SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 0: Opening Ceremony

Go down

Day 0: Opening Ceremony Empty Day 0: Opening Ceremony

Post by Slacker Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:07 am

At last, the big day had come! Tonight, I would be attending the opening ceremonies of the Simlympics, held right here in Nyhaven. I remembered how hard I had worked getting the city ready for the Games and knew it would all be worth it.

Day 0: Opening Ceremony Upd15img1

While I was striving to prepare the city's transit networks for the huge influx of visitors that had already started arriving in town, other city employees built a host of new stadiums and arenas to host the many events of the Simlympics. After six years of construction at Puget Island Athletics Park and elsewhere in the city, everything was finally ready.

Day 0: Opening Ceremony Upd15img2

I decided to ride down the Central Line to the big park so I wouldn't have to worry about parking, which i knew would be tight. When I arrived, there were already thousands of people outside the new Jean Le Conte Simlympic Stadium, the centerpiece of the Games, waiting to get in. I knew I was in for a long wait...

Day 0: Opening Ceremony Upd15img3

As the sun set, I finally made it to my seat - a pretty good one, thanks to my connections in city government. Looking out across the stadium, I was struck by just how many people were there that evening.

Day 0: Opening Ceremony Upd15img4

I knew that just outside the stadium, the Simlympic cauldron's plaza was being emptied and prepared for the final leg of the Simlympic relay. The torch had arrived in Lower Columbia just hours ago and was making its way from Astoria to the park.

Finally, as the last sunlight disappeared, the opening ceremony began. What a ceremony it was!

Day 0: Opening Ceremony Upd15img5

Day 0: Opening Ceremony Upd15img6

The fireworks displays were unbelievable! Not only that, but they also perfectly complemented the theatrics that were unfolding doen on the field.

Eventually, the parade of athletes began. At the end, when Team Lower Columbia entered the stadium, a tremendous roar went up across the stadium. This was a huge point of national pride.

Day 0: Opening Ceremony Upd15img7

Finally, His Majesty King Zachary, together with ISC president Slacker, declared the Simlympics to officially be open. Once the last few athletes had had their turn with the Simlympic torch, the cauldron was lit - and a new fireworks extravaganza began!

Day 0: Opening Ceremony Upd15img8

Day 0: Opening Ceremony Upd15img9
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down