SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAS (Points Allocation System) [PAS now offline]

+19
Canti
Melbourne
Monegasque
woodb3kmaster
Matt
LeLeOne
Neil
anarchy0029
Aranho
CraigKingOfIreland
Leech
Emperor Stormont
knarfmo
Kitsune
canuck3360
Kumba
Joe 90
cormiermax
Slacker
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

PAS (Points Allocation System) [PAS now offline] - Page 4 Empty Re: PAS (Points Allocation System) [PAS now offline]

Post by Matt Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:31 am

You have 2 possibilities :
1) Resubmit your points entirely
2) Submit the extra points to the events of your choosing.
Matt
Matt
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 863
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

PAS (Points Allocation System) [PAS now offline] - Page 4 Empty Re: PAS (Points Allocation System) [PAS now offline]

Post by woodb3kmaster Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:42 am

Um, I'm pretty sure Lower Columbia's supposed to have 700 points - 500 + 50 for hosting + 25 for prior bid + 125 for participating in 5 past Simlympiads. Am I right?

EDIT: Also, since it's still Sunday here in the States, is it OK if I submit my points now?
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitsune Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:22 am

I just submitted mine, so do yours now too, hes prolly asleep and doesnt notice... Smile
Kitsune
Kitsune

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-02-27

http://www.glidingeagle.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:33 am

Woodb: Ah, yes. Reason for this is because you signed up a new and I didn't look closely enough at the new competitors. Fixed now Smile. Although you don't get extra points for both being a past bidder and a past host.

Kitsune: Evil or Very Mad lol
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:52 pm

Sorry about the slight delay. Please accept Sarnia's points too. I forgot to send them earlier.
Matt
Matt
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:56 am

Novlands PAS has been sent.
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Monegasque Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:59 am

Parlimentralia's PAS sent
Monegasque
Monegasque
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:23 pm

Slacker wrote:Woodb: Ah, yes. Reason for this is because you signed up a new and I didn't look closely enough at the new competitors. Fixed now Smile. Although you don't get extra points for both being a past bidder and a past host.

That's odd, since I got points for both in the last Simlympics (I had 675 points then, just like you have posted for me now). Since Lower Columbia has attended another Simlympiad, my point total should have gone up by 25 (and here I'd like to point out that you say 20 points in your first post, but you actually give 25 - something to edit, methinks). Know what I mean?
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:37 am

Ok, that's strange... not sure why that's happened. But I'll redo PAS before the start of the next games to make sure there aren't any other little mistakes like that one. Thanks for the heads up.

Feel free to complete PAS again simply adding 25 more points to whichever events you wish.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:56 am

No need; I figured my points based on a total of 700 to begin with. Thanks anyway Smile
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:30 am

I removed any additional points people submitted though Razz. Sorry!
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:36 am

Bad news. Sad All my hope was in Sarnia Sad Have you deleted them too ?
Matt
Matt
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:47 am

Huh? I just meant if a nation was supposed to have 500 points but they submitted 515 points, I removed 15 points from the sport with the most points in it.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:49 am

Just a misunderstanding. Thanks for clarifying Smile
Matt
Matt
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:52 am

Slacker wrote:Ok, that's strange... not sure why that's happened. But I'll redo PAS before the start of the next games to make sure there aren't any other little mistakes like that one. Thanks for the heads up.

Feel free to complete PAS again simply adding 25 more points to whichever events you wish.

So now that the PAS is back up (at least, it seems to be, since the form is up), I figured I'd bring this up again: Will I get points for both my unsuccessful first bid and my hosting, or just for hosting? Using the new point values, I've already calculated that Lower Columbia should have 1200 points if only the past hosting counts (1230 otherwise). Also, will the qualification rounds factor into which sports I can assign points to?
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:05 pm

We're currently updating PAS so that it contains all of the new events, it should be finished very shortly and then everyone will be able to submit their PAS Smile.

You just get the points for being a previous host, they're mutually exclusive.

Just checked the spreadsheet and yes, you do indeed have 1200 points Smile.

Qualification rounds... we haven't announced the full detail of how they're going to work yet, but qualification shouldn't necessarily factor into which sports you assign points to. Think of the qualification tournaments as a stage that has always existed, but the results of which were just never posted - instead we posted only the top results. There is an extra little layer added in on top of that, which will be revealed perhaps tomorrow (It's quite a sensitive issue and the wording of it has to be carefully chosen otherwise it may lead to unintended consequences).
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitsune Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:09 pm

I'm working on it!
Kitsune
Kitsune

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-02-27

http://www.glidingeagle.com

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:10 pm

Slacker wrote:We're currently updating PAS so that it contains all of the new events, it should be finished very shortly and then everyone will be able to submit their PAS Smile.

You just get the points for being a previous host, they're mutually exclusive.
I thought they might be. I'll hold off on planning my new points distribution until the new events are finalized.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
ISC Member
ISC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:14 pm

The new events list is finalised, so feel free to plan it all out if you wish.

It's just a matter of changing the list on the PAS website.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:24 am

List updated and a new PAS is ready for use Very Happy.

Details on the first page Smile.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by knarfmo Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Nice work on the spreadsheet, guys!
knarfmo
knarfmo
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Melbourne Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:29 pm

umm not to be a bother, but shouldnt Victoria have 910 points? Have been at two Simlympics and 1 bid
Melbourne
Melbourne
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:19 am

It should indeed, my apologies.

List updated Smile.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by LeLeOne Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:09 am

I'm sorry but it seems that my excel doesn't want to work today, can someone make a random PAS for me?
LeLeOne
LeLeOne

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:11 am

same here
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next