agree we don't like much seeing plagiarism here...

You don't have to demonstrate anything to anybody here; we simply play and bid for fun, not because we're doing some kind of boring homework we need to plagiarise to hand in on time.

I'm absolutely sure that, if instead of copying that (excellent) presentation you had made your own one, you could have failed, but you would have also learnt from your mistakes for organizing your next bid. Sometimes, users get some real life logos to place in their bids, I think this is somehow acceptable (with some limits) because not everybody is proficient with an edition program. But really, we all know how to write what we have inside, better or worse, we all know.

And if the above bores you, maybe you shouldn't be bidding; just a thought.
TekindusT
TekindusT
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:40 am

Thanks simsamerica.

Tekindus: Totally agree, a lot of people use real world logos for their bids. I admit I tweaked the ASEAN games logo for Chihiro 2010. But my point is that we use real world logos because we're not experienced in making logos. But I am sure that Fulbgoldbatch is not incapable of writing down his own ideas and words, so why copy my bid word for word?

Sure, there's no rule against doing a bid similar to another's bid and there's no copyright to the past bids. Yes, we do this for fun, but I don't see the fun in this at all, if this is supposed to be "fun" I think that Fulbgoldbatch should've come up with his own bid and words. I mean first time bidders definitely look at other bids for inspiration and how to structure their bid. That's ok if they just use the structure of the bid and fill the rest out with their own words and ideas. But I think its unacceptable to copy not only the structure, but the content to its entirety as well. Changing the names/minor details does nothing. I mean Miguel for example made a similar bid to mine, but he didn't copy my bid word for word. Some parts are very similar, but for the most part, he only used the same structure and style and that's fine...because that's his own words and ideas, not mine.

I may be taking this too far but not when I've spent countless hours,nights and years putting together the words to say in my bid only to be plagiarized.

Last edited by Peter on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Peter
Peter
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:45 am

Yeah, personally I realize that it can be overwhelming, one reason I do not plan on bidding for a long time if ever, but to blantantly copy someone elses work, not only is it plagarism, but its disrespectful, insulting to ones self and in extremely poor taste, and casts a bigger shadow on you than had you not bid at all.
simsamerica
simsamerica

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulbgoldbatch Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:11 am

Redone the bid. What do you think?

Fulbgoldbatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:26 am

I'm sorry, but I want to see what you have to say about your city in your own words. What you have to offer to the ISC. Your bid should contain about 80-90% of your own words and explanations. I'm still seeing this: "In the beautiful place of Petrova Weburg, blah blah blah." By redone, you should rephrase everything in your own words. You seem to claim things very similar to Chihiro/Petrova. Please show evidence or if they're not true, delete them and make your own words of what Maxisland really is. Here's what I mean if it's not clear:

Intro of Petrova excerpt: Since then, the country has been transformed tremendously. Petrova has undergone a project called Project Brytyavska. Project Brytyavska is a multi-billion dollar project to transform the capital into a modern fusion of Paris, New York, Moscow, Rome, Chicago, Beijing and Tokyo. Project Brytyavska called for a complete make-over of the capital and as a result the capital is a vast and spacious city with romantic gardens and fountains ubiquitous in the city.

Intro of Maxisland excerpt: During the last three years, the country has undergone a major transformation. Maxisland has undergone a project called Project Terra Nova. Project Terra Nova is a multi-billion dollar project to transform the capital into a modern fusion of Paris, New York, Chicago, Rome, London, Seattle, Atlanta, Detroit, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo. Project Terra Nova called for a complete makeover of the capital and as a result the capital is a vast and spacious city with romantic gardenrs and fountains ubiquitous to the city.

Can we see this "Project Terra Nova"?

Transportation of Petrova excerpt: Making your way through the Petrovan capital is a breeze with the abundant choices our guests have. As of January 2010, 75% of all traffic lights within the Capital Belt have Petrovan and English signs, and 20% with French signs(all the Simlympic routes).

Transportation of Maxisland excerpt: Making your way through the Maxisian capital is a breeze with the abundant choices our guests have. As of January 2011, 75% of all traffic lights within the nation have Maxisian and English signs in the Highway Gothic font and 20% with French signs in the Clearview font (all the Simlympic routes).

OC Petrova exercpt: After all, the Simlympic games are usually remembered not only for their athletes, but for the magnificent pageantry and artistic celebration in the opening ceremony. What makes the Qhiro 2010 Games special is that we found a secret ingredient, one of the many found in this bid. And that secret ingredient is that Qhiro, if granted the hosting rights, will have an Opening Ceremony Committee, consisting of four to six people to help with the ceremony. We realized that, sure, one person is capable of making a great opening ceremony. But why have a great opening ceremony, when you can rest assured knowing that you have not just one perspective, but three or ten people’s idea’s combined into one huge captivating opening ceremony. The Beijing 2008 Olympics Opening Ceremony wasn’t designed just by one person, but by hundreds of people. So, we concluded that if we had the help of not just one person, but more people, we would have the most magnificent games ever. Even with the Opening Ceremony Committee, Petrova will still be making about 80% of the ceremony! After all, the Simlympics is all about unity, sharing and most importantly, a celebration of sport.

