SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Fourteen - Athletics. Plus Closing Ceremony, Final Medal Table and Speech.

Go down

Day Fourteen - Athletics. Plus Closing Ceremony, Final Medal Table and Speech. Empty Day Fourteen - Athletics. Plus Closing Ceremony, Final Medal Table and Speech.

Post by Slacker Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:41 am

The Games Of The Second Simlympiad

New Dunstonville December 2006

Day 14 - Athletics and Closing Ceremony

Here we are everyone, the last day of the second Simlympics. What an amazing two weeks its been! New Dunstonville has put on one hell of a show, and it all ends tonight - with the last medals being given, the winning nation declared and the closing ceremony taking place. So without further ado, i give you the results of the Athletics:

Gold: DeKalb - Ben Timovich
Silver: Corrinton - Phillip Rockerbie
Bronze: New Rhodesia - Lloyd Richards

Congratulations to all the winning Athletes, not just tonights, but all of you. And also a massive well done to all the other competitors, who although they did not win any medals, are all winners in my eyes.

Now, as all the sports are now finished - the final medal tables can now be announced....
N.B: The way the winner is worked out is based on the amount of gold medals, if two nations have the same amount of gold medals, the nation with the highest amount of silvers will finish higher, so on and so forth.

Fistly, the medal table for the 'divisions':

Day Fourteen - Athletics. Plus Closing Ceremony, Final Medal Table and Speech. MedalTable

Now the full medal table:

Day Fourteen - Athletics. Plus Closing Ceremony, Final Medal Table and Speech. Picture3

Congratulations to everyone! I really want to stress how close this was, and as you can see only 3 total points seperate 11th from 1st place. I would also like to explain to you how the winners are decided:

Firstly, each city is rated out of 30 on the quality of its sports venues, transportation and overall look of the city. It is then given a set amount of "points" say if City A was rated 25/30, it would receive points 1-25. Then, using a random number generator, a number is picked - that number is then checked against the "Points list". Lets say the number that was generated was number 15, that would mean City A would take the medal. Simple, eh?

So, the winner of the 2nd Simlympic Games is Nyhaven! Congratulations!!

Now i would like to thank, on behalf of all of us at the ISC, all of the organisers from New Dunstonville (A.k.a Ccecill Razz) for putting on a truely wonderful games. You've been fantastic hosts, and i've thoroughly enjoyed spending the last two weeks in your fantastic city. I am positive that the Simlympics will be the starting point of something huge for New Dunstonville. It has put billions into your economy, allowing you to build even more fantastic sites. It will provide a lasting legacy for sport in the entire region, giving young children the oppourunity to become world-class athletes and emulate what they've seen their heroes do in the past two weeks.
To sum up; The second simlympics have been breath taking, you've set the standard for everyone else to follow. And if every single Simlympics that follows is even half as good as New Dunstonville has been, it will put a smile onto my face.

So with that, I announce that the games of the Second Simlympiad in New Dunstonville is officially closed.

Now im off to hit the clubs for one last time (Razz) before i fly back to the ISC offices, to await bids for the 3rd Simlympics, in March.

Thank you all,
Slacker (President of the ISC)
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down