SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Candidature de la Confédération savoisienne - Annecy 2010

+9
Kumba
dizflip
Slacker
philly_boy
Peter
canuck3360
Monegasque
Aranho
CarmineHilton
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Candidature de la Confédération savoisienne - Annecy 2010 Empty Candidature de la Confédération savoisienne - Annecy 2010

Post by CarmineHilton Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:02 am

Candidature de la Confédération savoisienne - Annecy 2010 Brochureannecy2010
Please click here to see a preview of the official bid.

Last edited by CarmineHilton on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:49 pm; edited 7 times in total
CarmineHilton
CarmineHilton

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Candidature de la Confédération savoisienne - Annecy 2010 Empty Re: Candidature de la Confédération savoisienne - Annecy 2010

Post by Aranho Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:21 am

Whoa. French. I only have a minor understanding of the introduction thanks to the minor knowledge I have about the French language.

Will there be an english version for the intro?
Aranho
Aranho
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2008-10-18

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aranho

Back to top Go down

Candidature de la Confédération savoisienne - Annecy 2010 Empty Re: Candidature de la Confédération savoisienne - Annecy 2010

Post by Monegasque Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:33 am

Fantastique Carmine,
Je suis persuadé que Savoy sera un Fantastique hôte pour le Simlympiques.
can't wait to see ingame pics Carmine, i'm hoping they'll be as awesome as your cj's Wink , haha
alex.
Monegasque
Monegasque
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:51 am

Carmin il regarde et semble absolutly grand, j'aime le logo et la présentation. J'attends impatiemment de voir des peintures ingame
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:57 am

ahhhh!!! hold up y'all lols. je parle et connais petite francaisse. en anglais si'l vous plait? Very Happy
Peter
Peter
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1386
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://sites.google.com/site/chihiropetrova/

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmineHilton Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:26 am

Thanks for the support so far. This first update was just a 'preview' of what will be coming. Winter 2010 is FAR away, so I have much time left to make everything perfect! =)
An update will come later which will totally change my first post. Everything will be much more detailed AND bilingual. Maybe by then some in-game pictures will also be added.

Thank you,
Carmine x
CarmineHilton
CarmineHilton

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:39 am

I look forward to that and indeed Winter is so far away lol
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmineHilton Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Page updated, now links to a bilingual wiki page on the SCJU Wiki with all information on it. All images and graphics will stay in french as I want to keep french domination over this bid (as most of the Savoyard Confederation is french-speaking).

As stated in the main post, images will come later. Smile

EDIT: Also added a video, it sucks I know but it's the best I can do =) x

Last edited by CarmineHilton on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
CarmineHilton
CarmineHilton

Back to top Go down

Post by philly_boy Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:35 am

Very nice, Carmine Very Happy Can't wait to see some images Very Happy
philly_boy
philly_boy
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://www.simcitygreece.gr

Back to top Go down

Post by Monegasque Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:52 am

wow, super neat video carmine Wink
Monegasque
Monegasque
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:05 am

The video is great.

I love the overall graphic style of the bid so far, the silhouettes as part of the ice/snow is a particularly nice touch Smile.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:47 pm

Nice video I must say.
Aranho
Aranho
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2008-10-18

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aranho

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmineHilton Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:24 pm

Official announcement:

As I have found someone to map the area of Annecy, this bid will continue and battle for the rights to host the 2010 Winter Simplymics.
So let's all hope the 2nd Simlympic Winter Games will be held in the Savoyard Confederation!!

L'enjeu grandeur nature!
CarmineHilton
CarmineHilton

Back to top Go down

Post by Monegasque Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:29 pm

Ooo' le Salope a revenu Wink
Monegasque
Monegasque
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dizflip Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:22 am

I like that logo for the Annecy Bid, but I know you're good in photoshop so why didn't you make your own logo instead of taking the Annecy 2018 logo?
dizflip
dizflip

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumba Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:21 pm

Oh yeah I just went to their bid website, you used the same logo, wording, font, and colors, pretty much everything. I would've liked to see something unique and not copied like most people are doing, to show their creativity. I think I'll wait to comment on something that you made since I see the logo and promo vid are from the offical Annecy bid, I'm looking forward to seeing what new things you'll bring to this bid other than the offical stuff thats already out there.
Kumba
Kumba
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 409

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmineHilton Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Myself, I am a big supporter of the 2018 Winter Olympics Bid of Annecy as I have lived in France for a long period of my life. With my country, Savoy, taking up Annecy I used several graphics of the bid as a base to work on. For the logo, see it as a 'tribute'.

I am going to fully recreate Annecy (with a few changes here and there > airport for example) so why not use parts of the Bid of Annecy to do the city justice? Smile In my eventual bid, there will be a LOT of own made material as the entire SC4 part and many graphics that I am going to re-do.

If people cannot agree with this or don't like this, then I will pull out my bid Smile
Thank you!

Last edited by CarmineHilton on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
CarmineHilton
CarmineHilton

Back to top Go down

Post by Monegasque Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Carmine don't give up this bid, I'm sure it's going to be fantastic, just don't be put down by there comments.
don't give up this bid before it's even started! Very Happy
Monegasque
Monegasque
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:49 am

Carmine don't worry about that plenty of people have used logos of RL bids and if you like it and it suits your bid then use it.
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumba Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:44 am

Carmine -

I did not suggest you pull out your bid. I was just merely stating I would like to see something that came from you rather than something copied so far. Its what makes the simlympic unique, how people make their bid unique to Sim City rather than just taking everything from a RL event. Using the real Annecy bid because your nation takes up that space in RL is fine with me, but I just would like to see you put your "personal touch" into it and make it different than the real bid.

Sorry if you got the wrong impression from me. Hopefully you'll understand better now what I meant in my post Smile
Kumba
Kumba
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 409

Back to top Go down

Post by dizflip Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:52 am

No one said to pull out your bid, nor did anyone criticise you using the logo. Very Happy

All I did was ask. Wink Regardless, you did a great job modifying it.
dizflip
dizflip

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:24 am

Bidding for the Simlympics are about showing off your skill in SimCity. Graphics look nice, but don't make a difference to how the ISC votes.

Someone could copy London 2012's bid image for image, and just replace photos of London with SC4 images and it wouldn't have any negative affect on their chances at all. Smile.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by dizflip Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:40 am

^ well said!

cheer up Carmine, no need to get into a hissy fit over a tiny littile question xD
dizflip
dizflip

Back to top Go down

Post by Monegasque Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:37 am

To be honest with you Diz, your so called question was quite intrusive,
I'd most likely have a hissy fit, i'f somebody was being quite rude about my bid at such an early stage of the bidding process.
We all know that Carmine has fantastic skills in photoshop, but you didn't have to be rude about him for not using original content.
and to be honest with you Carmine wasn't really having much of a hissy fit, you just made him feel like theres no point in bidding and completely ruined his self-confidence.

Sorry about braggin' on about this, just felt like it needed to be said.
keep up the great work Carmine! Very Happy
can't wait until i see the rest of the bid!
Monegasque
Monegasque
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:49 am

And with that, I think we can declare this matter closed Smile.

We don't want to ruin Carmine's thread with silly little disagreements now, do we? Wink
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next