SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Chandler III

+10
2b2gbi
cormiermax
Emperador gran dios
Bruce
JetShadez66
canuck3360
Wacky32
simsamerica
Blakeway
K50
14 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New Chandler III - Page 4 Empty Re: New Chandler III

Post by K50 Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:05 pm

Remember these places, this is probably the city where I will be hosting my next torch relay Smile

New Chandler III - Page 4 4ebef44f

The Sophanem Spire is a large radio and observation tower. It is the third tallest building in the city.
New Chandler III - Page 4 B8a7d1bc

Near the Sunset Pier a new statue made out of brass has been erected.
New Chandler III - Page 4 9671a712

A desalinization plant removes saline (salt) from Mitchell Lagoon to provide the water of Sophanem and northern Doherty. Southern Doherty (previous entry) and Roseburgh (coming soon) are two other cities on the same island that make up Pelham Province and have their own desalinization plants.
New Chandler III - Page 4 5f069805

A common sight in Sophanem, houses, apartments, religions structures, etc.
New Chandler III - Page 4 3bad86f6

The spire of a church shines in the sunlight. Churches are relatively rare in Pelham, as 90% of the population in this province are Muslim.
New Chandler III - Page 4 4fab5bf6

The old and famous Red Mosque.
New Chandler III - Page 4 8b60c74b

If you go up the roads you may have seen an open area. This is part of the Diplomatic Palace of Sophanem, where political leaders (presidents, prime ministers, etc) stay. Flags of New Chandler tower above it.
New Chandler III - Page 4 67f3d313

To end, a shot of Downtown Sophanem.
New Chandler III - Page 4 6fbe4270
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperador gran dios Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:06 am

I like the park in the last photo, very realistic and it works well with the neighboring downtown area. Very nice
Emperador gran dios
Emperador gran dios

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:55 am

Emperador gran dios wrote:I like the park in the last photo, very realistic and it works well with the neighboring downtown area. Very nice
Thanks, glad you liked it!

New update is coming this weekend! It is a few maps of New Chandler 2.0, so you will know where things are. It will also show the government system and the National Green (like The Mall in Washington D.C. for New Chandler).

Also, voting has closed from Winchester... I am pleased to announce that mayorm from Simmania got the idea (ritzy shops) and Benedict from Simtropolis Forums got the name (Kensington). You will see the results next time!
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:43 am

New Chandler III - Page 4 4a26c904

To start, there is finally a map of New Chandler. Today, we are in New Chandler City, the large green area in the southwest corner. Particular the Central Core, which is just above the peninsula to the east of Raintree Cove.
New Chandler III - Page 4 C9becd6d

Well guess what, you only get two pictures today. Click them, you'll be glad you did. (one of the smaller forum-sized ones is being a little "trippy" but if you click it you should still get something).

There are about 1366x3200, one is a bit larger, one a bit smaller.

New Chandler III - Page 4 263px-NC_up22mosiac1

New Chandler III - Page 4 243px-NC_up22mosiac2
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperador gran dios Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:35 am

ooo very nice k50
Emperador gran dios
Emperador gran dios

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:59 am

This was supposed to be later, but I just couldn't resist doing it now.

If you are referring to the map from the previous entry, the little vacation islands are probably to the east of Parringshire/Galanos/Waterford. They could probably fit on the map as they aren't far but they are so small and there are so many...

Also, this was supposed to use a beach mod, however, it didn't work and corrupted the city tile with my first attempt at an island. Sorry for using the Maxis beaches.

Anyway, here is the rather large update!
New Chandler III - Page 4 9f587a50

We will start on Teardrop Island. Named because it looks like one.
New Chandler III - Page 4 Fd7a486c

These islands you will see almost always have chipping and putting greens, a few beautiful homes, pristine beaches, tennis courts, a pool, and lots of flora.
New Chandler III - Page 4 F944fce8

To the side you can see a pier. Pontoon water taxis serve these piers. All you have to do is call it from your vacation home and it will show up in about five minutes, enough time for you to walk. These allow people to hop between the islands and the big cities like Twilight City and Galanos.
New Chandler III - Page 4 Dadf98a1

Another island nearby is Efrain Island.
New Chandler III - Page 4 A47f35a2

New Chandler III - Page 4 493e85e0

Two houses are under construction on this island near the taxi pier. A tidal wave took out a house here a few years ago. Solar panels were also built to supply power to the island.
New Chandler III - Page 4 0fe69b21