OC Maxisland excerpt: After all, the Simlympic games are usually remembered not only for their athletes, but for the magnificent pageantry and artistic celebration in the opening ceremony. What makes the Weburg 2010 Games special is that we found a secret ingredient, one of the many found in this bid. And that secret ingredient is that Weburg, if granted the hosting rights, will have an Opening Ceremony Committee, consisting of four to six people to help with the ceremony. We realized that, sure, one person is capable of making a great opening ceremony. But why have a great opening ceremony, when you can rest assured knowing that you have not just one perspective, but three or ten people’s idea’s combined into one huge captivating opening ceremony. The Beijing 2008 Olympics Opening Ceremony wasn’t designed just by one person, but by hundreds of people. So, we concluded that if we had the help of not just one person, but more people, we would have the most magnificent games ever. Even with the Opening Ceremony Committee, Maxisland will still be making about 80% of the ceremony! After all, the Simlympics is all about unity, sharing and most importantly, a celebration of sport.

From what you're saying, I don't think the ISC and the world wants a repeat of last year's Opening Ceremony...

Culture of Petrova excerpt: "Petrova is a hot and sizzling melting pot of western and eastern cultures. The Petravo Royal Family themselves are from different parts of the world. This resulted in the implementation of an international environment to accommodate foreign guests into the capital. Although Petrovan culture is mostly from Russia, in the past 20 years, the country has westernized, with cultures around the world found all over the place. And, to immortalize this, the capital built the Chihiro International Village, which is like Walt Disney World’s Epcot, but 10 times bigger. You can see this and more in Petrova……"

Culture of Maxisland excerpt: "Maxisland is a hot and sizzling melting pot of northern and western cultures. The Maxisian Royal Family themselves are from different parts of the world. This resulted in the implementation of an international environment to accomodate foreign guests into the capital. Although Maxisian culture is mostly from the Far North, in the past 20 years, the country has westernized, with cultures from around the world found all over the place. And to immortalize this, the capital built the Weburg International City, similar to Walt Disney World's Epcot but 5 times bigger and taller. You can see this and more in Maxisland."

Where is this Weburg International city you speak of that is similar to the Chihiro Int'l Village and Disney's Epcot? I doubt Chihiro and Weburg are the same cities with different names.... What should you do? Remove the paragraph and use your own words to explain what your city/country is all about. Pretty much do the same with most of the bid. If you need help seeing which paragraphs you need to remove and write your own for, look at the Chihiro bid and see which ones are similar. If they're the same, rephrase it.

Review of Petrova: The 2010 Qhiro Games Bid has truly raised the bidding standards with this extensively detailed bid with a refined city and venues from that of the 2008 bid accompanied by aesthetically pleasing graphics. The 2010 bid is a major improvement over its 2008 predecessor bid. The bid is unique in that it was presented with not just one ominous person, but a working team from the Chihiro Simlympic Bidding Committee. Petrova has been dubbed as the “entertainment capital of SimEurope” and they used that to their advantage with the presentation with different presenters in each segment of the bid. Qhiro 2010 proposes something different to the ISC with a unique approach to the opening ceremony. They plan to use not only one person, but the ideas and planning of a team for a more diverse and phenomenal ceremonies. This bid also used unprecedented flash slideshows to showcase the city and venues. Qhiro 2010 really emphasized the concept of celebration and uniqueness that they will bring to the ballgame. The city may not be 100% custom lotted or eyecandy-fied, but this city as well as the country sure has the spirit that the Simlympic Games deserves. The bid presents the Petrova Simlympic Park to the ISC, providing a unique and unprecedented environment for its athletes: a beach paradise. The bid also excelled in the transportation and maps department compared to that of the 2008 bid. Overall, this bid is one of the most extensive and innovative bids to be presented to the International Simlympic Committee.

Review of Maxisland: Review. The 2011 Weburg Games Bid has truly raised the bidding standards with this extensively detailed bid with a refined city and venues from that of the 2010 FIFA bid accompanied by aesthetically pleasing graphics. The 2011 bid is a major improvement over its 2010 predecessor bid. The bid is unique in that it was presented with not just one ominous person, but a working team from the Weburg Simlympic Bidding Committee. Maxisland has been dubbed as the “entertainment capital of Sim North America” and they used that to their advantage with the presentation with different presenters in each segment of the bid. Weburg 2011 proposes something different to the ISC with a unique approach to the opening ceremony. They plan to use not only one person, but the ideas and planning of a team for a more diverse and phenomenal ceremonies. This bid also used unprecedented Powerpoint presentations to showcase the city and venues. Weburg 2011 really emphasized the concept of celebration and uniqueness that they will bring to the ballgame. The city may not be 100% custom lotted or eyecandy-fied, but this city as well as the country sure has the spirit that the Simlympic Games deserves. The bid presents the Maxisland Simlympic Ring to the ISC. The bid also excelled in the transportation and maps department compared to that of the 2010 FIFA bid.

