SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closing Speech

Go down

Closing Speech Empty Closing Speech

Post by woodb3kmaster Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:03 pm

I'd like to thank Payens and Ryan (Yoder) for putting on a phenomenal Simlympics, truly the best ever. No-one can deny the work that they've put into this, the ISC really appreciate it Smile. I'd also like to thank the citizens of Osturland for putting on such a successful Simlympics.

Next I'd like to congratulate all of the competitors and thank you all for taking part.

Closing Speech Congratulationscopy

Here are some commemorative banners/signatures for the top three nations at this Simlympics.

Closing Speech Goldcopy

Closing Speech Silvercopy

Closing Speech Bronzecopy

I also wish to take this opportunity to talk about the future. We've had over a year of sporting excellence, but we've still only scratched at the surface of what can be achieved. Our goal for the future is to make sport a key part of any city journal, like it has been for every Simlympic host's journal, as well as other CJs like Rorysville and Alton-Upton. One of the ways we'd like to encourage more sport in journals is with our new medal allocation system:

The Simlympic sport line up is split into different categories.
Athletic Sports / Track & Field,
Ball Sports,
Martial Arts,
Miscellaneous,
Racket Sports,
'Strength' Sports,
Water Sports (Indoor),
Water Sports (Outdoor).

As you know, the amount of medals a nation gets has always been decided based on the quality of their sport venues and how much sport features in their journal, however we weren't able to find a perfect way to decide which sports those medals are allocated to. We've tried two different approaches; the sports being decided randomly and the sports being, in effect, entirely decided by the user. The first not giving people any choice and the second giving too much choice. But now, we think we've reached a harmony between the two.

Instead of just rating a CJs sporting calibre as a whole, each CJ will now be rated for each of the the 8 different categories. This means that CJs that are especially good at Water Sports (Indoor) will likely do well in indoor water sports in the Simlympics. But, how do we know if CJs are good at indoor water sports, I hear you ask? Well we're going to have a complete and thorough rating system that takes into account quite a few factors (for example if I continue with the indoor water sports example): swimming pools, swimming events covered in the CJ, maritime updates and much more. A complete list of the new rating system will be announced in a few days. I hope you like the new system Smile. We're aiming to have everything complete in time for the December Simlympics, but as you can imagine, this is a huge job and we might not be able to get everything done in time - we shall endeavour to though.

Finally, we will be pruning the competing nations list and removing any dormant CJs. Hopefully we'll be able to replace them with some new competitors Smile.

Well, that's about it everyone we've got some really exciting stuff coming up soon involving Sim Calcio as well as a new event, so keep an eye out for that. Thank you for listening, and thanks for making this the best Simlympics ever. Enjoy the rest of your night.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down