Before we move about a mile up the ocean, an aerial view of the two islands.
New Chandler III - Page 4 B851cf6e

We move north to another group of islands. Mesa Island has a small hill on it, which a house sits on top of. What a wonderful place to stay.
New Chandler III - Page 4 377da98a

New Chandler III - Page 4 D6a0380a

With a very low bridge and rocky channel, water taxis have a fun time entering this pier. Buoys help during the night so the boats don't go over the rocks.
New Chandler III - Page 4 Ec22d5c8

Walk across the bridge to reach a tiki club and lounge. People from all over the small islands come here to eat some tropical food.
New Chandler III - Page 4 86cc6cdf

Comé Island is a very elite island with only two houses to rent.
New Chandler III - Page 4 171c8df1

Finally, Rosa Island, housing one mansion much bigger than the rest hosting massive beach parties Friday and Saturday nights. The house can be rented for large groups about 12 months in advance for groups of 20 or more.
New Chandler III - Page 4 F106b34f

New Chandler III - Page 4 A1cde4b7

View of the last four to leave you guys. See you next weekend!
New Chandler III - Page 4 Dc34606e
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:57 am

very nice
just a tip though with Buoys it's always "RED Right Returning" so your Buoys are actually backwards
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:36 pm

SHIT I forgot about the returning part. I was thinking leaving (in which case it would be right).
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:30 pm

yup it's a tricky one but one I've really come to learn living next to a whole slew of waterways lol
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:40 am

Before I start this entry, I just want to warn you that there was a of construction going on, especially downtown, when I took the pictures for this entry. Sorry if this bothers you as much as it bothers me.
New Chandler III - Page 4 Fa4df517

The last time we saw Doherty, I didn't explain too much. However, like any city in Pelham, the cultures here are very diverse. Lets start near White University.
New Chandler III - Page 4 3321ecf0

Now we move to a wealth part of town near the university called the Mango District. People named it that only because of the orange roofs, and not much else.
New Chandler III - Page 4 33272c08

A zoomed-in look of a part of the Mango District.
New Chandler III - Page 4 B8c24b4b

The foothills of Pine Peak. Stone Pines from the Spanish explorers were grown on this peak, now, they dominate it. These houses work their way up the hill on a steep slope.
New Chandler III - Page 4 6fe39d28

At the very top of the hill is a ferris wheel, popular to the lovebirds visiting Doherty. The ends of city wrap around it.
New Chandler III - Page 4 9ee9f8c5

Heading into Downtown now....
New Chandler III - Page 4 A19da591

Downtown Doherty is growing the fastest, especially around the stadium.
New Chandler III - Page 4 56cf52b9

The oldest part of town, the Paisley District.
New Chandler III - Page 4 7dc3338b

A few landmarks now. First off is the Armory. The battle for New Chandler's independence took place in Doherty, and this building was the center of the action. Damaged parts of the building have been restored. Now, it is a museum.
New Chandler III - Page 4 051d69fd

Gregg Palace is currently the center of the Pelham government, despite being the southernmost building in the state. The government of Pelham also lives here.
New Chandler III - Page 4 828a933a

Fort Abbot Stadium during a game. This stadium is the biggest in Pelham, until the new Roseburgh Financial Harbour Stadium is completed next summer. The lopsided glass roof of the stadium is a symbol of Doherty sports.
New Chandler III - Page 4 F8a8cc70

Finally, a Region Census image of the city tile we focused on. I was going to have a full resolution one within the game, however, at level 2 zoom, the game crashed...
New Chandler III - Page 4 992ffb43

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, see you next week! Sorry for being so late with this entry...
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:28 pm

looks great funny you said crashed at Zoom 2 I've been having the same issue lately are you using Windows 7?
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:41 am

canuck3360 wrote:looks great funny you said crashed at Zoom 2 I've been having the same issue lately are you using Windows 7?
Well I was at 5, and I had to get to 1, and I pretty much use the 1 key on the keyboard when i am done playing to automatically crash the game Razz so I edged out with the minus key and made it to level 2, but then it went. Big cities (this tile was about 115k population and rapidly growing) are terrible for zoomed-out pictures.