Most of your bid still retains the wording of the Chihiro bid. We want to see your own words for the entire bid. You may use the structure as guidelines in what to put, but you may certainly not just use the exact same things in my bid, change a word or two and pass it as your own. I doubt there's a miniature Epcot or Chihiro International Village in your city. We want to see new ideas, not "innovative" ideas from last year's host.
Peter
Peter
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:57 am

Ok just so you all know I am now looking into this. I haven't turned a blind eye and will be contacting you both very soon.
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulbgoldbatch Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:50 am

Update, most of the bid has been changed so it dosen't look like it looks exactly like Chihiro's bid.

Fulbgoldbatch

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:08 am

Listen to me Fulbgoldbatch. I don't know if you read city journals on Simtropolis, but there is one called The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms out there. It's one of the best journals of all-time, and anybody who has seen it likely believes it. Luckily for me, he is in the same CJ Union as me, so one day, I asked him how his CJ is so good. He had an answer pretty quick: "I do things others haven't done before or thought about doing." Then he puts a lot of heart into abandoning a town, or making a scene from the Oregon Trail, whatever. Something nobody else has ever thought of.

Guess what Peter did during his Simlympic bid? He tried things people haven't done before, which is why it's such a phenomenal bid. And you rip it off. That's not fair for Peter. It's okay to be inspired. But it's not okay to just blatantly rip something off that Peter worked on since 2008.

There is a lot of stuff that I would still nag at if I were Peter. Thats my say.
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Project Terra Nova called for a complete makeover of the capital and as a result the capital is a vast and spacious city with romantic gardenrs and

romantic gardeners??? lol
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:23 pm

K50 Dude wrote:Listen to me Fulbgoldbatch. I don't know if you read city journals on Simtropolis, but there is one called The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms out there. It's one of the best journals of all-time, and anybody who has seen it likely believes it. Luckily for me, he is in the same CJ Union as me, so one day, I asked him how his CJ is so good. He had an answer pretty quick: "I do things others haven't done before or thought about doing." Then he puts a lot of heart into abandoning a town, or making a scene from the Oregon Trail, whatever. Something nobody else has ever thought of.

Guess what Peter did during his Simlympic bid? He tried things people haven't done before, which is why it's such a phenomenal bid. And you rip it off. That's not fair for Peter. It's okay to be inspired. But it's not okay to just blatantly rip something off that Peter worked on since 2008.

There is a lot of stuff that I would still nag at if I were Peter. Thats my say.

If only SimSports had a favorite button...gracias, k50.
Bruce
Bruce

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:40 am

K50 Dude wrote:Guess what Peter did during his Simlympic bid? He tried things people haven't done before, which is why it's such a phenomenal bid. And you rip it off. That's not fair for Peter. It's okay to be inspired. But it's not okay to just blatantly rip something off that Peter worked on since 2008.

Yeah, he did that to beat me Wink And did a great success! Very Happy

Another thing, is your country speaking French?

Btw, there's still copied things and I'm pretty sure you won't be the host of the games with plagiarism. It's great to see past bid to have inspiration, it's what everyone should do... But not plagiarism.

I don't see the changes you talked 'bout...
Blakeway
Blakeway

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-11-29

http://aoin.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fulbgoldbatch Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:03 am

Updated the bid again. Many parts of the bid have been changed now.

Fulbgoldbatch

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:15 am

Bidding is closed now. You're not allowed to change any part of your bid.

I'll consult with the other ISC members to decide whether that (and the extensive plagiarism) should disqualify your bid.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:32 am

Fulbgoldbatch is getting quite infamous here on SS...

1) The completely god-modded "Sim World War II", complete with "jokes" that the AIN supported it...

2) The completely plagarized August 2011 SimLympic bid, plagarized from one of the best bids ever...

OMG
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:50 am

emperordaniel wrote:Fulbgoldbatch is getting quite infamous here on SS...

1) The completely god-modded "Sim World War II", complete with "jokes" that the AIN supported it...

2) The completely plagarized August 2011 SimLympic bid, plagarized from one of the best bids ever...

OMG
No need to say this, emperor... we know Razz
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:28 am

Indeed we do know

This Bid has been Declared Disqualified as the bid was edited after the deadline(well after it).
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down