And yes this is Windows 7. I will say that it is better than Vista Wink but still XP is probably the best for the game.
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Indeed and yeah I have the same issue it seems to be level 2 period for some reason
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:38 pm

To keep you drooling....

New Chandler III - Page 4 D445b98d
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:15 pm

So much palms, it should be called: Palm University Wink
Blakeway
Blakeway

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-11-29

http://aoin.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:22 pm

Boy, has it been some time... this city tile was just a pain in the you-know-what. It crashed, it froze, and the farms are still not the way I want them. Nontheless, I find Parringshire presentable today. I hope you enjoy it.

By the way, I am heading off to Phoenix, Arizona, the main inspiration for New Chandler, next week. I will be doing a huge comparison of New Chandler's features to Phoenix's features, with picture took by me (and maybe Google Street View to places I can't visit during my trip) and comparing to pictures from New Chandler and New Chandler 2.0. I can't wait to do this.

Anyway, here is the update...
New Chandler III - Page 4 Fe5e0153

Parringshire is the second largest city in the province of Glendora, a land full of small islands full of farming. The city is growing rapidly, and is moving from agriculture to commerce very quickly.
New Chandler III - Page 4 48b0e1f2

Downtown Parringshire is the center of the new commerce.
New Chandler III - Page 4 5c990cf2

New Chandler III - Page 4 C2332b44

The University of Parringshire is one of the most beautiful campuses in New Chandler, as you can expect, this college is popular with students coming as far as Europe or the United States.
New Chandler III - Page 4 8930e27b

You may remember this postcard from a teaser... it also shows the stadium.
New Chandler III - Page 4 D445b98d

The Parringshire Castle was a retreat for English kings and princes before New Chandler broke free from Britian. Still surrounded by the moats (and now the city), this is now a landmark of the city.
New Chandler III - Page 4 802db016

Outside of the city, as you can expect, is farms. Lots of farms.
New Chandler III - Page 4 A9056c32

Occasionally, small condos will pop up along the road, like these. They provide views of the Indian Ocean on one side, and the Parringshire Lake on the other, with fruits and flowers below it all.
New Chandler III - Page 4 C72c505a

Finally, something I am NOT impressed with, a mosaic that went pretty bad, as in sideways, plus, the HSR and the RHW needed photoshopping, and my efforts were, well, bad Razz you'll see where. Still, it provides a good view of the downtown to the Parringshire Lake, so it's worth showing.

Beware, it's big! (1376 x 6646 JPEG)
New Chandler III - Page 4 Ncup25mosaic
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:33 pm

I love the GLR in Road and Really like that tunnel at a 90 turn looks great

also where did you get that awesome HSR arch station?
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperador gran dios Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:41 pm

K50 very nice mosaic few things I noticed,

1. Just bellow the train station in the middle of the picture there is a part where the tracks crosses the road.... but the track pieces don't meet up one goes right into a 3 way road intersection and then the tracks just out just bellow that.

1a. -edit- also when the rail goes under the elevated rail (or well on the hill there... where'd u get that?) it doesn't match up coming out and it can, I like how you're trying to keep space between rail and development but the tunnel seems a little oddly shaped to me.

2. Keeping in that same area, nice use of the slums.... but the rest of the area around it was almost too nice. The police station, the train station.... and the middle class houses just opposite the police station.... it seems kinda awkward to me.

3. Just before the bridge, there is just the tip of some fields and a road that ends just before the bridge. It strikes me as if you went "I'm gonna build a nice farming community".... never mind.... "Railroad!" which is nice and I recognize how it ties into your developing the area from agricultural to commerce, but I think it could use just a bit of sprucing up to make the flow a little more natural and a little less "I changed my mind"

4.finally near the bottom some nice landscaping around the highway and the rail would bring that out.

over all I wouldn't call your efforts here bad, in fact the effort is pretty good just really minor attention to detail type of things. Great job
Emperador gran dios
Emperador gran dios

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:03 pm

K50 Dude wrote:a mosaic that went pretty bad, as in sideways
Emperador you shall read! Twisted Evil As I said, this town is not good, I said "presentable". Think of Wacky, he's got much longer to go Wink Everyone does. It's called life Razz

And canuck you can click the smiley face for your link → Razz
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:49 pm

K50 Dude wrote:Everyone does.

Are you sure on that one?
canuck3360